Sho me the way to Norwich

Jimbo

GLENN ROEDER will make another bid to persuade Newcastle to part with Shola Ameobi.

Norwich boss Roeder, sacked by the Toon in May, will move for the striker when the January transfer window opens.

But his replacement at St James’ Park Sam Allardyce is adamant nobody will leave next month as Obafemi Martins will be involved in the African Nations Cup.

However with Michael Owen nearing fitness and Alan Smith being used as a striker, Roeder is hopeful he can push through a deal.

Struggled

Ameobi, 26, has hit 28 goals in 166 top-flight games.

But he has struggled to establish himself as first-choice up front, with more than a third of his appearances made from the bench.

Roeder is also keen on Newcastle defender Peter Ramage, who is currently sidelined after knee surgery.

Ramage, 24, will not be fit for another three months but Roeder is prepared to wait until his current deal expires at the end of the season.

Sad to say given the circumstances i keep him till the summer...

Aye, given that Martins is going to be missing for a while at the ACN and Owen most likely to be crocked it may make sense to keep him for the time being.

Ramage however is more than welcome to go.

proof if it was needed that Roeder is clueless.

Shola and Ramage ffs

Both could be decent in the Championship imo.

Agreed, If the money was right I'd let him go but no loan deals so I can't see it happening tbh. As for damage they can have him

"Ramage would play better than a lot of our defenders at the minute, if he was fit like. "

I must say, sir, that that statement is..........

COMPLETE BOLLOCKS!!

I agree qsqcqsqcqsqcqsqcqq

proof if it was needed that Roeder is clueless.

Shola and Ramage ffs

Shola will do well in that division.

Not sure about Ramage.....

I think they'd both do well like. Especially Shola though. Good luck to the pair of them.

Ramage would play better than a lot of our defenders at the minute, if he was fit like.

:unsure:

I can't see Ramage making as many balls up as Rozehnal. He may be shite, but at least he's a fucking tryer.

However with Michael Owen nearing fitness and Alan Smith being used as a striker,

instead of a midfielder perhaps?...

surely it's plain for all to see that Smith's best position is striker?

However with Michael Owen nearing fitness and Alan Smith being used as a striker,

Better position, yes. He'll only score about 5 goals a season though. Not good enough in my opinion.

Better position, yes. He'll only score about 5 goals a season though. Not good enough in my opinion.

at no point in my post do I say he is good enough to play striker for Newcastle United ahead of the likes of Owen, Martins or Viduka. :unsure: