Big Sam - Dogleash

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Both have tried to change things too quickly.

Dogleash had a great team and just needed to make us a bit harder to beat.

XXXXL Sam has bought a whole new defence and introduced aliens.

FYP :birthday:

Dunno, I still think Sam deserves time. Maybe Dalglish would have got it right given time???

Can I ask why you believe he earns time? What do you think he can do with the team. I must say I am impressed with what he has done in the background but what kind of team will we be? Is he trying to make us into Bolton who over achieved to get to the uefa cup. Do we not want to be challenging higher than that. Or do you thinks we shouldn't be challenging that high?

Since when did more time become the universal cure for shite management ?

We finished 11th in '99-2000 and '00-'01. When would you have advocated sacking Robson?

Since when did more time become the universal cure for shite management ?[/paxman]

Should Christian Gross been given more time at Spurs ?

Should Howard Wilkinson been given more time at Sunderland ?

Should Paul LeGuen been given more time at Rangers ?

Should Alain Perin been given more time at Portsmouth ?

Would more time have seen those loons turn things around ?

Allardyce is bombing equally as badly as that sorry shower, football is a results business and not getting results gets you the bullet, harsh but a bitter reality.

We finished 11th in '99-2000 and '00-'01. When would you have advocated sacking Robson?

But that season was a great improvement in what had happened before. We started this season with a slight improvement but that did not last long.

In truth, I'm not too alarmed by our current league position, what does alarm me is the manner of which we are being beaten, and the root causes, all of which lay at the feet of our illustrious manager.

When we finished in disapointing league positions under Sir Bobby, we weren't suffering in the manner that we are under Allardyce.

But that season was a great improvement in what had happened before. We started this season with a slight improvement but that did not last long.

13th and a cup final in the two seasons before, so not a great improvement in league position. I'm not belittling Robson's achievements, what was changed was the direction the club was heading in, which is what I think Allardyce will do, given the necessary time. Chopping and changing every 6 months is a short-term fix but won't get us out of the mid-table mire.

Since when did you become chief fucking moaner? :birthday: Honestly, I thought you had more sense than to advocate getting shot of a manager 14 games into a campaign. If we were rock bottom and hadn't won a game, fine, but fucking hell the way you're going on you would think we were dead certs for the drop.

Changing a club from top to bottom takes time. I'm amazed you don't see that.

Edited by Gemmill

Since when did you become chief fucking moaner? :birthday: Honestly, I thought you had more sense than to advocate getting shot of a manager 14 games into a campaign. If we were rock bottom and hadn't won a game, fine, but fucking hell the way you're going on you would think we were dead certs for the drop.

Conceding ten goals in three games and I dread to think how many against Arsenal, is relegation form. I'm amazed you don't see that

Guest James_coDurham

Agreed, but it doesn't excuse consistently shite tactics and baffling team selections.

He's testing the water, finding his feet. The fact is we do need to defend better and he's experimenting. It's not an exact science. If he picked the predictable team and tactics what would be different between him and last season's regime? We can't attack nor defend, Roeder proved that last season. Sam is trying to address the latter first, evident by his signings, and whilst he hasn't got it right instantly, that doesn't mean he won't.

Conceding ten goals in three games and I dread to think how many against Arsenal, is relegation form. I'm amazed you don't see that

Ten?

Seven, isn't it?

And Blackburn have conceded 7 too, but people talk up Hughes like we should get him in.

Edited by Happy Face

Agreed, but it doesn't excuse consistently shite tactics and baffling team selections.

He's testing the water, finding his feet. The fact is we do need to defend better and he's experimenting. It's not an exact science. If he picked the predictable team and tactics what would be different between him and last season's regime? We can't attack nor defend, Roeder proved that last season. Sam is trying to address the latter first, evident by his signings, and whilst he hasn't got it right instantly, that doesn't mean he won't.

And how long do you suggest we should haemorrage goals before he thinks about changing it? Yes we've adopted a more defensive approach but it still hasn't stopped us conceding.

And how long do you suggest we should haemorrage goals before he thinks about changing it? Yes we've adopted a more defensive approach but it still hasn't stopped us conceding.

A glorious free kick, a fortunate rebound in off the post and a last minute attack while we were pushing for goals (having taken off a defender for a striker in a show of positivity people on here have been crying out for) was unfair on our defence yesterday...and had our finishing been better, they could have conceded just as many.

I'm not just on about yesterday, I'm on about the entire season. 24 league goals conceded so far speaks volumes.

Without a starting defender having been acquainted with another before the season started in any game.

I advocate patience.