Wankers on Newcastle Online

Guest stevieintoon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, I think HF was asked after I said I couldn't make it ;)

:lol:

I just made that up btw, I have no idea who was asked first :icon_lol:

Me, but I couldn't make it due to a previously booked Geordie convention in County Durham I was attending

I've just been reliably informed the club are consulting Newcastle Online admin, and selected committee members about how many away tickets the toon should be applying for.

I have to say when my source told me exactly who were on this fuckin committee I feel fuckin sick. Having been to Fulham on Saturday, a game on TV on a Saturday night, and witnessed at the very least 5,000 toon fans, I'm staggered by what we've asked for at Stamford Bridge. The neutral end at Fulham seemed to be 75% at least toon, which added to our 3,800 official tickets adds up to over 5,000, and this was a more unsociable kick off time than what Chelsea is. It confirms something I've always known, and just listening to the accents at half time, we have thousands, of people down south who support us, people can rubbish that statement but it's true, and it's not all geordie diaspora.

So anyway for the above reasons, I'm flabbergasted to say the least, that a game not on TV over the christmas period, with plenty of trains etc..., we've only asked for 1,500 tickets, it's a fuckin disgrace, and I'm not blaming Mort etc.. he's been good as gold, I'm blaming the idiots who are on this fuckin committee, the VAST majority of whom, are not from the NE (never mind Newcastle), don't go to games, and have NEVER been to an away game in their life. Two weeks before the game, and stragglers like me who always buy late, well we're fucked :icon_lol:. SOLD OUT. I'll be writing to the club, about this disgrace.

Not the Baines chap I hope.

:lol:

;)

I was actually meant to meet Mort as N-O's representative but I couldn't make it so the Janitor went instead. True story :lol:

I'll gan as Toontastic's person, next time they ask.

Toontastic weren't asked / involved iirc. Not enough members I guess. I think it's a good idea in principle - people from True Faith, The Mag etc. went - but N-O isn't that representative. Over half the people on the football board aren't even Geordies. I know you don't have to be but you know what I mean.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

EXACTLY Geordie Nation and all that...

Fuck all those "cunts" that aren't from Newcastle ;)

I was actually meant to meet Mort as N-O's representative but I couldn't make it so the Janitor went instead. True story :lol:

Toontastic weren't asked / involved iirc. Not enough members I guess. I think it's a good idea in principle - people from True Faith, The Mag etc. went - but N-O isn't that representative. Over half the people on the football board aren't even Geordies. I know you don't have to be but you know what I mean.

Fuck all those "cunts" that aren't from Newcastle :icon_lol:

;)

Guest stevieintoon

Fuck all those "cunts" that aren't from Newcastle ;)

Reasonable point.

Nar, at the end of the day, no one can accuse our OOT's of being glory hunters, the sad thing is though if and when the day comes when we're where we should be, that's exactly what you'll be accused of being. FWIW, toon fans aren't as gobby about who we are as other clubs, who claim they're this that and the other, for instance in England and Scotland, I'm of the opinion we have more fans than Celtic and Rangers.

Im sure the club didnt request a reduced allocation on the word of a couple of people from NO. They may have taken their input on board but im pretty sure the club has a record of how many people apply for every away game and how many tickets actually get taken over the last 40 years etc. to come up with the right kind of number!!!!

Just admit it stevie, your pissed off they asked the NO guys cos you see yourself as more of a super fan than they are ;) They probably would have asked you until they found out you dont buy a programme and leave 10minutes early to catch the metro!

Guest stevieintoon
Im sure the club didnt request a reduced allocation on the word of a couple of people from NO. They may have taken their input on board but im pretty sure the club has a record of how many people apply for every away game and how many tickets actually get taken over the last 40 years etc. to come up with the right kind of number!!!!

Just admit it stevie, your pissed off they asked the NO guys cos you see yourself as more of a super fan than they are ;) They probably would have asked you until they found out you dont buy a programme and leave 10minutes early to catch the metro!

SKY has ruined the game

Just to clarify, I think HF was asked after I said I couldn't make it :P

;)

I just made that up btw, I have no idea who was asked first :icon_lol:

I asked Janitor after Alex couldn't make it. ;)

The admin side sent a couple/someone as well who's names escape me.

He did a great job at the meeting btw and N.O. status went stratospheric after that. :D

Drank more pints than Mort and all. :icon_lol:

Stevie you're way too dangerous to send. :razz:

Edited by Parky

Guest stevieintoon
Just to clarify, I think HF was asked after I said I couldn't make it :P

;)

I just made that up btw, I have no idea who was asked first :D

I asked Janitor after Alex couldn't make it. ;)

He did a great job at the meeting btw and N.O. status went stratospheric after that. :razz:

Drank more pints than Mort and all. :icon_lol:

Paul Mosley looks like he could drink more pints than Mort for fuck sake.

Guest stevieintoon
Have you got your hands on a ticket for the Chelsea game yet, Stevie?

I've been potentially offered one today, but I decided I'm not going now based on a few things.

I've been potentially offered one today, but I decided I'm not going now based on a few things.

Fallen out with your sister?

Guest stevieintoon

Fallen out with your sister?

She's a difficult person to fall out with. People with siblings who are closer to their age seem to fall out more than when there's a big gap.

I've just been reliably informed the club are consulting Newcastle Online admin, and selected committee members about how many away tickets the toon should be applying for.

I have to say when my source told me exactly who were on this fuckin committee I feel fuckin sick. Having been to Fulham on Saturday, a game on TV on a Saturday night, and witnessed at the very least 5,000 toon fans, I'm staggered by what we've asked for at Stamford Bridge. The neutral end at Fulham seemed to be 75% at least toon, which added to our 3,800 official tickets adds up to over 5,000, and this was a more unsociable kick off time than what Chelsea is. It confirms something I've always known, and just listening to the accents at half time, we have thousands, of people down south who support us, people can rubbish that statement but it's true, and it's not all geordie diaspora.

So anyway for the above reasons, I'm flabbergasted to say the least, that a game not on TV over the christmas period, with plenty of trains etc..., we've only asked for 1,500 tickets, it's a fuckin disgrace, and I'm not blaming Mort etc.. he's been good as gold, I'm blaming the idiots who are on this fuckin committee, the VAST majority of whom, are not from the NE (never mind Newcastle), don't go to games, and have NEVER been to an away game in their life. Two weeks before the game, and stragglers like me who always buy late, well we're fucked :razz:. SOLD OUT. I'll be writing to the club, about this disgrace.

;)

Older than Leazes Mag that now Jon, you're a southern toon fan, and you know fine well what I'm saying is true, but if ever there was a message board fence sitter it was you, as not to offend your net mates.

I can't see why the club are asking ANY message board for this sort of info. Lets face it, the vast majority of fans DON'T use message boards. All of us do - obviously - but how many out of 50,000 use them, quite a lot of us use them because we live away from home and want to keep up with the gossip. It should be quite easy to get these figures, the club has logged the sale of away tickets for many years, there is no need to ask anybody, not even Mark Jensen, Keith Barrett. If they did, they would be given a much better estimate than 1500 too. Don't mean to criticise Mort, but his comments about spending money in january, and now this ....... they seem to be pretty naive about what football is all about.

I agree whole heartedly. The fact they're asking a message board where over half the people don't even go, and even fewer go to away games, well it beggars belief. When you've stood on cold terraces at Southend on New Years Day, seeing your team lose 4-0, I think you will know something about the toon and their support. Sitting behind a PC in Leeds, Preston, Glasgow, Edinburgh or whereever having been to less games than the fingers on your right hand, I just feel cheated that they actually think a message board is the true voice of the support. By the state and inebriation of that last train home on Saturday. Mark Jensen, Kevin Miles type figures should be the people being consulted, not gauging opinions off a website where the average age is about 20, and there are more posts about favourite kind of crisps than football.

and whats this "older than LeazesMag" all about then :P

I couldn't think of any other old timers on toon message boards, other than Peasepud but even he's only aboot 48 ;)

he looks older than me though.

I think the oldest should represent these boards though, apart from Rob.

Guest stevieintoon

So anyway for the above reasons, I'm flabbergasted to say the least, that a game not on TV over the christmas period, with plenty of trains etc..., we've only asked for 1,500 tickets, it's a fuckin disgrace, and I'm not blaming Mort etc.. he's been good as gold, I'm blaming the idiots who are on this fuckin committee, the VAST majority of whom, are not from the NE (never mind Newcastle), don't go to games, and have NEVER been to an away game in their life. Two weeks before the game, and stragglers like me who always buy late, well we're fucked :razz:. SOLD OUT. I'll be writing to the club, about this disgrace.

;)

Older than Leazes Mag that now Jon, you're a southern toon fan, and you know fine well what I'm saying is true, but if ever there was a message board fence sitter it was you, as not to offend your net mates.

I can't see why the club are asking ANY message board for this sort of info. Lets face it, the vast majority of fans DON'T use message boards. All of us do - obviously - but how many out of 50,000 use them, quite a lot of us use them because we live away from home and want to keep up with the gossip. It should be quite easy to get these figures, the club has logged the sale of away tickets for many years, there is no need to ask anybody, not even Mark Jensen, Keith Barrett. If they did, they would be given a much better estimate than 1500 too. Don't mean to criticise Mort, but his comments about spending money in january, and now this ....... they seem to be pretty naive about what football is all about.

I agree whole heartedly. The fact they're asking a message board where over half the people don't even go, and even fewer go to away games, well it beggars belief. When you've stood on cold terraces at Southend on New Years Day, seeing your team lose 4-0, I think you will know something about the toon and their support. Sitting behind a PC in Leeds, Preston, Glasgow, Edinburgh or whereever having been to less games than the fingers on your right hand, I just feel cheated that they actually think a message board is the true voice of the support. By the state and inebriation of that last train home on Saturday. Mark Jensen, Kevin Miles type figures should be the people being consulted, not gauging opinions off a website where the average age is about 20, and there are more posts about favourite kind of crisps than football.

and whats this "older than LeazesMag" all about then :P

I couldn't think of any other old timers on toon message boards, other than Peasepud but even he's only aboot 48 ;)

he looks older than me though.

I think the oldest should represent these boards though, apart from Rob.

Oldest (yee) and wisest (me) would be the best format.

SKY has ruined the game

Did you prefer it before sky did you? Cos from what i can remember football in the 1980s was dying on its arse! In fact, far from ruin the game i would say Sky saved it! We definately wouldnt have 50k turning up for every game without it, nor would we have had the likes of henry, bergkamp, cantona, zola, asprilla, drogba, ronaldo turning up for us to watch at st james.

You listen to too much of the shit the punters spout in the pub before the match!

For the record, Chelsea are one of the few clubs in the league who don't accept returns - you take your allocation then if you fail to sell out, tough shit, the club foots the bill for the remaining unsold tickets. The initial 1,500 allocation is for the upper and lower tiers of the Shed End corner, and if you take the full allocation you get part of the East Stand to the side as well, but these tickets cost £55, not the usual £45-48. When we played them a few weeks ago the club contacted all of the branches and asked how many were likely to be going and decided to only take the initial 1,500, so you aren't the only ones who do that.

Bit daft asking on a message board though, do you not have some kind of link between the branches and the board?

Guest stevieintoon

SKY has ruined the game

Did you prefer it before sky did you? Cos from what i can remember football in the 1980s was dying on its arse! In fact, far from ruin the game i would say Sky saved it! We definately wouldnt have 50k turning up for every game without it, nor would we have had the likes of henry, bergkamp, cantona, zola, asprilla, drogba, ronaldo turning up for us to watch at st james.

You listen to too much of the shit the punters spout in the pub before the match!

I preferred the fact there wasn't as many tossers like yee. It's a hard question to answer to be honest. The match day experience is shit now, in the main, even if the product on the pitch and the facilities are better, not that yee would naa.