'Celtic Cup' set to start in 2009

khay

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought this would have provoked so much debate, eh?

aye, better not let my Scottish wife see it

;)

:D You've been a miss on here like, I have to admit.

aahhhhh, Alex. ;)

I'm just saying that the vast majority of English football fans will see the name "celtic cup" and associate it with bigotry and sectarianism.

Tbh I don't think the majority of english football fans are as ignorant and unknowledgeable as you and will see the name for what it is.

I can't see the problem with that, and I think the only people who wouldn't see it are those who have an allegiance to it in some form or other. As you say, these are the "Celts" themselves. But thats predictable. They also don't actually think they are, or admit to being, bigoted in the first place.

;) You really are a thick cunt aren't you? Despite the fact that everyone else is telling you that being celtic has absolutely nothing to do with religion you still bang on about sectarianism. Why don't you give it up? Instead of reminding everyone of what an old, stubborn, narrow-minded fool you are.

Wholeheartedly agree that 'fucking moron' is completely the correct description of someone who thinks the Celtic Cup is about religion. Granted many will associate the name, but that is their problem for being ignorant cunts, exactly the kind of idiots that keep bigotry alive.

Wholeheartedly agree that 'fucking moron' is completely the correct description of someone who thinks the Celtic Cup is about religion. Granted many will associate the name, but that is their problem for being ignorant cunts, exactly the kind of idiots that keep bigotry alive.

Smashing.

I'm very pleased for you.

I also think that as you post on talk of the tyne ie rivals, and you stilll can't take a joke, then you are a fuckin moron.

But, as I said, i don't give a flying fuck if you agee with me or not

I'm just saying that the vast majority of English football fans will see the name "celtic cup" and associate it with bigotry and sectarianism.

Tbh I don't think the majority of english football fans are as ignorant and unknowledgeable as you and will see the name for what it is.

I can't see the problem with that, and I think the only people who wouldn't see it are those who have an allegiance to it in some form or other. As you say, these are the "Celts" themselves. But thats predictable. They also don't actually think they are, or admit to being, bigoted in the first place.

;) You really are a thick cunt aren't you? Despite the fact that everyone else is telling you that being celtic has absolutely nothing to do with religion you still bang on about sectarianism. Why don't you give it up? Instead of reminding everyone of what an old, stubborn, narrow-minded fool you are.

I don't agree

I also think you, and others like you, are thick cunts tbh.

Smashing.

I also think that as you post on talk of the tyne ie rivals, and you stilll can't take a joke, then you are a fuckin moron.

Like I said, ignorant cunts like you.

Smashing.

yawn

go back to rivals.

Smashing.

yawn

go back to rivals.

I knew it was beyond you.

having spent over a decade bringing in quality players, and already getting 52000 crowds, playing in europe blah blah ..... are you kidding ?

Doesn't that make every single player that Liverpool, Chelsea and ManU sign "trophy players " ?

No because they're either improving on what they've got or fattening out their squad with youth.

Damien Duff was a good player mate, but is light years away from being an Alan Shearer, Les Ferdinand, David Ginola, Johnathon Woodgate, Michael Owen - and there were many players on our books who cost more money than him too.
It's not the price, it's the unnecessary nature of the purchase.

I simply can't buy this, there is no way a quality player - bought into replace other quality players already at the club who had left or were about to leave, is what you say here. Also - Martins signed for twice the price !!!
Martins was bought to fatten out a very thin strike force (bear in mind it was Owen, Ameobi and... well that's about it.) so Oba was hardly in the same boat as Damien. Damien Duff was a trophy signing bought to silence the baying crowds.

He was a Chelsea squad player mate, and wouldn't even have got into the team that Keegan left behind.

Are you seriously saying that NUFC have not showed anything other than serious ambition ?

Yep, I'm saying that the Duff purchase was not ambition is was stupidity and rash judgment .

We didn't, don't and shan't need his service. He's stifling a young talent chewing up some wage budget and hardly demanding a first team place in doing so.

You might say buying great players is what successful teams do, which is fine and fair enough, but what good is Newcastle signing a decent left winger, when they've already got one?

p.s. you're flip-flopping again. at once you're saying Duff is an average player, then you're asking whether NUFC has shown ambition or not. My ambition is to sign players that strike fear into the opposition not ones who sit upon their bench.

Aye, we're the thick cunts for knowing what the world celtic means. :birthday:

No, you're a thick cunt for not understanding that bigots will attend these games and spout their bile.

No, you're a thick cunt for not understanding that bigots will attend these games and spout their bile.

Tbh bigotry isn't a major problem in international football for the four countries concerned, even the ROI v NI match isn't as much of a potentially explosive fixture as it once was. If you think that by naming the competition the Celtic Cup is going to suddenly turn everyone into hatred filled bigots then you're the deluded one.

having spent over a decade bringing in quality players, and already getting 52000 crowds, playing in europe blah blah ..... are you kidding ?

Doesn't that make every single player that Liverpool, Chelsea and ManU sign "trophy players " ?

No because they're either improving on what they've got or fattening out their squad with youth.

Damien Duff was a good player mate, but is light years away from being an Alan Shearer, Les Ferdinand, David Ginola, Johnathon Woodgate, Michael Owen - and there were many players on our books who cost more money than him too.
It's not the price, it's the unnecessary nature of the purchase.

I simply can't buy this, there is no way a quality player - bought into replace other quality players already at the club who had left or were about to leave, is what you say here. Also - Martins signed for twice the price !!!
Martins was bought to fatten out a very thin strike force (bear in mind it was Owen, Ameobi and... well that's about it.) so Oba was hardly in the same boat as Damien. Damien Duff was a trophy signing bought to silence the baying crowds.

He was a Chelsea squad player mate, and wouldn't even have got into the team that Keegan left behind.

Are you seriously saying that NUFC have not showed anything other than serious ambition ?

Yep, I'm saying that the Duff purchase was not ambition is was stupidity and rash judgment .

We didn't, don't and shan't need his service. He's stifling a young talent chewing up some wage budget and hardly demanding a first team place in doing so.

You might say buying great players is what successful teams do, which is fine and fair enough, but what good is Newcastle signing a decent left winger, when they've already got one?

p.s. you're flip-flopping again. at once you're saying Duff is an average player, then you're asking whether NUFC has shown ambition or not. My ambition is to sign players that strike fear into the opposition not ones who sit upon their bench.

We aren't going to agree. I can't see how buying a player to strengthen the SQUAD is a "trophy" player, that will silence the baying crowds ? Since when did Damien Duff do that ? What will you say if he comes back from his injury and fills what has now become a position in the team that badly needs improvement ?

He's just as much a player brought in to strengthen the squad as Faye, Cacapa and Rozenhal were. Which of these 3 players would you consider to be "trophy" players stunting the development of Taylor ? It's the same criteria mate.

When I mentioned Keegan and Withe earlier, I did that because - so far as I can think of just now - these are the 2 biggest examples of player that NUFC have brought in to fool supporters into thinking they are supporting a progressive club, and sadly, some people actually thought that at the time.

Tbh bigotry isn't a major problem in international football for the four countries concerned, even the ROI v NI match isn't as much of a potentially explosive fixture as it once was. If you think that by naming the competition the Celtic Cup is going to suddenly turn everyone into hatred filled bigots then you're the deluded one.

no, you're wrong. I'm not saying it will turn them into anything. I'm saying many of them already are.

no, you're wrong. I'm not saying it will turn them into anything. I'm saying many of them already are.

This is of course in your vast experience of attending Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Northern Irish internationals is it? Or are you just still spouting complete bollocks?

Edited by ewerk

This is of course in your vast experience of attending Welsh, Scottish, Irish and Northern Irish internationals is it? Or are you just still spouting complete bollocks?

Indeed it is ie games against England. Include numerous club games involving NUFC dating back to the Rangers riot in 1969, and club games when I worked up in Scotland.

Also have a Scottish wife and an Irish father in law, who despises the bigotry completely, just as much as me. Whats your experience then ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Indeed it is ie games against England. Include numerous club games involving NUFC dating back to the Rangers riot in 1969, and club games when I worked up in Scotland.

Also have a Scottish wife and an Irish father in law, who despises the bigotry completely, just as much as me. Whats your experience then ?

Well my experience of Irish and Northern Irish internationals is perhaps more recent than yours and I can tell you that both sides are making an effort to eradicate bigotry and sectarianism which is succeeding to a point where the minority singing sectarian songs are shouted down by the majority, the bigotry has taken has certainly faded out over the last five years.

Well my experience of Irish and Northern Irish internationals is perhaps more recent than yours and I can tell you that both sides are making an effort to eradicate bigotry and sectarianism which is succeeding to a point where the minority singing sectarian songs are shouted down by the majority, the bigotry has taken has certainly faded out over the last five years.

good

The cross border cup here in Ireland has shown that bigotry is fast fading in football. Linfield played Derry City and there was

more trouble when Bohemians went to Derry than when Linfield did. Get a grip ffs, its called the Celtic Cup for two reasons.

1. The Republic of Ireland is in it. A 'British Isles' Cup or a 'Home Nations' Cup would rile some people here (Thats not bigotry, thats just thick irishness:D)

2. It involves Ireland, Wales and Scotland, always knows as Celtic nations. And I suppose Northern Ireland have to be included :birthday:

Edited by IrishMag

We aren't going to agree. I can't see how buying a player to strengthen the SQUAD is a "trophy" player, that will silence the baying crowds ? Since when did Damien Duff do that ? What will you say if he comes back from his injury and fills what has now become a position in the team that badly needs improvement ?

He's just as much a player brought in to strengthen the squad as Faye, Cacapa and Rozenhal were. Which of these 3 players would you consider to be "trophy" players stunting the development of Taylor ? It's the same criteria mate.

When I mentioned Keegan and Withe earlier, I did that because - so far as I can think of just now - these are the 2 biggest examples of player that NUFC have brought in to fool supporters into thinking they are supporting a progressive club, and sadly, some people actually thought that at the time.

See I still maintain we didn't need strengthening that position at all. I still think with Zog and Milner we've sufficient cover on the wing.. especially as we're not really playing with wingers.

but you're right, we're not going to agree.

See I still maintain we didn't need strengthening that position at all. I still think with Zog and Milner we've sufficient cover on the wing.. especially as we're not really playing with wingers.

but you're right, we're not going to agree.

but I have to pick you up on the fact that, using this criteria, we didn't need all of Cacapa, Faye and Rozenhal, when we have Taylor, and Edgar. It's exactly the same thing ?

For my money, Duff [the player he was ] is far better than Milner, even playing on the right.

Howay man B)