Thursday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT GOSSIP

Ex-Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will demand £4m a year to become the new England manager. (The Star)

Graeme Souness has made it clear he would welcome the Scotland or Republic of Ireland jobs but insists he has not been offered either. (various) ;)

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood has put himself in the frame to be the new Scotland boss. Also on the list for the job are Billy Davies, Jim Jeffries, Souness, Craig Levein and Mark McGhee. (Daily Record)

TRANSFERS AND GOSSIP

Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka has told Chelsea boss Avram Grant he wants to move to Stamford Bridge and could complete a £10m move in January. (The Sun)

And Chelsea have offered Saudi Arabia captain Yasser Al Qahtani the chance to train with them with a view to a transfer. (various)

Manchester City are set to bid £3.5m for Lokomotiv Moscow midfielder Marat Izmailov. (various)

Middlesbrough's Dong-Gook Lee will leave in January. (The Sun)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce believes he has only two games to turn the struggling club around, otherwise he will be sacked. (The Sun)

But Allardyce is hoping to persuade Newcastle chairman Chris Mort to release funds for new players in the January transfer window. (The Mirror)

Manchester United are closing in on £20m-rated Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso. (The Sun)

Crystal Palace want to sign Barnsley defender Rob Kuzluk. (Daily Star)

Leicester boss Ian Holloway will make Israel midfielder Tamir Cohen his first signing for the Foxes. (The Mirror)

Juventus are leading the race for Aston Villa defender Olof Mellberg, ahead of AC Milan and Roma. (The Sun)

QPR are poised to sign Italy defender Francesco Coco, who is a free agent after leaving Inter Milan. (The Sun)

Bolton's Greece midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos has threatened to quit the club if he does not get regular first-team football. (various)

Fulham, Wigan and Bolton are in competition to sign Barnsley's German goalkeeper Heinz Muller. (The Sun)

West Brom striker John Hartson is wanted by Sheffield Wednesday in a loan deal from January. (various)

Sheffield United misfit Billy Sharp has been told by boss Bryan Robson that he has a future at the club. (The Sun)

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos is unlikely to buy players during the transfer window after he claimed only desperate teams do that. (various)

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has suggested that the Gunners might be tempted to sell him if Real Madrid came in with a £100m offer. (The Independent)

Brighton are giving trials to ex-Crystal Palace players Michael Kamara and Sam Malsom. (Daily Star)

Everton manager David Moyes has taken Swindon defender Ben Tozer on a four-day trial. (The Times)

Blackburn are confident they can hold on to defender Andre Ooijer despite Feyenoord's interest. (The Times)

Wigan manager Steve Bruce has revealed that recruiting a left-back is his number one priority. (various)

Joe Kinnear is lining up a possible takeover of crisis club Luton, who have been placed into administration. (various)

AND FINALLY

Tennis legend Bjorn Borg says he is a Charlton fan, and claims he has been to see them play a few times and owns a few of their shirts. (The Sun)

AC Milan's Brazilian superstar Kaka has revealed he wants to become an evangelical minister once he hangs up his boots. (various)

Blackburn midfielder Robbie Savage is disappointed that team-mate David Bentley is "getting more boos than me at away grounds". Savage says he wants to be "the pantomime villain again".

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has suggested that the Gunners might be tempted to sell him if Real Madrid came in with a £100m offer. (The Independent)

Fuck off he isn't even worth half of that

Hes just kanu no2. They would be lucky to get £10mil for him!

That is actually something that pisses me off quite a bit, as he's nothing like Kanu, apart from being a tall lanky African.

Hes just kanu no2. They would be lucky to get £10mil for him!

Better than Kanu imo. As well as being a completely different type of forward.

Edited by alex

TRANSFERS AND GOSSIP

QPR are poised to sign Italy defender Francesco Coco, who is a free agent after leaving Inter Milan. (The Sun)

Even for QPR that'd be a bad signing, he's a terrible player.

Once had a trial at SJP a couple of years back I think.

TRANSFERS AND GOSSIP

Didn't he play against Yeading? I mean the friendly we arranged with them rather than the cup match. I think he played in a friendly anyway. Always injured.

Guest Patrokles
TRANSFERS AND GOSSIP

Didn't he play against Yeading? I mean the friendly we arranged with them rather than the cup match. I think he played in a friendly anyway. Always injured.

Yes. Under Souness. He was never seen after that game.