If Owen goes, who would you buy to replace him?

Chaser

If Owen does go in January, with Oba gone it'll leave us with just Smith, Vids & Shola as our strikers. Can Carroll be recalled?

With that, there doesnt appear to be a lot of goals between those 3, certainly no pace. Who would you be looking to pick up as a replacement?

Sam Allardyce believes Michael Owen will be a Newcastle player after the January transfer window.

The former Bolton boss insisted he has had no conversation with Sven Goran Eriksson about the England striker amid continued speculation Manchester City are about to move for him.

However, it is understood that discreet inquiries have been made as to City's intentions with Allardyce knowing Owen's departure would leave him with a gap to fill.

But as he conducted his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Fulham, he was adamant any transfer activity this winter would involve incoming players.

And asked if he had spoken to Eriksson, he replied: "We have not had a conversation regarding Michael Owen.

"It is December, it is speculation time. It is volatile in terms of what is being bandied about throughout the whole of the media world in football.

Speculation

"The speculation goes with agents or anybody ringing you up for whatever reason and mentioning or talking about one particular player, and straight away, you are either going to buy him or another rumour comes around and all of a sudden, you are selling.

"Certainly at this moment in time, my squad coming to January is going to be depleted by four players going to the African Nations Cup, and there is no room for me moving any players out of this football club.

"It is about, if anything, bringing some players in to bolster the squad, not just for the players who are missing for the African Nations, but hopefully, if it is there, to get us better to see us through this season."

Owen is not in the squad for Saturday's game as he continues his recovery from a thigh injury, but could return against Derby next Sunday.

He has managed just 25 appearances for Newcastle since making a £17million move from Real Madrid in August 2005.

Owen has a further 18 months to run on his contract, and will be able to leave St James' Park on a free transfer at the end of next season.

Roeder must be stooopid enough to pay 2m for donkey, another 3m for Emre, 8 for Owen and we might just be able to afford Anelka.

Or that rich twat that now owns the club can just go all abramovich on the club and just get the fucking cheque book out.

The Dutch league can be a bit hit and miss.

You can get pure quality like Ruud VanN or you can end up with Kezman, who had an even better goal record than RVN, but couldn't really adapt in a very good Chelsea side.

Kuyt was a prolific goalscorer there too, but hasn't looked at all as clinical here.

Tsvetan Genkov

Diego Forlán

Klaas Jan Huntelaar

Afonso Alves

Who?

I'd love Ashton here with a full season without injury behind him.

I used to hate Diouf, but everytime I see him for Bolton, I'm impressed.

I Reckon if we send offer Owen and a few mill and send him down on a long piggy back ride on Shearer's back Ashton would come. He's a big fan of Shearer isn't he? I still can';t believe we werent in for him not only whhen norwhich signed him from crewe, but when norwhich let him go also. We needed a replacement for big al and he's a big fan of him, could have learnt a couple of things off him in his last couple of seasons also =/ aye nevermind

Edited by bassplayerjj

I can't see Owen signing for West Ham tbh.

haha same, that would be a waste of whatever potential career he has left

yeah, but it would be funny as fook like! and when we're feeling all nostalgic we can just pop over to the WEst Ham physio room and say hello to Mr. Parker, Dyer & Owen. and if we're lucky there might even be a little scirmish in the car park if Bows is about =)

I can't see Owen signing for West Ham tbh.

haha same, that would be a waste of whatever potential career he has left

yeah, but it would be funny as fook like! and when we're feeling all nostalgic we can just pop over to the WEst Ham physio room and say hello to Mr. Parker, Dyer & Owen. and if we're lucky there might even be a little scirmish in the car park if Bows is about =)

maybe even see that ballbag bellers aswell