The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

We could sign Ronaldo and Fabregas and it would make no difference, you know why? because he's play Ronaldo at right back and Fabregas in defence

This is one thing I will defend Allardyce on, I presume you're talking about N'Zogbia here. Charles has been played at left back for the majority of the season because Enrique has either been injured or deemed unready for the premiership. I recall Beye was left to kick his heels until deemed capable at this level and is now one of our better performers.

I genuinely believe Jose Enrique will become a feature of our side for quite some time. I'm pleased Sam Allardyce hasn't thrown a young lad into the Premiership without letting him grow accustomed. I'd wager he'd have played more if we had been playing better and that would have seen Charles pushed further forward and Milner to the right.

There are many things that seem to be wrong with Allardyces tactics, but I'm not a Premiership manager so I'd like to think there is rhyme behind his reasons.

Can you explain his decisions to play other players out of position. Just how will Enrique become accustomed to the PL when he's not even deemed good enough to play against derby at home. I'll remind you were 19 games in and we paid 6 million for this lad.

Maybe BS has got him spending time with a shrink...look into my eyes, you will not be fazed by the PL, you are the best LB in the country.

Dragging players off when they make a mistake and slagging your players to the press is something not even the Jock cock sucker done.

:lol:

Let's get real and look at the facts.

GEREMI: He had seen him as a Boro & Chelsea player and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

FAYE: He had him as a player at Bolton and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

SMITH: He had seen him as a player for Leeds & Man United and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

BARTON: He had seen him as a player for Man City and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

VIDUKA: He had seen him as a player for Leeds & Boro and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

BEYE, CACAPA, ROZENHAL, ENRIQUE: Don't know if he ever saw them play but he must have thought they would fit into his plans.

N'ZOGBIA: Must think he'd be better at left-back than wide left to fit his plans.

MILNER: Must think he'd be better on the left than on the right to fit his plans.

EMRE: Must think he's not good enough for the starting line-up to fit his plans.

TAYLOR: Must think he's only good enough when he thinks Cacapa & Rozy aren't fitting his plans.

MARTINS: Hard to know if he thinks Oba fits his plans as a striker so he plays him on the right.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT HE'S THINKING AND WHAT HIS PLANS ARE?

Let's get real and look at the facts.

GEREMI: He had seen him as a Boro & Chelsea player and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

FAYE: He had him as a player at Bolton and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

SMITH: He had seen him as a player for Leeds & Man United and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

BARTON: He had seen him as a player for Man City and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

VIDUKA: He had seen him as a player for Leeds & Boro and must have thought he would fit in his plans.

BEYE, CACAPA, ROZENHAL, ENRIQUE: Don't know if he ever saw them play but he must have thought they would fit into his plans.

N'ZOGBIA: Must think he'd be better at left-back than wide left to fit his plans.

MILNER: Must think he'd be better on the left than on the right to fit his plans.

EMRE: Must think he's not good enough for the starting line-up to fit his plans.

TAYLOR: Must think he's only good enough when he thinks Cacapa & Rozy aren't fitting his plans.

MARTINS: Hard to know if he thinks Oba fits his plans as a striker so he plays him on the right.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT HE'S THINKING AND WHAT HIS PLANS ARE?

Trying to get the sack ?

The .com report from the Wigan game is pretty damning. Although they've been miserable fuckers for years, they seem worse now than they were under Souness or Roeder. The last sentance in particular sums up their attitude:

"Play like this and you deserve everything you get in terms of grief from the terraces."

Never seen them backing the booing/abuse from the crowd before.

Allardyce needs more time - Ferguson

28/12/2007 - 10:35:54 PM

Alex Ferguson will be “astounded” if Newcastle decided to sack manager Sam Allardyce.

The Magpies boss is under intense pressure once more following the St Stephen's Day defeat at Wigan and with Chelsea to play at Stamford Bridge tomorrow, the situation could get even worse.

With an awkward FA Cup tie at Stoke looming, the former Bolton chief could find himself the first Barclays Premier League managerial casualty of 2008.

Such a move would represent the 10th change of manager at St James’ Park during Ferguson’s illustrious 21 years at United.

Yet despite such a history of upheaval, Ferguson would be staggered if Newcastle owner Mike Ashley dumped his old pal.

“It seems to me as soon as Newcastle lose a game, the manager’s career is threatened,” he said.

“I would be astounded if they got rid of Sam. I am convinced that of all the managers they have had, he is capable of doing better than most.

“They have to say to themselves ’Look, we need to give this time’.”

Ferguson still cannot believe the decision to dispense with Sir Bobby Robson’s services in 2004, a move he felt defied all logic.

And, to an extent, the United boss feels a club who have not won a major trophy in over half a century are suffering from unrealistic expectations raised by a five-goal hammering of his own team on Tyneside 11 years ago.

“The worst thing that happened to Newcastle was when they beat us 5-0,” Ferguson added.

“How many years ago was that? But since then, they seem to think they should win every game 5-0.

“I am not sure the Newcastle job is one you would want to take.

“I will certainly never understand why they got rid of Bobby Robson given his experience and enthusiasm, plus the fact he is a Geordie.”

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has also leapt to Allardyce’s defence.

Bruce cannot understand why Newcastle would ditch someone with such an impressive track record quite so quickly.

“Being under pressure is part and parcel of the job now – but it is bordering on the ludicrous now,” he said.

“If you don’t get an instant impact now, you can find yourself out of a job after eight or 10 games. What heart does that give anybody?

“I spoke to Sam yesterday. It was typical of him to ring and congratulate us on our performance.

“As I keep stressing, the job he did at Bolton proves he is a good manager. Who could have done a better job than that? What has changed?”

Bruce feels the trigger-happy clubs are sending out totally the wrong message to aspiring coaches.

“It takes the best part of five years to get your coaching badges to try and manage at the top level,” he said.

“You can do all that hard work and be in a job for three months before you get shown the door.”

Well it's becoming clear, despite what the fans might think, a lot of managers, coaches, players and pundits all think we should give Sam time and no-one in their right mind would take this job. Depressing.

Well it's becoming clear, despite what the fans might think, a lot of managers, coaches, players and pundits all think we should give Sam time and no-one in their right mind would take this job. Depressing.

They don't have to watch it every week.

the point I have been making for fucking ages... but to no avail :lol:

And, to an extent, the United boss feels a club who have not won a major trophy in over half a century are suffering from unrealistic expectations raised by a five-goal hammering of his own team on Tyneside 11 years ago.

“The worst thing that happened to Newcastle was when they beat us 5-0,” Ferguson added.

“How many years ago was that? But since then, they seem to think they should win every game 5-0.

Get lost you fat bastard, who do you think you are? Clearly still sore over that loss and losing Shearer to us. Just what we don't need - the peanut gallery chiming in on our club. I mean, Jesus. Could this guy get any more condescending?

Of course the moral of the story is that we've made ourselves this laughingstock with our awful signings and near-constant managerial changes over the years. Sam isn't the man to stop it though, so I'll put up with the ridicule of one more swap if we can get the right guy this time.

Reasons for BFSA to stay

1. He did well at Bolton

Reasons for BFSA to fook off

1. We are shite, as bad as under Souness and Roeder

2. He hasnt got a clue about tactics/formations

3. His style of football is piss poor

4. He doesnt know where the players best positions are

5. Our defence is still crap despite him signing 5 defenders

6. We have dropped 5 points against Derby, lost at Wigan, Drawn to Sunderland/Boro all of who are relegation fodder

People made the fair point when Shepherd needed the PL clubs to vote to allow Roeder to be manager that "they would wouldn't they" as it meant no danger. Its the same for managers now backing Allardyce - known (and limited) entity.

Reasons for BFSA to stay

1. He did well at Bolton

6. We have dropped 5 points against Derby, lost at Wigan, Drawn to Sunderland/Boro all of who are relegation fodder

1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 are the same point rehashed, that he's tactically inept, but then, even King Keegan was often found out tactically when attack, attack, attack didn't pay off.

Point 6 is just results. Why haven't you included the results against Arsenal, Villa, Everton, and West Ham (who're all above us) in the reasons to keep him?

Reasons for BFSA to stay

1. He did well at Bolton

1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 are the same point rehashed, that he's tactically inept, but then, even King Keegan was often found out tactically when attack, attack, attack didn't pay off.

Point 6 is just results. Why haven't you included the results against Arsenal, Villa, Everton, and West Ham (who're all above us) in the reasons to keep him?

Dour 0-0 with Villa at Home, I would expect to beat both West Ham and Everton at home. The Arse game was a decent battling performance after we gave them a 1 goal start due to more comical defending.

As for your comment about JUST RESULTS, isnt this a results business?

Are you happy with our performances against Derby,Wigan, Sunderland,Boro plus being arse raped at home by Pompey and Liverpool?

Can you see the green shoots of recovery under Sam?

Are we playing well?

Reasons for BFSA to stay

1. He did well at Bolton

Dour 0-0 with Villa at Home, I would expect to beat both West Ham and Everton at home. The Arse game was a decent battling performance after we gave them a 1 goal start due to more comical defending.

Are you happy with our performances against Derby,Wigan, Sunderland,Boro plus being arse raped at home by Pompey and Liverpool?

Are we playing well?

It's a results business and the results have us higher than last year at the moment so Sam will be comfortable that he shouldn't be sacked.

Playing well? No, but imagine how much higher we'll go when we hit our form, considering where we are at our worst. :lol:

Reasons for BFSA to stay

1. He did well at Bolton

Are we playing well?

It's a results business and the results have us higher than last year at the moment so Sam will be comfortable that he shouldn't be sacked.

Playing well? No, but imagine how much higher we'll go when we hit our form, considering where we are at our worst. :lol:

Are you expecting us to get better and start playing free flowing, attacking football while keeping things tight at the back or are you hoping the hump it long and get stuck in will work when we sign some cloggers and get shot of our limited amount of creative players who dont fit into fattys vision of how to play football. It may become clearer by his signings , if any, come the window. If we are linked with Kevin Davies and big,tall africans then we know what to expect

Reasons for BFSA to stay

1. He did well at Bolton

Are we playing well?

Playing well? No, but imagine how much higher we'll go when we hit our form, considering where we are at our worst. :huh:

Are you expecting us to get better and start playing free flowing, attacking football while keeping things tight at the back or are you hoping the hump it long and get stuck in will work when we sign some cloggers and get shot of our limited amount of creative players who dont fit into fattys vision of how to play football. It may become clearer by his signings , if any, come the window. If we are linked with Kevin Davies and big,tall africans then we know what to expect

I'm expecting Allardyce to keep playing the way he's always played. The way we knew he'd play when we took him on and the way everyone accepted at the time as a dirty solution to get us back into the top half and chasing European places. The way I said would have him sacked by christmas when he first came here (he's performed ABOVE my expectation :lol: )

I thought the people that wanted him here wanted us to be as intermittently effective as Bolton were under him, over the space of a good few years to make us a more attractive, stable option for a better class of manager. If anything the position is even more poisoned than after Robson, Souness or Roeder and people want us to repeat the same mistake.

Edited by Happy Face

I'm also expecting him to settle on a team. We've only named one unchanged side since Boro...when we beat Birmingham.

Over the 7 games we've lost we've made 24 changes.

Over the 7 games that we've won we've only made 10.

Very little of this is down to injuries.

I don't care where he decides to play who...as long as he does it regularly.

''Newcastle becoming one of the most unpopular teams in the country''

The BBC yesterday on the Barton story.

:lol:

I couldn't give a fuck about being unpopular like but when it's our own doing.

Unpopular and winning things/matches = Not fucked

Unpopular = Playing shite/clueless/criminals in midfield again/Owner highlighted at every game by media/ manager who talks the talk but then tries to walk the walk only to find his best shoes showered in dogshit/some seemlingly apathetic fans etc etc.

:huh:

Didier Deschamps has admitted he would like to coach in the Premier League.

The Frenchman has been out of work since stepping down as Juventus manager at the end of last season.

He is now looking to return to management and concedes he would be most excited to receive a job offer from England.

"If you want to have the most freedom to act, the best country seems to be England, where the coach can decide more on signings," Deschamps told L'Equipe.

"Spain is attractive too but Italy would be difficult as I am labelled 'Juventus'.

"It would also give me enormous pride to coach the France national team. It would be a beautiful way to come full circle after experiencing that level as a player and captain."

Chelsea

Deschamps was heavily linked with the Chelsea job following Jose Mourinho's departure and he admits he has been contacted by his former club in the past.

Deschamps has also revealed that he was approached by a couple of French clubs in the summer.

He said: "Chelsea and Valencia? I know some people at those two clubs, and there were approaches.

"There was contact with Lyon but the timing was not good after my departure from Juventus.

"I also met Lens chairman Gervais Martel."

Didier Deschamps has admitted he would like to coach in the Premier League.

The Frenchman has been out of work since stepping down as Juventus manager at the end of last season.

He is now looking to return to management and concedes he would be most excited to receive a job offer from England.

"If you want to have the most freedom to act, the best country seems to be England, where the coach can decide more on signings," Deschamps told L'Equipe.

"Spain is attractive too but Italy would be difficult as I am labelled 'Juventus'.

"It would also give me enormous pride to coach the France national team. It would be a beautiful way to come full circle after experiencing that level as a player and captain."

Chelsea

Deschamps was heavily linked with the Chelsea job following Jose Mourinho's departure and he admits he has been contacted by his former club in the past.

Deschamps has also revealed that he was approached by a couple of French clubs in the summer.

He said: "Chelsea and Valencia? I know some people at those two clubs, and there were approaches.

"There was contact with Lyon but the timing was not good after my departure from Juventus.

"I also met Lens chairman Gervais Martel."

I'd pack Allardyce's bags for him if we could get Deschamps but the fact he's been linked with Chelsea tells you everything you need to know. I highly doubt we'd get someone of his caliber in due to our history of hiring and firing.

To an outsider, someone who just manages and has no affiliation to the club, this job must look shit. It's a sure fire way to fuck up your career and the only people that would come are managers clinging to their reputation and looking for one last big pay off (Souness) and managers who know this job is above them but see it as a chance to do something notable (Roeder). The only other option is the sheet metal workers son from Newcastle.

I would hate to sack Sam as I hate that we have gone through so many managers. That said they have been mostly shite so needed to be sacked. I would like us to have a good look at the way that the club is organised and really look at what kind of manager we want and only sack sam if we can get that type in of a sufficient calibre with the support they need in every aspect so that they can succeed. Otherwise whats the point.

I would hate to sack Sam as I hate that we have gone through so many managers. That said they have been mostly shite so needed to be sacked. I would like us to have a good look at the way that the club is organised and really look at what kind of manager we want and only sack sam if we can get that type in of a sufficient calibre with the support they need in every aspect so that they can succeed. Otherwise whats the point.

I think it's going from bad to worse,look at the owner (tattoo across belly next) and then look at the bloke(inexperienced chairmanship) sitting next to SA,it's a fucking soap opera of the highest order,jinxed to the hilt and no signs of getting any better!Maybe the fans thought they finally got rid of the disease in Shepherd!but really,he will be laughing in his pint at you all,thinking that you really did force his hand,but really :lol: in the end..he got his own back! :huh:

I've only got half a bottle left :razz: