How long has Souness got left?

Ketsbaia

The common 'word' in a lot of your posts is "hope"....

Sadly, that's all we can do. We can 'hope' that he is replaced, but I doubt he will be. As people have said, they think he should have gone at various points during last season, during the summer and during the start of this season....he wasn't, and what's to suggest that Fat Fred is suddenly gonna change his mind now??

I'd like him replaced now, but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he's still in charge for the last game of the season.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, that's all we can do. We can 'hope' that he is replaced, but I doubt he will be. As people have said, they think he should have gone at various points during last season, during the summer and during the start of this season....he wasn't, and what's to suggest that Fat Fred is suddenly gonna change his mind now??

I'd like him replaced now, but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he's still in charge for the last game of the season.

34601[/snapback]

I think the main hope is that ultimately Fat Fred will eventually panic and fire him (though it actually wouldn't be panic, it would be finally seeing the light!) or he'll do waht he always does, look to avoid all blame/do what seems popular and he'll sack the manager, though for this to happen the fans could help by ripping Souness to bits at matches!

I just don't see Fat Fred not sacking him eventually with things going the way they are. And i think one of my mates may be right when he said the only reason he isn't out already is due to the meida, the pundits and the like all saying hos stupid Fred is to keep sacking managers aroudn august time, so this time he's trying to wait a bit longer!

The whole thought of trying to find another manager is almost enough to make me want to bury my head in the sand. I just feel like it is going to be a nightmare. FF mentioned in some interview that he liked British managers, fuck knows why as since Keegan the only Jonny Foreigner is the only one that walked away not wanting a pay off, so that leaves the likes of Bruce. The managers already on the out with their current teams. Nope Souness should never have been appointed and yes he should have gone last season, but the man that made the descisions is the man that appoints our next manager. He gives them cash but I'd be on tenderhooks all the way through the re-staffing situation.

34601[/snapback]

Sure, you're right, but there's is little hope for us with Sourness, I have the mat out every night, and I HOPE and PRAY that the FF does the sensible thing and gets rid of Sourness, the only concern is , who will be next.

Well we're fucking stuck with him for fucking ages now, a 3-0 win is going to save his worthless arse for a good long while meanign long term we're fucked.

I really do hate this man who's got it to the stage where part of me can no longer enjoy a 3-0 away win as i know it puts my club in the shit overall, i should be ecstatic.

Theres also no way the three goals (all impressive) should hide from people the fact that we were watching another depressing, embrassing performance devoid of any tatcics and fluency that was heading to defeat until Given made a save, we scored and Blackburn just turned to shit basically.

Give the players credit for scoring 3 goals and all well crafted and well taken, but its bailing Souness out and leaving us stuck with him.

Papa Laz, a question. If being beaten by Blackburn today would have definitely been the end of Souness, would you have been happy with a defeat?

At this stage, I just figure a win is a win and I will enjoy it as such.

Papa Laz, a question. If being beaten by Blackburn today would have definitely been the end of Souness, would you have been happy with  a defeat?

34761[/snapback]

I'm a geunine split personality now without question.

The football fan in me when watchign us play always wants us to win a 50:50 challenge, want us to score when a chance pops up, wants us to clear when they attack. That will never change, it can't.

The intelligent part of me that thinks knows fine well the longer this prick stays the more we are fucked and that defeats quickly would see him out and us in with a chance of being turned round.

So it leaves me completely depressed whatever happens now even if during the moment we score i am happy.

Well we're fucking stuck with him for fucking ages now, a 3-0 win is going to save his worthless arse for a good long while meanign long term we're fucked.

I really do hate this man who's got it to the stage where part of me can no longer enjoy a 3-0 away win as i know it puts my club in the shit overall, i should be ecstatic.

Theres also no way the three goals (all impressive) should hide from people the fact that we were watching another depressing, embrassing performance devoid of any tatcics and fluency that was heading to defeat until Given made a save, we scored and Blackburn just turned to shit basically.

Give the players credit for scoring 3 goals and all well crafted and well taken, but its bailing Souness out and leaving us stuck with him.

34758[/snapback]

Agreed.

The shining light was Zoggy, who Bobby Robson bought. For me, this lad is one hell of a good player and I can't see how Luque is going to get many games

Edited by LeazesMag

Papa Laz, a question. If being beaten by Blackburn today would have definitely been the end of Souness, would you have been happy with  a defeat?

34761[/snapback]

The football fan in me when watchign us play always wants us to win a 50:50 challenge, want us to score when a chance pops up, wants us to clear when they attack. That will never change, it can't.

The intelligent part of me that thinks knows fine well the longer this prick stays the more we are fucked and that defeats quickly would see him out and us in with a chance of being turned round.

So it leaves me completely depressed whatever happens now even if during the moment we score i am happy.

34764[/snapback]

What happens if we get a full squad back, keep scoring goals and keep winning games? When do you stop bemoaning the fact that winning games is keeping him in the job and start enjoying the fact that he's turned things round?

Hypothetical at the moment, but it could happen.

34761[/snapback]

34764[/snapback]

What happens if we get a full squad back, keep scoring goals and keep winning games? When do you stop bemoaning the fact that winning games is keeping him in the job and start enjoying the fact that he's turned things round?

34768[/snapback]

It could happen in theory.

What i'd say then is it wouldeventually reach a point where we keep him till the end of the season then say right, time us up and out you go to be replaced by somebody better. And i'd look at his overall performance which lets not hide from it would be shite.

But yes, a point would come at which even i would admit keeping him for the season would be safer than a change, but tha point would require one hell of a winning run with genuine signs of fluent, creative, attacking and confident football being played.

Unless that happens i know (and hate feelign like this) that scraped points here and there are keeping this club down from what we could/should be.

What happens if we get a full squad back, keep scoring goals and keep winning games?  When do you stop bemoaning the fact that winning games is keeping him in the job and start enjoying the fact that he's turned things round?

34768[/snapback]

enjoy the win, yes of course, but with reservations as PL says.

It's a stay of execution, goals change games and we got them at the right time and staved off a certain defeat.

Exercise judgement, or don't criticise Shepherd for keeping him when you take the same view. He is the wrong man, one win changes nothing, it's the end of the season that counts, and I for one am still 100% confident he won't get us back into europe via a league position which is where we were when he found us.

For 40m quid.

As for "full squad", everyone has injuries, it's part and parcel of the game, no one ever has a "full squad", it's just an excuse.

34761[/snapback]

34764[/snapback]

34768[/snapback]

What i'd say then is it wouldeventually reach a point where we keep him till the end of the season then say right, time us up and out you go to be replaced by somebody better.And i'd look at his overall performance which lets not hide from it would be shite.

But yes, a point would come at which even i would admit keeping him for the season would be safer than a change, but tha point would require one hell of a winning run with genuine signs of fluent, creative, attacking and confident football being played.

Unless that happens i know (and hate feelign like this) that scraped points here and there are keeping this club down from what we could/should be.

34770[/snapback]

Hey this is my hypothetical situation! I'll decide whether his overall performance would be shite or not. :razz:

34761[/snapback]

34764[/snapback]

34768[/snapback]

What i'd say then is it wouldeventually reach a point where we keep him till the end of the season then say right, time us up and out you go to be replaced by somebody better.And i'd look at his overall performance which lets not hide from it would be shite.

Unless that happens i know (and hate feeling like this) that scraped points here and there are keeping this club down from what we could/should be.

34770[/snapback]

Hey this is my hypothetical situation! I'll decide whether his overall performance would be shite or not. :blink:

34781[/snapback]

:o

You invited me into your hypothetical situation though and thus the person who is right the most (thats me btw) assumes the position of power in deciding hypothetically what his performance was. :razz:

I think there should be a new reality TV show to find the next Newcastle manager. I'm just posting this so it is on record, that way if they ever do make a show like that I can say they stoler my idea and sue them for millions.

34758[/snapback]

Agree completely PL.

It was an odd game - for 60 minutes they were the better team, but basically I felt they didn't use Bellamy correctly. He only ever plays well with good support. Anyway, of course I enjoyed the goals, especially as it was Shearer, Owen and N'Zogbia who got them, but it has well and truly booked our passage into mediocrity in the long term.

I always try and look at the performance over the results, and the performance today was really very poor imo. A better team would have kicked the shit out of us, that's for sure. But the next few games are easy on paper. I predict we will go on another Souness minirun, before losing heavily to the next decent team we play, when we will go on Souness mini-depression. Repeat this pattern a couple more time and voila - we finish 10th-16th.

34758[/snapback]

Agree completely PL.

It was an odd game - for 60 minutes they were the better team, but basically I felt they didn't use Bellamy correctly. He only ever plays well with good support. Anyway, of course I enjoyed the goals, especially as it was Shearer, Owen and N'Zogbia who got them, but it has well and truly booked our passage into mediocrity in the long term.

I always try and look at the performance over the results, and the performance today was really very poor imo. A better team would have kicked the shit out of us, that's for sure. But the next few games are easy on paper. I predict we will go on another Souness minirun, before losing heavily to the next decent team we play, when we will go on Souness mini-depression. Repeat this pattern a couple more time and voila - we finish 10th-16th.

34793[/snapback]

About right.

Ironically Rileys obsession with booking our players (and an early one for Neill)actually stopped Blackburn playing their usual thug game as they couldn't risk it. When of course what they should have known was they would have got away with it and he'd have continued booking our players!

But i'm the same as you, under the current situation the perfomance will give you the indicator if anything has improved or not, the result tells you merely that Zog scored and assisted and thew two strikers scored.

If your managers is clearly talented, intelligent and overall doing a good job then results are what counts as you can be safe in the knowledge that you grind out some points but will be back to good football soon. Under this clown a fluke result or two or results down to individual players are not a good guide and the performance is.

34758[/snapback]

Agree completely PL.

34793[/snapback]

About right.

Ironically Rileys obsession with booking our players (and an early one for Neill)actually stopped Blackburn playing their usual thug game as they couldn't risk it. When of course what they should have known was they would have got away with it and he'd have continued booking our players!

But i'm the same as you, under the current situation the perfomance will give you the indicator if anything has improved or not, the result tells you merely that Zog scored and assisted and thew two strikers scored.

If your managers is clearly talented, intelligent and overall doing a good job then results are what counts as you can be safe in the knowledge that you grind out some points but will be back to good football soon. Under this clown a fluke result or two or results down to individual players are not a good guide and the performance is.

34798[/snapback]

Of course, you just know people are going to insist we have turned the corner, or that we should eat humble pie after this, especially on N-O. :razz:

I can't believe that anyone with a brain can take much comfort from that performance, the first half ranks as one of the worst ever. In particular, the defence looks pretty bad now, it cetainly isn't "sorted". Fair play to all the scorers though, and I must say I am finally seeing why people are putting stock in N'Zogbia.

Souness will be gone sooner or later. I want sooner, but if he lasts the year, I guess I'm going to have to grit my teeth and bear another season without flair or entertainment, or silverware. We've all been there before, after all. I just hope we can keep hold of the better players for the next manager - especially Given, who saved our bacon today again.

3-0 away win, but the most important thing is the performance.  Hokayyyyyy.

34820[/snapback]

Hmm somebody didn't read my post, or deliebrately ignored what i said to make the above comment.

Here it is again for you:

If you seriously think that 3-0 win hides all that went before it in that game and all the shite thats gone before it this season and last then i'm worried for you! :razz:

34820[/snapback]

Hmm somebody didn't read my post, or deliebrately ignored what i said to make the above comment.

If you seriously think that 3-0 win hides all that went before it in that game and all the shite thats gone before it this season and last then i'm worried for you! :razz:

34822[/snapback]

Like I said: 3-0 away win but the most important thing is the performance. Hokayyyyyyy.

:blink:

34820[/snapback]

34822[/snapback]

Like I said: 3-0 away win but the most important thing is the performance. Hokayyyyyyy.

:o

34824[/snapback]

Oh i see, you're finally seeing sense and agreeing with the people who are right now. I just assumed it being you that you were being sarcastic but you're actually finally getting the idea :blink: