Duff in tears over injury

Scottish Mag

Newcastle winger Damien Duff has revealed his injury torment left him in tears.

The former Blackburn and Chelsea star has undergone two foot operations after suffering a dislocation in the middle of his foot in April.

Duff is back in light training after recovering from the problem and the Republic of Ireland international has admitted he was shocked by the extent of his injury

Describing his injury, Duff told the club's official website: "It was devastating.

"You should have seen me when I first found out in the surgeon's office, I broke down in tears.

"It was a dislocation in the middle of my foot and the surgeon said he had never seen it on a footballer before and that was a shock."

Duff is delighted to be back in training, but he is refusing to set a target for his return to first team action.

"It's great to be back training with the lads and I've started my second week," added Duff.

"You take things for granted and being out for so long has made me appreciate things an awful lot more.

"It's too soon to pinpoint a game. It was a horrendous injury. I was the only footballer to ever get it.

"It's a case of taking things one day at a time because I've had my foot up all summer.

"We'll be looking at a couple of reserve games first but hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back."

"I was the only footballer to ever get it." Christ. Only at NUFC ;)

;) What price Milner to pitch up with a case of the ebola virus next week?

He needs to get rid of that bout of leprosy he's suffering from first.

He needs to get rid of that bout of leprosy he's suffering from first.

Ouch :D

I keep forgetting Duff is in our squad...

I saw him at Haddrick's Mill roundabout about 3 months ago and it was only then I remembered he was a Toon player.

Is this before or after Cacapa recovers from the bubonic plague layoff he's been suffering from?