NUFC v Derby County

NobbySol

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to believe that we have moved up the table to 9th place after a shitty performence against the bottom team who very nearly beat us. I guess we have Blackburn to thank for our rise. :lol:

I think the saddest part about the debacle today is that in 10 away games Derby have only scored 3 times and 2 of the 3 fucking goals were against us. B)

Just how shit can this league really be? How the fuck we can be in 9th is astonishing. Cracks are not papered over by that, the whole bastard wall is rebuilt!

Xmas turkey out in full force this year :lol:

Absolute shocking performance against the bottom side,get out of jail free card has been used in the last 3 games now!

Fuck off Allardyce your shit B)

:edit: this was Derby fucking county and the Boo boys had a bit sympathy?? this whole set up cracks me up!!

Edited by @yourservice

yeah! Sack him, that'll bring out the best in the team. We'll play better under anyonje3 else than under him, we're bound to move up the table...

fucking hell you lot need to get a grip.

look at the team sheets of the top half premiership teams. then look at ours. If you think we deserve (even on paper) to be higher than we are, you're a fucking idiot.

we're an average side, playing average football. You might think it's the worst shite in the history of the premiership, but you're wrong.

You might think we should be playing attractive football, with our players, but if you do... then you're wrong.

I'm not happy with the result, but I'd prefer to be in the position we are now, than the positions we found ourselves in with Souness and Roeder. Fickle doesn't do you justice tbh

we're not playing good football or sitting in a European spot and you lot want rid of hthe manager... are you mental? we're not worthy of a European spot and we haven't the players to play good football. I'd rather we solidified this season adn bought some flair players in the January window or Summer. Honestly it's like you lot honestly believe we're the same team that Keegan left or at the least the one that Robson left. We're not, we're nowhere near that team.

but oh aye, lets sack another manager, that'll fucking sort everything :lol: grow up, the lot of you.

yeah! Sack him, that'll bring out the best in the team. We'll play better under anyonje3 else than under him, we're bound to move up the table...

look at the team sheets of the top half premiership teams. then look at ours. If you think we deserve (even on paper) to be higher than we are, you're a fucking idiot.

we're an average side, playing average football. You might think it's the worst shite in the history of the premiership, but you're wrong.

You might think we should be playing attractive football, with our players, but if you do... then you're wrong.

I'm not happy with the result, but I'd prefer to be in the position we are now, than the positions we found ourselves in with Souness and Roeder. Fickle doesn't do you justice tbh

we're not playing good football or sitting in a European spot and you lot want rid of hthe manager... are you mental? we're not worthy of a European spot and we haven't the players to play good football. I'd rather we solidified this season adn bought some flair players in the January window or Summer. Honestly it's like you lot honestly believe we're the same team that Keegan left or at the least the one that Robson left. We're not, we're nowhere near that team.

but oh aye, lets sack another manager, that'll fucking sort everything :lol: grow up, the lot of you.

Nah lets keep Allardyce !!!

Lets sit back and watch what years 3,4,5 and 6 of the Souness régime would have been like.

Lets sit back and watch what years 3,4,5 and 6 of the Souness régime would have been like.

Jimbo man, I appreciate a lot of what you say, but you've proven over the last three managers you're the first to call for their heads. While you've been a decent judge of character for the first two (not that it would take a fucking genius) but you're being far far to presumptious in your assesment here.

If you Honestly HONESTLY think that Allardyce is as bad a amanger as Souness (despite taking Bolton to European competion over time, playing effective football and doing it all no a smaller budget) then I guess there's no changing your mind. But if that's what you honestly believe then I wonder what football you expect from a mid-table club like Newcastle United, because face facts, we're lgiht years off the top four, we're a good three or four quality signings off the following pack of four.

Right now, 9th place, that is where Newcastle United belongs right now. If you're wistfully wishing for European football or football of grace and style we see when we reminisce about a decade ago, then you really need to reassess. We're not there anymore, we're miles from it.

Jimbo man, I appreciate a lot of what you say, but you've proven over the last three managers you're the first to call for their heads. While you've been a decent judge of character for the first two (not that it would take a fucking genius) but you're being far far to presumptious in your assesment here.

If you Honestly HONESTLY think that Allardyce is as bad a amanger as Souness (despite taking Bolton to European competion over time, playing effective football and doing it all no a smaller budget) then I guess there's no changing your mind. But if that's what you honestly believe then I wonder what football you expect from a mid-table club like Newcastle United, because face facts, we're lgiht years off the top four, we're a good three or four quality signings off the following pack of four.

Right now, 9th place, that is where Newcastle United belongs right now. If you're wistfully wishing for European football or football of grace and style we see when we reminisce about a decade ago, then you really need to reassess. We're not there anymore, we're miles from it.

Not sure about others, can only speak for myself, but my main gripe with Allardyce is him constantly playing players out of position. With Smith starting the last few games up front I thought he'd finally leared his lesson, but then today he goes and drops him back into midfield. I know he needs time (and I'm willing to be patient) but surely the basics of playing players in their natural position doesn't need time? It's basic stuff.

There's also the lack of creativity in the side, Emre has his critics (and in the past I've been one of them), but right now he's the most creative player we've got, and a damn sight more creative than a midfield consisting of Butt, Barton and Smith.

But aye, I do agree with you that we aren't good enough for Europe and alot of our fans probably think we're better than what we actually are (not saying Jimbo is one of them)

Edited by Paul

Eriksson's managed it tbf....I have to admit I didn't fancy him here but it shows that all this 5 year plan shite it just BS from BS....

To be fair, Eriksson has spent a lot of money and while they had a good start to the season it's starting to slow down. They're dependant on Elano and if you can stifle him I believe you can quieten their team. They're awesome at home so far, but suspect away. Yes they're doing better than we have but their big gambles have paid off. Elano and Petrov were in no way guaranteed to adapt so well to the premiership, but I'm willing to put money on the supposition that Manchester city have a better scouting network than we do. They've also benefitted from Richards, Johnson and a couple of fringe youngsters maturing at the right time. We haven't the same youth coming through.

I'm not saying that it'll take 5 years like Sam says, but I'm adamant it'll take longer than 6 months.

Perhaps you're right, perhaps my expectations are too high.

But as I've said in previous posts, I'm not too disapointed with the league position, I'm disapointed with performances, tactics, morale, substitutions, team selection, to name but a few, whilst I may be playing "mystic Jimbo" but I don't believe Allardyce is the man to take us further, and time will either prove me right or wrong, if Allardyce is given time.

I think we are very very fortunate that the likes of Portsmouth, Villa, Blackburn etc have had a mini slump whilst we have picked up some rather jammy points, if not we could be looking at the table in a very different light.

Perhaps you're right, perhaps my expectations are too high.

But as I've said in previous posts, I'm not too disapointed with the league position, I'm disapointed with performances, tactics, morale, substitutions, team selection, to name but a few, whilst I may be playing "mystic Jimbo" but I don't believe Allardyce is the man to take us further, and time will either prove me right or wrong, if Allardyce is given time.

I think we are very very fortunate that the likes of Portsmouth, Villa, Blackburn etc have had a mini slump whilst we have picked up some rather jammy points, if not we could be looking at the table in a very different light.

QFT.

Both skol and fish to answer your posts here and in the Allardyce out thread, to back up jimbo further I'll quote my last post in the v fulham match and from the discussion with Happy Face.

Things within the club have changed and changed considerably to the point of where Allardyce was a great signing by Shepherd, he's totally the wrong manager under Mort and Ashley. The expectation of the club has changed from consolidation and slowly rebuilding to let's build an exciting team now. And I just think the task is beyond Allardyce and like that feeling we all had that Souness would be a failure, I get that with Allardyce because he's exhibiting similar traits.

By the way I don't want him sacked, I actually would like to see him rebuild the clubs infrastructure behind the scenes.

I just want him away from the first team management and not making the decisions regarding first team transfers.

Edited by sammynb

QFT.

Both skol and fish to answer your posts here and in the Allardyce out thread, to back up jimbo further I'll quote my last post in the v fulham match and from the discussion with Happy Face.

Things within the club have changed and changed considerably to the point of where Allardyce was a great signing by Shepherd, he's totally the wrong manager under Mort and Ashley. The expectation of the club has changed from consolidation and slowly rebuilding to let's build an exciting team now. And I just think the task is beyond Allardyce and like that feeling we all had that Souness would be a failure, I get that with Allardyce because he's exhibiting similar traits.

By the way I don't want him sacked, I actually would like to see him rebuild the clubs infrastructure behind the scenes.

I just want him away from the first team management and not making the decisions regarding first team transfers.

That expectation is massively out of synch with reality. and therein lies the problem.

QFT.

That expectation is massively out of synch with reality. and therein lies the problem.

What crap Dave.

And it's not the average supporters expectation, its Mort's and Ashley's and that is why Allardyce isn't the man for the job.

He knows deep down it's above him and his current starting line-ups/formations/substitutions aren't what any sane man would do.

edit: by the way there is no mention of top 4, 6 or 10 because those expectation aren't what it is about, it's about building the team to be competitive and challenging for those positions in near the future, something he's not show any signs of as well.

Edited by sammynb

QFT.

How the hell do you know for certain that Ashley will spend Abramovich style money on the squad?

Nobody knows that Sammy, probably not even Chris Mort. Sure Ashley is rich but that does not equate to us spending like Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester Utd.

Fish is right, people's expectations are so off the planet it is a joke. I'm no fan of the way the team is playing atm, but ffs we are 9th, and when you consider the squad of players we have this season, 9th is actually good. The teams above us deserve to be above us quite frankly because they have better squads. There are one or two below us who arguably have better squads than us as well.

The team is playing ugly. There's no doubt about that and it is our luck that Derby decided to play with a bit of determination and flamboyancy that flustered the side. It was a shame Alan Smith didn't pick up a yellow card to give him a "rest" in our next game because obviously Allardyce will refuse to drop him, David Rozenhal is weak and not up for Premiership football, we have no pace at all except for N'Zogbia, Martins' control is pathetic but there aren't any other options atm, there is nothing on the right hand side by way of pace except for Beye who is playing well enough but the team has too many grafters in it. The fact Derby outplayed us shows how inept our midfield is atm, and for Allardyce to say we outplayed Derby is completely daft. To think Nicky Butt is one of our best shows how shit we are as a squad of players.

That is the reality of the situation.

Allardyce needs to bring in players. It's that simple. He needs to bring in some pace. At the very least an AM, and striker that can spark the side a little. If he does not do this, or more importantly isn't allowed to do this in January, then his future is sealed and he will be sacked at the end of the season imo.

One positive about last night was the return of Duff. If he can stay injury free, then N'Zogbia at LB and Duff at LM could be a very dangerous proposition for opposing teams the remainder of this season. That, Beye's form and Viduka saving our arses were the only positives out of a very forgettable game.

QFT.

How the hell do you know for certain that Ashley will spend Abramovich style money on the squad?

Nobody knows that Sammy, probably not even Chris Mort. Sure Ashley is rich but that does not equate to us spending like Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester Utd.

Fish is right, people's expectations are so off the planet it is a joke. I'm no fan of the way the team is playing atm, but ffs we are 9th, and when you consider the squad of players we have this season, 9th is actually good. The teams above us deserve to be above us quite frankly because they have better squads. There are one or two below us who arguably have better squads than us as well.

The team is playing ugly. There's no doubt about that and it is our luck that Derby decided to play with a bit of determination and flamboyancy that flustered the side. It was a shame Alan Smith didn't pick up a yellow card to give him a "rest" in our next game because obviously Allardyce will refuse to drop him, David Rozenhal is weak and not up for Premiership football, we have no pace at all except for N'Zogbia, Martins' control is pathetic but there aren't any other options atm, there is nothing on the right hand side by way of pace except for Beye who is playing well enough but the team has too many grafters in it. The fact Derby outplayed us shows how inept our midfield is atm, and for Allardyce to say we outplayed Derby is completely daft. To think Nicky Butt is one of our best shows how shit we are as a squad of players.

That is the reality of the situation.

Allardyce needs to bring in players. It's that simple. He needs to bring in some pace. At the very least an AM, and striker that can spark the side a little. If he does not do this, or more importantly isn't allowed to do this in January, then his future is sealed and he will be sacked at the end of the season imo.

One positive about last night was the return of Duff. If he can stay injury free, then N'Zogbia at LB and Duff at LM could be a very dangerous proposition for opposing teams the remainder of this season. That, Beye's form and Viduka saving our arses were the only positives out of a very forgettable game.

Ken, you're right I don't know.

But you can bet your last dollar he didn't Newcastle to turn us into Bolton.

And I disagree with all this talk about us having a below average squad.

Out of the fit players we had yesterday how can anyone argue that a team of:

shay

beye taylor/roz cacapa enrique

milner barton/butt emre n'zogbia

martins viduka

Playing 4-4-2

with a bench of

roz/taylor barton/butt duff smith harper

should even consider a draw with derby an acceptable outcome.

How can people not see, we have the players that are capable for better than what is being served up.

Insisting on playing Smith Barton Butt and Geremi in the one team is a joke.

Roz isn't as bad as people make out, any defender is going to be massacred if they don't have a midfield in front of them.

Besides one bad game against Liverpool and it's not as Enrique was the only one at fault that day, what the fuck has he done wrong to be 2nd choice behind a LM playing LB?

Those that want to support Allardyce keep pointing to our "weak" squad, but fucking hell it's not weak, Souness and Roeder had less to work with numbers wise.

What is weak is the team the manager constantly keeps putting on the pitch.

Allardyce is too stupid to see if he played 442 with his players in proper positions and wasnt getting the results he would probably be afforded the time to work on the team and show us what he can do. When the last ten games have been as shit as they are though and he insists on playing 433 with square pegs in round holes he deserves everything he gets!

I dont think Ive met a fan yet who doesnt want to see milner and charlie on the wings!

Pretty crap. Plus point was Viduka looking slimmer, fitter and quicker than I think I've ever seen him.

I noticed today the big difference between viduka and smith is that viduka only needs a split second to get a shot off. Smith on the other hand needs a touch, a look at goal, a heeeouuuge back lift and then a swing at mid air as the defender takes the ball off him. Just look at our first goal yesterday for proof.

Pretty crap. Plus point was Viduka looking slimmer, fitter and quicker than I think I've ever seen him.

I noticed today the big difference between viduka and smith is that viduka only needs a split second to get a shot off. Smith on the other hand needs a touch, a look at goal, a heeeouuuge back lift and then a swing at mid air as the defender takes the ball off him. Just look at our first goal yesterday for proof.

Tbf that's probably a confidence thing. If Smith got a proper[/souness] run in his favoured position then he'd start banging them in. Unfortunately, with the big fat loon we currently have in charge, that doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon. :lol:

Smith will never be prolific but I agree he will keep improving if he plays upfront. Should he get a game there ahead of Owen or Martins alongside Viduka though? I don't think he should and you just know he will be accomodated in midfield when everyone is fit.

If I was given the option of being 9th at this stage of the season I probably would have taken it and while they say the table doesn't lie it certainly doesn't tell the full story.

We've dropped lots of silly points this season and where we have picked up points we've often looked less than convincing in our performance, this coupled with the basic fucking errors that Allardyce keeps making is frustrating and I can't help but think that when our luck runs out we'll stop 'papering over the cracks' and be exposed for the crock of badly organised shit that we are, perhaps then the Allardyce apologists will open their eyes and see him for what he really is.

If we're still in the top half of the table at the start of February I'll eat my ball bag.