Stoke away in FA Cup

Guest stevieintoon

I Haven't hung around bus stations since I was 13 so wouldn't know. Just realised I stayed in Trentham next to the gardens not Hanley. But went drinking in Hanley and had my curry in Newcastle. Bloody old age B)

I also don't normally hang about bus stations unless I have to pick somebody up or drop them off, my biggest mistake was forgetting to change the clock by an hour and thinking I was 45 minutes early. :birthday:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately my entire life until I moved up here last summer, my family are all still down there, generations of born again Stokies lol You don't relise quite how bad the place is until you leave. At one time it at least had an industry but now all that remains are flat packed Asda's and Next's. I spoke to my family the other day and the highlight of the news from Stoke was the fact that they were having a new JJB Sports Gym built! The only place to go for a coffee in Tunstall is Asda and I can't even think where the nearest Starbucks is, possibly Crewe Railway Station.

I'm not sure what it's called but that place you pass on the way to Hanley from the A50 is horrible, sorry if that's where you're from, the turn off is just past the Meir tunnel.

Edited by kciM

Are you sure it was Stoke you visited?

Yep. Like I said I quite liked it. How long have you lived there?

Unfortunately my entire life until I moved up here last summer, my family are all still down there, generations of born again Stokies lol You don't relise quite how bad the place is until you leave. At one time it at least had an industry but now all that remains are flat packed Asda's and Next's. I spoke to my family the other day and the highlight of the news from Stoke was the fact that they were having a new JJB Sports Gym built! The only place to go for a coffee in Tunstall is Asda and I can't even think where the nearest Starbucks is, possibly Crewe Railway Station.

Christ then you move up here and meet Pud. We should do a telathon for you :birthday:

Are you sure it was Stoke you visited?

Yep. Like I said I quite liked it. How long have you lived there?

Christ then you move up here and meet Pud. We should do a telathon for you :birthday:

Ahaha Pud was the reason I moved here lol. Place between Hanley and A50 is Fenton and Longton, and it's the worst place lol, it's were me Dad's side of the family are from, one of those places where everyone is very very broad Stokie. Its grey,, depressing and sucks the life out of you but hey, they have a Subway at least

i went to stoke to watch doncaster rovers get promoted to the football league a few years back with a mate of mine who's a big donny fan.

i can confirm it's a shithole....especially the area near the ground.

Went past their stadium today actually... bit of a shite hole like.

Well, it is in Stoke.

QFT

Although Im guessing Matty went past Vales place, thats an old shitehole while Stoke have built a new ground on an industrial estate on the outskirts which looks alreet.

Sorry (and welcome) to Monsoon Moon but wor lass is from Stoke and I have to say that the best thing about it is the errrr emmmm well its errrr easy to get to the M6 from. Oh and she's Vale anyway :birthday:

On the A50 I think, and you go straight past the Britannia Stadium... thank god that road goes straight through Stoke and no stopping is required is all I can say!

Can't help but think of The real football factorys with fanny"CoR! it's a bit tasty round ere innit" dyer,where he's in that Stoke boozer absolutely shitting himself and that numpty Stoke fan who thought he was solid :birthday: what they called,the naughty forty? still living in the dark ages

Edited by @yourservice

Guest stevieintoon
Can't help but think of The real football factorys with fanny"CoR! it's a bit tasty round ere innit" dyer,where he's in that Stoke boozer absolutely shitting himself and that numpty Stoke fan who thought he was solid B) what they called,the naughty forty? still living in the dark ages

Aye :birthday: he gans in the pub, and he goes "faak me this is a weww nawty firm" he wasn't taking the piss by his voice, the camera scanned round and it was all 16 year olds with a couple of blokes playing dominoes in the background hehe.

I can only think of Middlesbrough, Luton and Hull I've been to which are on the same level of sheer deparivity, desperation and horribleness as the place and people of Stoke on Trent (no disrespect Ellie). When you go to these places around the country for the first time it's when it dawns on you what a thoroughly fantastic place we live in up here (well those north of the tyne).

Can't help but think of The real football factorys with fanny"CoR! it's a bit tasty round ere innit" dyer,where he's in that Stoke boozer absolutely shitting himself and that numpty Stoke fan who thought he was solid B) what they called,the naughty forty? still living in the dark ages

Aye :birthday: he gans in the pub, and he goes "faak me this is a weww nawty firm" he wasn't taking the piss by his voice, the camera scanned round and it was all 16 year olds with a couple of blokes playing dominoes in the background hehe.

I can only think of Middlesbrough, Luton and Hull I've been to which are on the same level of sheer deparivity, desperation and horribleness as the place and people of Stoke on Trent (no disrespect Ellie). When you go to these places around the country for the first time it's when it dawns on you what a thoroughly fantastic place we live in up here (well those north of the tyne).

No offence taken, I'll be the first in the queue to back you up on that one. Not slagging everyone off who comes from Stoke mind, there are still a lot of decent inhabitants, like everywhere in the country you get the dreggs, unfortunatly some places are more populated with them than others, the perils of the decline of industrial cities I suppose. (Perhaps Sunderland can use that for an excuse too)

I would have been more worried about what you could have caught off the 'naught forty' than what they could have done to you. Napalm, if I had my way.

Christ, has one of them eaten your cat or something?

QFT

Although Im guessing Matty went past Vales place, thats an old shitehole while Stoke have built a new ground on an industrial estate on the outskirts which looks alreet.

Sorry (and welcome) to Monsoon Moon but wor lass is from Stoke and I have to say that the best thing about it is the errrr emmmm well its errrr easy to get to the M6 from. Oh and she's Vale anyway

Aye it's built on an industrial estate by an incinerator. Quite apt as we're shit-hot.

Vale?! Ask her about Chasetown :birthday:.

Yeah, pretty sure the Britainnia is one of those flat-pack stadiums. Same design as the Riverside, St. Mary's and Pride Park.

Aye, only cost £14m! Council paid for it and built it, then we bought it for £6.5m last year. Pissed Vale fans right off that they'd paid for our ground. B)

Maybe so, but when I hear the name Stoke I inevitably think 'Stanley Mathews'. Started and finished his career playing for Stoke, a legend among the legends.

Aye man, kudos for that one.

Reckon you'll bring many down with you? I'd imagine you'd get the South Stand, which holds 5k-ish.

fucking rancid place needs burning down but then again living chester places like stoke are handy to have to send all our rubbish too.

saves filling the local land fill site know as wrexham.

If Chester were anymore up it's own arse, you would be able to see it peering out of it's own mouth.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember this is the same Stoke that has done the Cardiffs, Man Citehs, Hulls, Brummys, West Hams, QPRS, Burnleys.

And with the OB making it a late kick off it'll be even better.

Try asking QPR why they only brought 80 fans on a staurday 3pm kick off?? Because they took the piss and we've battered them ever since, even their keeper got taught a lesson.

Man City had to run on to the pitch in order to escape a beating.

Qpr

Hull

No Surrender, BNP, National Front

WERE STOKE AND WERE GAME AS FUCK

Remember this is the same Stoke that has done the Cardiffs, Man Citehs, Hulls, Brummys, West Hams, QPRS, Burnleys.

Try asking QPR why they only brought 80 fans on a staurday 3pm kick off?? Because they took the piss and we've battered them ever since, even their keeper got taught a lesson.

Qpr

Hull

WERE STOKE AND WERE GAY AS FUCK

FYP Scum!

Guest stevieintoon

Qpr

Hull

What a cunt. I was discussing people like the above coming back from Fulham, and they exist in many places...but they're particularly prevalent in shit towns like Burnley, Stoke, Hull, Wolverhampton and Middlesbrough. If we had been brought up there we could've easily ended up like the above poster, so maybe he's a victim of his environment.

Qpr

Hull

;) Ooh, chase me! Chase me!

Guest stevieintoon
What an easy bite ;)

You want banter then its either TheOatcake

or Stoke No Surrender

And you have the nerve to say that when the majority of your crowd abused that rag head playing for the Yids.

He was playin for Boro, and we have asian posters on here who would take offence at the term raghead. I'm the last cunt who cries racism, but don't say raghead. They divvint wear towels on their heeds in Egypt anyway.

None of the newspapers said it was racist when Private Eye said he looked like the shoe-bomber months earlier. Funny that. Plus, it started after he provoked the crowd after he scored. Not before. Fair play to Boro and the player for not making too much out of it like. Shame the likes of Louise Taylor saw it as an opportunity (as usual) to have a pop at us.