Gudjohnsen keeping options open

khay

Icelandic striker Eidur Gudjohnsen has not ruled out a move from Barcelona during the January transfer window, according to his father.

The former Bolton and Chelsea player, 29, has been linked with moves to West Ham and Newcastle in recent weeks.

"He is perfectly happy with life at the Nou Camp but he is not ruling anything out," father and agent Arnor Gudjohnsen told BBC Sport.

"I think he will stay at least until the summer but it's up to him."

The Iceland international signed for Barcelona from Chelsea in 2006 for a fee believed to be about £8m.

After a successful debut season with the Catalan giants that saw him score 12 goals, the first half of the current campaign has been less fruitful.

Injury, coupled with the arrival of Thierry Henry from Arsenal, had undone a lot of the good groundwork before injuries to Henry and Lionel Messi saw him return to the fold in the last two months.

And last weekend, the Gudjohnsen scored the third goal in the 3-0 win at Valencia.

"The injury has been a setback for him but he's fought his way back into the team and has been showing some good form," added his father.

"Eidur believes he will play more for Barcelona, but in football you can never be certain."

Yes, please.

Guest Patrokles
What we need but not what we need.

Allardyce would end up playing him next to Smith in the midfield because he saw Jose do it once.

As opposed to where he played for Bolton under Allardyce? :lol:

What we need but not what we need.

Allardyce would end up playing him next to Smith in the midfield because he saw Jose do it once.

As opposed to where he played for Bolton under Allardyce? ;)

Do you think Sam can remember back that far? :lol:

With Ronaldinho being a bit pish at the moment along with Henry and Messi being injured to add to Samuel Eto'o going away for a while I don't see anything happening till the summer.

apparantly we're being linked with a january move for him.

Apparently he is also going no where.

Eidur Gudjohnsen insists he does not want to leave Barcelona despite reported interest from a number of Premier League clubs.

The Icelandic international striker was thought to be unsettled at the Camp Nou as he finds a place in Frank Rijkaard's first XI increasingly hard to come by.

Gudjohnsen, 29, has started only two Primera Liga games this season as he competes for a starting berth with the likes of Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry and Ronaldinho.

However, Gudjohnsen - who joined Barca from Chelsea for £8million in 2006 - is adamant he is happy in Spain despite reported interest from Newcastle, West Ham, Manchester City and Portsmouth.

Impossible

"Now I am in my best days with Barcelona," Gudjohnsen told El Periodico Barcelona.

"I am good physically and have a lot of interest in helping the team. The coach has confidence in me and this is very important.

"I thought in September if things did not change I would leave Barca, but now this is impossible.

"I discard my exit because I want to triumph in the Barca shirt. I know the club and the people and it is not possible to improve this situation at another club.

"If I receive a call from another club my answer will be negative."