Attendances

Pilchard Chops

Its a combination of 4-5-1/negative tactics, plus obscene ticket prices.

Cut the prices and the attendances will go up. £15 and £7 would be reasonable prices for all games, not the £45 Chelsea charge or the £37 I pay at Newcastle.

Extortionate prices, poor matchday experience (health & safety laws etc..) and just general apathy due to the top three's domination are the causes IMO.

The soloution to these problems are simple.

-Slash prices in half

-Allow fans 'singing' areas where your not told to 'sit down' & 'shut up' to improve the average supporters matchday experience, cause at the moment going to home matches especially is a chore to alot of people, me included on some occasions.

-Wage and Salary caps for players.

If these three things were implemented, most top flight stadia would be bursting at the seams.

Ticket Pricing is definitely a problem. Clubs are greedy. Prices don't need to be anywhere near as high as they are. It's down to greed, pure and simple.

You can pay £8 to watch Bayern Munich. Charge £8-10 for a standard match ticket, and about £5 for kids, lower season ticket prices and that would help a lot. People are being priced out, and we're not talking about people on the dole or anything, this is normal people on average incomes.

Its no surprise.

Wenger often talks some bollocks but he's also intelligent and he's very quickly identified the mind numbingly shite, negative football that a few teams started and is now being copuied by all the moronic sheep managers like Souness leading to games with no entertainment and hardly any goals.

Add in stupidly high prices for matches and its no wonder at all.

The bubble is bursting. Unless something radically changes the majority of top flight football grounds will be empty within the next few years.

34558[/snapback]

That is totally true, the bubble is starting to burst.

Having a lot of games on TV does also not help the attendances. Personally I prefer sitting in a stadium watching a game rather than watch it on tv but it does seem to be a factor with the prices being so high.

How many spectators do you think you would get at St James' if you had to pay at the turnstiles for each game?

My guess is that it would be substantially less than we get at the moment, especially to watch some of the rubbish that has been served up over this and last season. Sourness has seen to that.

Bring back the ENTERTAINERS!!!

Extortionate prices, poor matchday experience (health & safety laws etc..) and just general apathy due to the top three's domination are the causes IMO.

The soloution to these problems are simple.

-Slash prices in half

-Allow fans 'singing' areas where your not told to 'sit down' & 'shut up' to improve the average supporters matchday experience, cause at the moment going to home matches especially is a chore to alot of people, me included on some occasions.

-Wage and Salary caps for players.

If these three things were implemented, most top flight stadia would be bursting at the seams.

34500[/snapback]

Aren't you Mr Bass now? I'm confused

:lol:

Prices have spiralled out into silly numbers and there is so much football on tv it was unheard of. 12.15 and 5.15 kick offs for relitavly unimprotant matches. Why pay the cash for it when you can watch it inthe pub for the price of a pint. Sky's greed has helped run down turnstiles while paying off the clubs for tv rights. Doesn't help with clubs insisting on top dollar for every match.

Go back to no matches on the Saturday and two on a Sunday. Also it wouldn't harm for clubs to discount for awkward, midweek matches esp. Europe and cup games.

Suppose greed is at the centre of it, like every industry.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

last month i put a nail in my club(and ours) coffin,i got rid of cable tv(sky revenue)just wasnt watching any to make it worthwhile..this wil sound weird but my personal enjoyment will be better when the tv money dies and the terraces revenue reigns(if we aint bankrupt by then)