Stoke away in FA Cup

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

I'm not a hooligan, never have been never will be, but I've waiting to play these bastards for 12 years, anyone that was there that night when we stuffed them will know why.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a hooligan, never have been never will be, but I've waiting to play these bastards for 12 years, anyone that was there that night when we stuffed them will know why.

I remember that game, not only for their fans starting loads of trouble (luckilly i avoided any, though one fight broke out right next to me but i got away!) but also because Lou McCari being bitter at the stuffing they got was one of the first instigators of getting refs to never give Ginola anything by whingeing about him diving all the time. I'm not sayign he never overplayed things, but often he'd get the shit kicked out of him and be given no protection (Lee Dixon for Arsenal being the ultimate example) and McCari was the one who started it all.

B)

Loving this draw. I'm a Stoke fan, Jonny2J knows me and got me to sign up a few days ago for the craic. I expect some good patter in the build up to this. Don't disappoint me!

Fuck off you Stoke supporting Cunt, how does that grab you? :birthday:

:rolleyes:

Loving this draw. I'm a Stoke fan, Jonny2J knows me and got me to sign up a few days ago for the craic. I expect some good patter in the build up to this. Don't disappoint me!

Fuck off you Stoke supporting Cunt, how does that grab you? :birthday:

Judging by your height, you'd probably only grab as high as my knees. B)

Went past their stadium today actually... bit of a shite hole like.

Well, it is in Stoke.

QFT

Although Im guessing Matty went past Vales place, thats an old shitehole while Stoke have built a new ground on an industrial estate on the outskirts which looks alreet.

Sorry (and welcome) to Monsoon Moon but wor lass is from Stoke and I have to say that the best thing about it is the errrr emmmm well its errrr easy to get to the M6 from. Oh and she's Vale anyway :birthday:

Went past their stadium today actually... bit of a shite hole like.

Well, it is in Stoke.

QFT

Although Im guessing Matty went past Vales place, thats an old shitehole while Stoke have built a new ground on an industrial estate on the outskirts which looks alreet.

Sorry (and welcome) to Monsoon Moon but wor lass is from Stoke and I have to say that the best thing about it is the errrr emmmm well its errrr easy to get to the M6 from. Oh and she's Vale anyway :birthday:

Yeah, pretty sure the Britainnia is one of those flat-pack stadiums. Same design as the Riverside, St. Mary's and Pride Park.

Stoke is complete non-entity of a place.

Maybe so, but when I hear the name Stoke I inevitably think 'Stanley Mathews'. Started and finished his career playing for Stoke, a legend among the legends.

Maybe so, but when I hear the name Stoke I inevitably think 'Stanley Mathews'. Started and finished his career playing for Stoke, a legend among the legends.

Even then hes probably more famous for the Blackpool cup final :birthday:

I remember that game, not only for their fans starting loads of trouble (luckilly i avoided any, though one fight broke out right next to me but i got away!) but also because Lou McCari being bitter at the stuffing they got was one of the first instigators of getting refs to never give Ginola anything by whingeing about him diving all the time. I'm not sayign he never overplayed things, but often he'd get the shit kicked out of him and be given no protection (Lee Dixon for Arsenal being the ultimate example) and McCari was the one who started it all.

Which was made ironic by him being a very typical Man U cheat in his day.

I knew about 5 groups of people who went that night - our car load was the only one which saw no bother - we were spawny gets of the highest order judging by all the stories. It was a classic case of a town full of village idiots going daft cos the "big team" were in town- I've been wanting a cup draw ever since.

You've never been then.

It is actually about 5 towns with Stoke probably being the smallest. I quite enjoyed it when I stayed in Hanley. Also had the nicest curry ever there. Played for Britannia Building socities cricket team.

Sorry, Ive got to disagree with you there, Stoke on Trent as a whole is a shit hole, no matter which way you dress up any of the sixtowns, Hanley,Stoke, Longton, Fenton, Burslem and my home town (unfortunatly), Tunstall, which for the record is the smallest. Stoke 'town' itself is full of immigrants, chavers and smelly old bastards who spend all day queuing for their 'social' (benefits that is) I simply can not imagine what you found appealing about a stay in Hanley, although it's the 'better' out of the rest of the towns. I'm imagining the curry you had was from the one and only decent curry place there, but you'd have had to subject yourself to the area of 'Shitty Shelton' in between Hanley and Stoke whereby the average white man feels like the minority and its hardly surprising they can cook up a bit of decent curry since its their national dish.

Don't think anyone will recall the old Victoria ground that used to run alongside the A500, its unbelievable to think that Stoke played there right up till they built the new Victoria ground (not that long ago really) it resembled someones backyard.

The best thing about Stoke on Trent is the lovely warm feeling you get when you join the M6 North to come to Newcastle! (the real one, not under lyme)

(And the bastards play in the same colours as the Makems)

You've never been then.

It is actually about 5 towns with Stoke probably being the smallest. I quite enjoyed it when I stayed in Hanley. Also had the nicest curry ever there. Played for Britannia Building socities cricket team.

Sorry, Ive got to disagree with you there, Stoke on Trent as a whole is a shit hole, no matter which way you dress up any of the sixtowns, Hanley,Stoke, Longton, Fenton, Burslem and my home town (unfortunatly), Tunstall, which for the record is the smallest. Stoke 'town' itself is full of immigrants, chavers and smelly old bastards who spend all day queuing for their 'social' (benefits that is) I simply can not imagine what you found appealing about a stay in Hanley, although it's the 'better' out of the rest of the towns. I'm imagining the curry you had was from the one and only decent curry place there, but you'd have had to subject yourself to the area of 'Shitty Shelton' in between Hanley and Stoke whereby the average white man feels like the minority and its hardly surprising they can cook up a bit of decent curry since its their national dish.

Don't think anyone will recall the old Victoria ground that used to run alongside the A500, its unbelievable to think that Stoke played there right up till they built the new Victoria ground (not that long ago really) it resembled someones backyard.

The best thing about Stoke on Trent is the lovely warm feeling you get when you join the M6 North to come to Newcastle! (the real one, not under lyme)

(And the bastards play in the same colours as the Makems)

In 1997 when I was there, there weren't a lot of immigrants.

Hanley and Trentham are about as good as you can get in Stoke but even Hanley is shocking in places, the bus station is a total shit hole.

I Haven't hung around bus stations since I was 13 so wouldn't know. Just realised I stayed in Trentham next to the gardens not Hanley. But went drinking in Hanley and had my curry in Newcastle. Bloody old age :birthday:

Are you sure it was Stoke you visited?

Yep. Like I said I quite liked it. How long have you lived there?

Unfortunately my entire life until I moved up here last summer, my family are all still down there, generations of born again Stokies lol You don't relise quite how bad the place is until you leave. At one time it at least had an industry but now all that remains are flat packed Asda's and Next's. I spoke to my family the other day and the highlight of the news from Stoke was the fact that they were having a new JJB Sports Gym built! The only place to go for a coffee in Tunstall is Asda and I can't even think where the nearest Starbucks is, possibly Crewe Railway Station.

Hanley and Trentham are about as good as you can get in Stoke but even Hanley is shocking in places, the bus station is a total shit hole.

Newcastle under Lyme, Trentham, Kidsgrove, Alsager etc are not classed as Stoke on Trent and are a little nicer lol, not so many charvers but still plenty of piss smelly oldies