Toys & Games of yesteryear

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an awesome electronic footy game, but I seriously can't remember what it was called. ;)

I'm guessing......

tomy-super-cup-football.jpg

I had one..... and it was fucking awesome ;)

There was an awesome electronic footy game, but I seriously can't remember what it was called. ;)

I'm guessing......

tomy-super-cup-football.jpg

I had one..... and it was fucking awesome :D

That's the beauty! ;)

Speaking of which, this could be a decent little stocking-filler for the nostalgia-obsessed person in your life who just won't grow up (i.e. yourself, if you're anything like me ;)):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TV-Creams-Toys-Pre...3879&sr=8-1

Excellent! ooohh the cover reminded me of Etch A Sketch, used to love that!

Oh man, Super Cup Football. Someone brought that in on our last day of first school. Can't remember if it was actually any cop, but it was electronic and it was a football game, so what more do you need really? Beats sitting in front of a VIC-20 playing text-only Football Manager, anyway...

Shamelessly stolen from SMB.

I'll kick it off. Gave you blisters like a bastard but was class.

crossfiremj9.jpg

crossfiremj9.60c23cf447.jpg

That game was evil.. My brother ended up getting bored with it, snapped the gun off and started firing the ball bearings at me.....

Bastard ;)

Subutteo cricket. Better than the football version imo.

Aye that was mint like, I remember having the proper old school version that was passed down in our family or something! ;)

Back to the present for a sec, can you buy a 'local' Monopoly for Newcastle area? I've got a Devon version, its even got Plainmoor on it!!

They definitely made a Newcastle & Gateshead edition at some point, whether you can still get it is another matter...

Which reminds me, back when my dad was with Northern Electric and all the utilities were starting to go private, some genius produced a board game called "Buyout" in which you went around trading with other players for shares in the likes of Norweb and British gas and what-have-you. It was a fucking thrill a minute.

Back to the present for a sec, can you buy a 'local' Monopoly for Newcastle area? I've got a Devon version, its even got Plainmoor on it!!

They definitely made a Newcastle & Gateshead edition at some point, whether you can still get it is another matter...

Which reminds me, back when my dad was with Northern Electric and all the utilities were starting to go private, some genius produced a board game called "Buyout" in which you went around trading with other players for shares in the likes of Norweb and British gas and what-have-you. It was a fucking thrill a minute.

;)

I'd like to see the Newcastle monopoly edition. Great game is Monopoly, though I always get beat.

I used to love playing Monopoly and Cluedo. Proper games.

We still used to play Monopoly a canny bit when we were "zany" students, was mint.

It's good though, that's why it's stood the test of time. I bet you used to fight over who got to be the car. No one ever wanted to be the iron ;)

;) Yep. Now games have gone 'interactive' with DVDs. but doesn't seem the same to me as sitting at a table with a proper board game and a pile of sweets!

We still used to play Monopoly a canny bit when we were "zany" students, was mint.

It's good though, that's why it's stood the test of time. I bet you used to fight over who got to be the car. No one ever wanted to be the iron ;)

Very true, I always got that bloody iron ;)

:D

We'd always make on of the lasses be the iron. ;):D

It's good though, that's why it's stood the test of time. I bet you used to fight over who got to be the car. No one ever wanted to be the iron :D

:D

We'd always make on of the lasses be the iron. ;):rolleyes:

As I said.... :rolleyes:;)