If Owen goes, who would you buy to replace him?

Chaser

I would go for Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones.

Since we love to play this dour long ball game... He's probably one of the best in the air in the Premiership...and if he was not playing for such a shit club ...he would probably be close to double figures now

Would they sell him to us tho? if Sunderland go down, i'd LOVE him to come here in the summer. I just wouldnt want to pay over the odds, him and Martins would be a handful for any defence in the prem.

Jones? fuck off man. He's had one half decent purple patch and now his time has run out.

He's still shitloads better than Smith and Ameobi.

U could prbly swap him for Ameobi and some cash

iii probz mate lmao.

FUCKOFF.

I would like to see Ashton here but it ain't gonna happen

Agreed, He'd be my first choice too, but I think we missed out on our chance when he moved from Norwich to the 'ammers. Real shame that as it was about the time Shearer was talking about retirement. I liked the look of David Nugent too but he seems to have disappeared since going to Portsmouth.

Guest stevieintoon

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNY9Le_RPg&rel=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNY9Le_RPg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNY9Le_RPg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He'll do more in the rest of his career and give more than Michael Owen will.

Guest stevieintoon

Jermain Defoe is underrated, he's the most natural goalscorer in London in my opinion, if he was given 30 starts in a season he'd get 20 goals.

Jermain Defoe is underrated, he's the most natural goalscorer in London in my opinion, if he was given 30 starts in a season he'd get 20 goals.

I think Defoe is underated too, just don't honestly think he'd be that prolific, but at least he'd play 10 games in a row which is more than can be said for Owen.

We would have to play through ur nose for Defoe...He is too similar to Martins and Owen for my liking. he requires ball played into space to be effective.

Jones on the other hand is the perfect target man. He can use both feet ....is pretty good on the ball and is excellent in the air...I think he is the perfect acquisition...Sunderland are desperate for quality players with premiership experience ..U can prbly offer Ameobi and some other unfortunate to them in exchange

We would have to play through ur nose for Defoe...He is too similar to Martins and Owen for my liking. he requires ball played into space to be effective.

Jones on the other hand is the perfect target man. He can use both feet ....is pretty good on the ball and is excellent in the air...I think he is the perfect acquisition...Sunderland are desperate for quality players with premiership experience ..U can prbly offer Ameobi and some other unfortunate to them in exchange

I agree that a physical specimen is more suited to play at the 'point' in Sam's system, but we are the last team sunderland would sell to.