Absolut Vodka

Toonraider

I remember from various alcohol discussions on here (particulary involving Vodka) that you lot seem pretty informed with the subject ;) I've bought hubby some Raspberry absolut Vodka (now wrapped up under the tree) Must admit Im very tempted to open it and buy another tomorow!! Whats it like? Looks yummy!!!!

I remember from various alcohol discussions on here (particulary involving Vodka) that you lot seem pretty informed with the subject ;) I've bought hubby some Raspberry absolut Vodka (now wrapped up under the tree) Must admit Im very tempted to open it and buy another tomorow!! Whats it like? Looks yummy!!!!

It's gorgeous straight from the freezer mmmmmm

Raspberry Absolut is alright from the freezer and served with crushed raspberries.If you want a straight drinking vodka for gawd's sake SKIP Grey Goose. Try one called Zyr. Heaven I tell you.

Lush :yes I like the blackcurrant one too.

I havent seen that one ;)

Its still under the tree!! But I'll tell hubby to pop it in freezer. Might get a bottle of that Guyilan (sp) liqueur to try. (lbelgian choccys)

• 2 weeks later...
vodka is really pretty flavourless on its own - which is why Whisky is a better drink

Totally agree with you there. A nice malt is a far nicer tipple than neat vodka.

somewhere I have a copy of a cartoon (from Helsinki) of a guy feeding a Moose a bottle of Finlandia and it pissing into a bottle marked Absolut

might improve the flavour of course

somewhere I have a copy of a cartoon (from Helsinki) of a guy feeding a Moose a bottle of Finlandia and it pissing into a bottle marked Absolut

might improve the flavour of course

:good:

:good: Anyone been to the Absolut ice bar in london? Fantastic Below zero its called just of regent street, areal treat if you like vodka, and like the cold its -40 in there!!!

4 absoluts later and freezing cold i couldnt see walking down regent street!!! Happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:good: Anyone been to the Absolut ice bar in london? Fantastic Below zero its called just of regent street, areal treat if you like vodka, and like the cold its -40 in there!!!

4 absoluts later and freezing cold i couldnt see walking down regent street!!! Happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funnily enough it was on a program I was watching yesterday, I'd love to go there though looked very expensive. Don't like Vodka myself or whisky, both taste vile to me. Though I enjoy Baileys.

Used to like Absolut, but as with everything else my tastes have matured. Of the variety I like Raspberry Absolut the best. I prefer Stolichnaya now, although will have Grey Goose, Sky or Finlandia depending on what's available.

The flavoured Stolis are probably nicer too. The vanilla one, for example, has a much more subtle taste and isn't so sickly sweet.

I like Polish or Rusian if I have to drink it - but some of the stuff you get in Russia.....................

a lot of the locals swear by a brand called "three Friends" - it has a bucolic picture of drinking peasants on the front - it's normally a pop top rather than a screw top. Apprently it is bad form to drink on your own in russia - but if you drink with three friends................ :good::rolleyes: :rolleyes: