Prince Harry turns 21

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mancy - the US is meritocratic?  I'm in shock, I would think the UK is more that way but is certainly not enough so.

Too many points!

34273[/snapback]

More meritocratic. Because it has less class hang-ups!

In a nutshell.

Jesus wept tbh. :lol:

You won't find me disagreeing with the first bit. However I wasn't blaming the great grand children of imperialsts for that. I was saying that it would be marginally more crass that they should have a spearchucking party than say for a group of working class kids. Which, just to clarify, wouldn't be acceptable either.

I think you're deliberately misconstruing me here tbh.

34259[/snapback]

I'm really not mate. I just don't think we should expect more money to mean more sensitivity, plus you've taken up a point I was argiung with NJS.

And my problem there is I feel he's having a go, with vitriol, at the upper classes in general. Which I find offensive and ironic.

misconstruist!

34263[/snapback]

You've said that a second time now so you must be deliberately misconstruing me.

When have I ever mentioned money=same thing as class? I actually take 80-2's point that many of today's upper class are on the bones of their arses and have nothing like the wealth of many of the middle class.

I don't see it as a money thing at all. I see it as a privilige thing-and understanding why you are in that priviliged position in the first place.

34275[/snapback]

No, I just said it again because I thought you'd missed it first time around and I thought it was the simplest way to point out where I thought we were disagreeing.

Not sure how I feel about the difference between class/money. I don't particularly agree with 80 on it. People who lose the cash to keep up will be booted down the class system, surely?

Although having said that, attaining the money to no longer qualify as working class will never get me up the class system.

I wouldn't deliberately misconstrue a point by the way. That would make me a complete twat. I don't think I am, completely.

Mancy - the US is meritocratic?  I'm in shock, I would think the UK is more that way but is certainly not enough so.

Too many points!

34273[/snapback]

In a nutshell.

34289[/snapback]

Yeah I got that, I totally disagree though. I don't buy the 'American Dream', born poor always scum, there and in any other country I've ever lived in.

There seems to be general agreement with a large degree of disagreement over the minutiae of the argument. Which is just about par for the course on here :lol:

34257[/snapback]

I 97.9% agree with that statement, you complete jizz-bolt!

There seems to be general agreement with a large degree of disagreement over the minutiae of the argument. Which is just about par for the course on here :lol:

34257[/snapback]

34292[/snapback]

:nufc:

Too many points!

34273[/snapback]

In a nutshell.

Jesus wept tbh. :nufc:

34289[/snapback]

Yeah I got that, I totally disagree though. I don't buy the 'American Dream', born poor always scum, there and in any other country I've ever lived in.

34291[/snapback]

ricky_gervais_the_o_131612a.jpg

"Agree to disagree!"

Nice avatar by the way! :lol:

Too many points!

34273[/snapback]

In a nutshell.

34289[/snapback]

For every missing class hang up there's a "he's a fucking WASP/non-denominationalist/wetback/etc.".

Not sure how I feel about the difference between class/money.  I don't particularly agree with 80 on it.  People who lose the cash to keep up will be booted down the class system, surely?

Although having said that, attaining the money to no longer qualify as working class will never get me up the class system.

34290[/snapback]

Case in point - The Fucking Fulfords. Posh as they come but poor. Theres more to being upper class than money. With that in mind, its probably easier for the working classes to become properly assumed members of that club than it is richer middle classes.

Thats too simplistic. I'm not someone who says "you're born into a class and then die in it" but simple class=money doesn't work for me.

I still call myself working class despite earning what a lot of people in the north east especially would call a good living. I see it being at a more ingrained level than that. As it happens I don't have any kids but I could see that if I did and they were brought up in the "affluent" south, over a couple of generations that ingrained sense of "loyalty" to the north east and my origins would be diluted.

My problem with inherited wealth and privilege is mainly that its self-perpetuating - as I said there can be mobility as wealth grows and fades but overall there are too many people who have "no worries" who own too much of this country - certainly far too much for it ever to be fully qualified as a democracy or a meritocracy.

34257[/snapback]

34292[/snapback]

I agree with Alex. Strangely, I miss Ross Gurko.

Aaprilla's foreskin is nowhere near as entertaining..... :nufc:

BTW, who was dot.bom in a previous life? Or 80-2 for that matter? :nufc:

Edited by Renton

34257[/snapback]

34292[/snapback]

Aprilla's soreskin is nowhere near as entertaining..... :nufc:

BTW, who was dot.bom in a previous life?

34299[/snapback]

We're two of the worst culprits tbh :nufc:

34257[/snapback]

34292[/snapback]

34299[/snapback]

Blaydon tbh

34257[/snapback]

34292[/snapback]

34299[/snapback]

Blaydon tbh

34302[/snapback]

Viana is not a defensive midfielder tbh.

34257[/snapback]

34292[/snapback]

34299[/snapback]

Blaydon tbh

34302[/snapback]

34303[/snapback]

Those were the days! Proper argument polarity shit. None of this agreeing in substance but nit-picking about the minutiae bollocks!

Old skool! :nufc:

Bring back Li3nZ tbh.

34257[/snapback]

34292[/snapback]

Aaprilla's foreskin is nowhere near as entertaining..... :blink:

34299[/snapback]

Blaydon tbh

34302[/snapback]

34303[/snapback]

Those were the days! Proper argument polarity shit. None of this agreeing in substance but nit-picking about the minutiae bollocks!

Old skool! :nufc:

Bring back Li3nZ tbh.

34305[/snapback]

I miss Blaydon and his alter egos. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet after he got into e/rave (which in true Australian style was about 10-15 years after the rest of world). :nufc:

Virgins are always welcome.

And tbh all this tbh is getting annoying tbqf, imho

34306[/snapback]

I think thats why some of us have picked up on it tbh. It was being used in a way that was devoid of any meaning and I think we were just highlighting that wltm gsoh.

Thats too simplistic. I'm not someone who says "you're born into a class and then die in it" but simple class=money doesn't work for me.

I still call myself working class despite earning what a lot of people in the north east especially would call a good living. I see it being at a more ingrained level than that. As it happens I don't have any kids but I could see that if I did and they were brought up in the "affluent" south, over a couple of generations that ingrained sense of "loyalty" to the north east and my origins would be diluted.

My problem with inherited wealth and privilege is mainly that its self-perpetuating - as I said there can be mobility as wealth grows and fades but overall there are too many people who have "no worries" who own too much of this country - certainly far too much for it ever to be fully qualified as a democracy or a meritocracy.

34298[/snapback]

You're quite right, plenty of upper, middle and lower class people accept you for who you are. I'll never truly be upper class because in spite of my achievements they'll never quite accept me at the pony club. That was really my original point. Let's not fuck people off just because they're in any class. Have a drink with them and then decide they're a wanker.

34306[/snapback]

Yeah, all that woosh bollocks is annoying anarl.

btw :lol:

34306[/snapback]

34311[/snapback]

Alex's ultimate comeback, whenever he's been proven wrong tbh

34306[/snapback]

34311[/snapback]

Don't get Gemmill started on that!

jon_heder_napoleon_dynamite_interview_top.jpg

34306[/snapback]

btw :nufc:

34311[/snapback]

Alex's ultimate comeback, whenever he's been proven wrong tbh

34312[/snapback]

I hardly ever use whoosh, then again I'm hardly ever wrong. A bit like your boring, contrary, miserable as fuck self imho tbh :lol: