what is your biggest pet peeve?

Dr Gloom

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people that use the last of the bog roll and don't put a new roll on the holder. cue running to the cupboard, arse cheeks clenched for fear of a turtle's head popping out to say hello.

People who constantly mispronounce things despite hearing them being pronounced correctly around them all the time. :pullhair:

:lol:

Spot on. You find yourself pointedly raising your voice and shooting them a glance whenever you use the word yourself.

I'm developing some kind of disorder where I check through the window of carriages before getting on, it's getting to the point where you may see me scuttling around on the UBahn looking for the most ideal spot to sit. People using phones(Turks mainly who shout) - I can't get on, group of girls cackling - no..Fat people eating - no, pets -no...:lol:

People who treat escalators like they're a fucking funfair ride. MOVE! CUNTS!

It's infuriating; there are signs everywhere on the Tube advising you to stand on the right and yet you'll still have arseholes slowing down the whole process, lengthening the amount of time I have to spend with the hoi polloi.

Similarly the idiots who sling a bag over their shoulder that blocks the left hand side, which means you have to forcibly move it out of your way.

It's infuriating; there are signs everywhere on the Tube advising you to stand on the right and yet you'll still have arseholes slowing down the whole process, lengthening the amount of time I have to spend with the hoi polloi.

Similarly the idiots who sling a bag over their shoulder that blocks the left hand side, which means you have to forcibly move it out of your way.

'The hoi polloi' says the pleb. See, this is one of the things that peeves me about London, all these rude, impatient, arses with pretensions above their station.

'The hoi polloi' says the pleb. See, this is one of the things that peeves me about London, all these rude, impatient, arses with pretensions above their station.

As if I'm going to take lessons on this from the likes of you. ;)

Edited by The Fish

You flicked his oyster card out of his hands? bit of a cunts trick that like. If he'd bothered you that much (by voicing his frustration because you were being inconsiderate) why didn't you apologise for not seeing him or just tell him to fuck off? :lol:

was one of these doofers, maybe his ticket was in it or something (what kinda man carries them anyway, there's a space in your wallet for cards)

If you've got one of those touch-to-pay bank cards like (say) Barclays have then you can't touch your Oyster through your wallet because they interfere with each other. And if you're going to have to get your card out of your wallet to touch in/out, might as well have it easier to hand in its own mini-wallet.

It's a hard life.

People not putting equipment away in the gym when they've finished with it, or alternating between about 5 different exercises in a circuit type thing, meaning there's very little left for anyone else to use.

People sighing, can't bear it (especially if it's someone sighing while on the toilet at work)

Someone coming up to me and starting a sentence with "I know you're on your lunch, but.." and proceeding to ask a long and boring work question while I've got a sandwich in my mouth.

Contestants on Masterchef who get so far in then announce that they've never cooked fish, or something else really basic. They should be booted out on the spot.

Sighing reminds me of another one - fucking whistlers! There's a certain infuriating chirpy arrogance about someone that thinks it's ok to pollute the airwaves by whistling. Shut the fuck up.

Russians at work talking to each other in Russian - I've had two colleagues sitting at my desk discussing something with me talking to each other and then involving me with one sentence in English then immediately switching back to Russian when addressing each other - never happened when I was at the German bank.

Also since it's now impending FUCKING PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS.

Russians at work talking to each other in Russian - I've had two colleagues sitting at my desk discussing something with me talking to each other and then involving me with one sentence in English then immediately switching back to Russian when addressing each other - never happened when I was at the German bank.

Also since it's now impending FUCKING PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS.

Didn't know you were a banker!