post the manager you want Ashley to approach

RlCO

The old board did do a lot of good for the club but they looked like they had run out of ideas and were starting to make a lot of mistakes. They did gamble with a lot of money to get us to the next level and for a while it worked but at the moment we find ourselves in a situation where clubs who have gambled a lot less are getting ahead of us. We now need some consistancy if we want any hope of getting back to where we were.

Ashley and Mort have come in, the debts have been cleared and now its down to Allardyce to sort out the team. He has had a hell of a lot to do with a squad to basically rebuild and the takeover in the summer couldn't have helped in many aspects. He is trying to impliment his own ideas and is still trying to sort out the backroom staff. He has made mistakes and some very questionable decisions but is still only 13 games into his reign as Newcastle manager. We have a long way still to go, I never for one minute thought we would instantly change under Allardyce (say like City have under Sven) because Sam is someone who works on the future aswell as the present.

He has shown at Bolton he can build a decent squad and get players performing at a level overs have failed to get, some even overperforming. We have had some shocking performances this season and the Allardyce resiliance has so far failed to show through in the team but I don't go along with the idea that he isn't capable of taking over a "big club" as at the moment we really aren't unfortunately. If he can get us a top 10 finish this season and build the grounds to improve on that next season he has done a decent job. Although his signings are getting stick from some quarters I think the squad is a lot more healthy than it has been since Souness started pulling it apart so for me at least we have already improved as a club even if the performances aren't showing it yet.

It hasn't been perfect, far from it, the football hasn't been pretty and he isn't doing much to win over many fans but I still feel more confident the club is starting to go in the right direction again than I have for a long time and I think sacking him is only going to knock as back again (especially as I am not as confident as most that we are going to get this wonderful manager rushing to take over).

We all need to calm down and give the manager time, we also need to stop thinking "we have a billionaire in charge so x,y and z should be happening" because its only increasing expectations and causing overreactions.

Hear fucking hear

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you appear to think that everybody makes good decisions except Newcastle, what do you think of the owners of Birmingham, among the richest people in the country, running their club like a business so even the likes of Steve Bruce thinks Wigan is a step up ?

This owuld be the same Steve Bruce who turned us down a few seasons ago to stay at the same Birmingham that royally turned us over at home last year would it? I guess his excuse then was "I dont want to make such a giant step up"

Steve Bruce was not offered the chance to take over NUFC.

And if he had been, it proves that a lot of the pubescent knee jerk reactions predominant on here and other sites that all claimed such shite as "nobody else would be as stupid as us to appoint him", is actually nothing other than exactly what I have said.

ie Pubescent knee jerk reactionary shite.

As for the one off game against Birmingham, such comparisons are bollocks. Why don;t you go on the Barcelona message board and look for somebody complaining that they were beaten in 1997 by some shitty little team in England who had a board of directors who called their fans wankers etc etc and such a defeat proved conclusively that they had the worst directors it is possible for a football team to have, so much so that they didn't give a toss who replaced them as everybody else everywhere had proved or would prove they would be better.

Bollocks ??

Of course it is . I'm only pleased it hasn't been me thats spouted so much shite.

You could also go to the Hereford site [ and dozens more in fact] who beat us in one off cup games, when we had a shite board for 30 years, and claim that as a result of that single game it proved that they were a better club with a better structure etc in every department.

Which is absolute bollocks, and whats more you know that it is.

BTW, this is the depths you can sink to when you have a shite board. Vastly different to playing in the San Siro in the Champions League. But I'm sure somebody somewhere will try to disagree with that.

Edited by westendlad

The old board did do a lot of good for the club but they looked like they had run out of ideas and were starting to make a lot of mistakes. They did gamble with a lot of money to get us to the next level and for a while it worked but at the moment we find ourselves in a situation where clubs who have gambled a lot less are getting ahead of us. We now need some consistancy if we want any hope of getting back to where we were.

Ashley and Mort have come in, the debts have been cleared and now its down to Allardyce to sort out the team. He has had a hell of a lot to do with a squad to basically rebuild and the takeover in the summer couldn't have helped in many aspects. He is trying to impliment his own ideas and is still trying to sort out the backroom staff. He has made mistakes and some very questionable decisions but is still only 13 games into his reign as Newcastle manager. We have a long way still to go, I never for one minute thought we would instantly change under Allardyce (say like City have under Sven) because Sam is someone who works on the future aswell as the present.

He has shown at Bolton he can build a decent squad and get players performing at a level overs have failed to get, some even overperforming. We have had some shocking performances this season and the Allardyce resiliance has so far failed to show through in the team but I don't go along with the idea that he isn't capable of taking over a "big club" as at the moment we really aren't unfortunately. If he can get us a top 10 finish this season and build the grounds to improve on that next season he has done a decent job. Although his signings are getting stick from some quarters I think the squad is a lot more healthy than it has been since Souness started pulling it apart so for me at least we have already improved as a club even if the performances aren't showing it yet.

It hasn't been perfect, far from it, the football hasn't been pretty and he isn't doing much to win over many fans but I still feel more confident the club is starting to go in the right direction again than I have for a long time and I think sacking him is only going to knock as back again (especially as I am not as confident as most that we are going to get this wonderful manager rushing to take over).

We all need to calm down and give the manager time, we also need to stop thinking "we have a billionaire in charge so x,y and z should be happening" because its only increasing expectations and causing overreactions.

check.png

I agree with most of this. But the absolute proof will be determined by how well the team does on the pitch, not how much money they spend down the quayside in their PR drive.

Great post. I share the same sentiments.

However if the club continues to slide, the players continue to look clueless, the tactics continue to be mish-mash, Sam doesn't bring anyone in in January other than DM's, and we finish lower than 9th or 10th then I would like to see these managers approached in the following order;

Guus Hiddink

Arsene Wenger

Phil Scolari

Rafa Benitez

Gerard Houllier

Jose Mourinho

Mark Hughes

Alan Shearer (but he will need a kickarse assistant to work with him).

There's probably next to nought chance on the first three, while Houllier has a cushy job with the FFF he probably won't want to relinquish, Mark Hughes is loving life with Blackburn and just signed a new contract, and Jose Mourinho will not be managing in England again until after he has a go in Italy or Spain and I'd only have Shearer rather than the other suggestions on this thread which is why I put his name on my list.(McLeish or any Italian coach [other than Lippi] et al.)

Edited by Ken

What's Fabio Capello up to?

Writing his CV for the Engerlund job.

Ok, what's he doing for the next 18 months until Ingerlund have to play a competitive match again?

World Cup qualifiers start in the autumn.

What's Fabio Capello up to?

Writing his CV for the Engerlund job.

Ok, what's he doing for the next 18 months until Ingerlund have to play a competitive match again?

18 months?

that's surely long enough to be scouted, hired anf fired from the Newcastle job... although quite what he'll do with his time once those 13 games are up is anyones guess? ;)

I dont see how people rate Houllier or would want him here? In recent times he signed some proper dodgy players for Liverpool and never did all that much in the champs league and he inherited an already glorious Lyon team.

Has a dodgy ticker also, if he signed for us, chances are it wouldn't last long.

I dont see how people rate Houllier or would want him here? In recent times he signed some proper dodgy players for Liverpool and never did all that much in the champs league and he inherited an already glorious Lyon team.

Has a dodgy ticker also, if he signed for us, chances are it wouldn't last long.

I don't think we'd have to worry about his record in the champions league for at least another 6 or 7 years.