BRFC -v- NUFC

Happy Face

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disappointed by the result but slightly consoled by the performance. 2 top drawer goals and one when we were overstretched looking for the equaliser. Much prefer that to the insipid displays we've seen in the past few weeks.

Indicative of our luck that we put in a stellar performance yet still failed to get anything from the game. Hopefully we'll go into Wednesday with a bit more about us and the fans will use their voices to put the shits up Arsenal rather than our own players. I'm not expecting a result but a decent performance would keep me happy.

Stellar performance? Bad luck? Disappointing result?

Bullshit!

How little we are willing to accept. We didn't out play rovers, tbh first half both teams did nothing of note and second half well we were well beaten in the end even if it was end to end.

For the first time in ages we actually saw the team put in a little effort and fight (ho-fucking-ray) but seriously we won't win a thing with the current players and the worth of a decent midfielder was rammed down our neck when comparing Bentley to any of the plodders in a toon jersey.

Blackburn missed a few excellent chances. It's not like we murdered them and caught on the break 3 times. The daft thing is though the gung-ho approach to this game would have been better employed away from home against lesser teams earlier in the season.

Bullshit!

How little we are willing to accept. We didn't out play rovers, tbh first half both teams did nothing of note and second half well we were well beaten in the end even if it was end to end.

For the first time in ages we actually saw the team put in a little effort and fight (ho-fucking-ray) but seriously we won't win a thing with the current players and the worth of a decent midfielder was rammed down our neck when comparing Bentley to any of the plodders in a toon jersey.

Howay man. Carrot and stick. You're going to beat the players up after the commitment they put in yesterday?

Win things? Are you in cloud cuckoo land? what happened to a few years of consolidation? We never "won things" with Keegan or Robson either, and they'd built some canny nifty teams over more than 15 games.

Bullshit!

Howay man. Carrot and stick. You're going to beat the players up after the commitment they put in yesterday?

Win things? Are you in cloud cuckoo land? what happened to a few years of consolidation? We never "won things" with Keegan or Robson either, and they'd built some canny nifty teams over more than 15 games.

No I'm not in cuckoo land. And I think you're over simplified what I meant. Win things as in be competitive against our opposition. By the way but wasn't one of Sam's aims/targets to challenge for the League and/or FA Cup???

To be honest HF, I just can't believe we've lowered our expectations so much that we applaud a performance because they played with a bit of effort and commitment, the very same effort and commitment they should giving to the club regardless.

Are you disputing that this isn't the case?

Bullshit!

No I'm not in cuckoo land. And I think you're over simplified what I meant. Win things as in be competitive against our opposition. By the way but wasn't one of Sam's aims/targets to challenge for the League and/or FA Cup???

To be honest HF, I just can't believe we've lowered our expectations so much that we applaud a performance because they played with a bit of effort and commitment, the very same effort and commitment they should giving to the club regardless.

I'll always applaud effort and commitment. If players continue to put in that kind of effort individually, the cohesion will come with time.

Sounds like basically you've decided Allardyce has to go and nothing he gets out of the squad will convince you otherwise? If we're only happy ragging on the poor performances and can't find it in us to acknowledge any improvement we don't really have the best interests of the club at heart and are writing the tabloids shite for them.

Sounds like basically you've decided Allardyce has to go and nothing he gets out of the squad will convince you otherwise? If we're only happy ragging on the poor performances and can't find it in us to acknowledge any improvement we don't really have the best interests of the club at heart and are writing the tabloids shite for them.

Hey, don't get me wrong HF I'm all for acknowledging good performances but I must of been watching a different game because huff and puff doesn't constitute a good performance, it should be a given from any team of professional footballers, let alone those good enough to play in the top flight.

It's not as if you're going to rate a Coen brothers film if the plot, cinematography, editing and script are bad?

Or are you, just because it's a Coen brothers film and it wouldn't matter what they do, in your eyes they're still cinema gods?

Can you honestly point to a specific of Allardyce's tenure and go, "yeah I can see why he's doing that?"

Even Roeder and Souness were able to get the team to huff and puff!

Bullshit!

I'll always applaud effort and commitment. If players continue to put in that kind of effort individually, the cohesion will come with time.

I'd rather have a talented waster than a grafter anyday. I hate the 'commitment' shite some pedal. Thats why we are stuck with shite like James Milner etc

Hey, don't get me wrong HF I'm all for acknowledging good performances but I must of been watching a different game because huff and puff doesn't constitute a good performance, it should be a given from any team of professional footballers, let alone those good enough to play in the top flight.

It's not as if you're going to rate a Coen brothers film if the plot, cinematography, editing and script are bad?

Or are you, just because it's a Coen brothers film and it wouldn't matter what they do, in your eyes they're still cinema gods?

Can you honestly point to a specific of Allardyce's tenure and go, "yeah I can see why he's doing that?"

To go with your analogy, The Coens have made some shite films recently. Doesn't make them shite directors. I point to what I think their flaws were and continue to go and see any of their new films because I know they can direct...and it's paid dividends, their new film is their career best.

I've never rated Allardyce as a manager, he's more of a Ridley Scott. I'll never be a huge fan but I know he's capable because he's done some canny stuff, and when he's got the ingredients right he can pull off an Alien.

:D

Has he got anything right? I think most people were very happy with his wheeling and dealing pre-season. And they weren't too concerned with the poor performances up to the Reading game because we were getting results. We're still in a better position than we finished last year and will be after the Arsenal game. then we've got 4 very winnable games to lead us into christmas. That's progress imo.

To go with your analogy, The Coens have made some shite films recently. Doesn't make them shite directors. I point to what I think their flaws were and continue to go and see any of their new films because I know they can direct...and it's paid dividends, their new film is their career best.

I've never rated Allardyce as a manager, he's more of a Ridley Scott. I'll never be a huge fan but I know he's capable because he's done some canny stuff, and when he's got the ingredients right he can pull off an Alien Bladerunner.

:D

Has he got anything right? I think most people were very happy with his wheeling and dealing pre-season. And they weren't too concerned with the poor performances up to the Reading game because we were getting results. We're still in a better position than we finished last year and will be after the Arsenal game. then we've got 4 very winnable games to lead us into christmas. That's progress imo.

See that's how I see Allardyce. He had it and it appears now he's lost it or he's great at dark dark comedy but fuck don't let him direct an all action blockbuster. It happens.

I must admit I was underwhelmed but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by his transfers but honestly if he doesn't know how or where to play the players he purchased it doesn't bode well for the clubs future under his tenure.

I hope you're right about 4 winnable games but unfortunately I think you're wrong.