2 rants from today

peasepud

Number 1, Ive ranted about this before but today just proved my case.

Ball boys/ girls. - Its time we cancelled whatever agreement we have and brought in the youth team or for that matter local school teams. Yet again today there were occasions where the ball person didnt know what to do or just didnt bother to do it. I especially noticed it at the East Stand near the SJH corner, young lad there clearly didnt want to be there and didnt know what he was supposed to do while there. Its not the 1st time, the Liverpool game had the ridiculous sight of Given legging it 40 yards over the the East Stand and vaulting over the barriers to retrieve the ball, would another injury to our first choice keeper be more cost effective than organising the ball persons properly? I think not.

Rant #2, the half time refreshments.

Not sure whats going on lately, maybe its the cold weather or maybe the pies now contain heroin but suddenly the queues for refreshments seem to be much bigger. Now thats not the clubs fault, in fact its a good thing overall however stand number 4 in the SJH lower level is a joke. They have two Queue Here signs, one at each end of the counter and orderly queues form and are served. Today however it appears that once some wanker thought it would be a good idea to create a new queue in the middle therefore saving them queueing. The clueless staff started serving them and next thing you know those of us that've been waiting 5 mins are now another 20 people back!

One bloke had the bright idea of arguing the situation with the chip monkey serving who then went to get his "manageress" I swear, this was another great advert against the minimum wage, we pay peanuts we get monkeys. The lass (looking like a slightly scrubbed up Vicky Pollard) then proceeded to argue that it wasnt her fault and kept bringing a further two chip monkeys into the disccussion while the rest gawped gormlessly on, therefore holding things up even more. The result? I got a bovril 5 mins into the second half after queuing from 2 mins after the end of the 1st and then finding they had no food left.

Scarily, while in the queue I made a statement I never thought I would "it wasnt like this under Shepherd"

The food served up is disgusting. At half time I went down and queued. got there and they had no pies/pasties. The burgers had only just been put on the shelf. Surely half time didnt take them by surprise? Anyway, bit into my burger and it was shocking. The amount of grease that dripped out. Anyway, I took it back and just said that for the money they are charging you'd expect something half decent. I didnt accept their offer of a replacement.

As for the ball boys, getting more of a waste of time.

:lol: We've been saying for years where we sit that we have the worst ball boys in the league. An overstatement perhaps but fuck me! They're hopeless. NUFC all over tbh.

Ball boys/ girls. - Its time we cancelled whatever agreement we have and brought in the youth team or for that matter local school teams. Yet again today there were occasions where the ball person didnt know what to do or just didnt bother to do it. I especially noticed it at the East Stand near the SJH corner, young lad there clearly didnt want to be there and didnt know what he was supposed to do while there. Its not the 1st time, the Liverpool game had the ridiculous sight of Given legging it 40 yards over the the East Stand and vaulting over the barriers to retrieve the ball, would another injury to our first choice keeper be more cost effective than organising the ball persons properly? I think not.

:lol:

I was gonna make a thread about the ballboys like, the ones in the east stand just didnt move, if I was a 10 year old ballboy at SJP I'd be sprinting for every ball that came remotley near me.

Guest stevieintoon

I felt sorry for the little lad. "GET THE FUCKIN BAAL YA DAFT CUNT" comments to a kid surely no older than 7, have no place at SJP. When he didn't get it, he sat their with his head in his hands knowing he had fucked up.

In 1991/1992 I was a ballboy for some game and I loved it apart from the fact the tracksuits were too small and I always ended up with the pair with a hole in the arse cheek. Thing is I was 13 or so at the time, and knew what I was doing, the ball boys now seem about like I say 6-8 years of age.

Ball boys always get it in the neck, I remember years ago England were playing Israel, and the ball boy scrambled to get the ball as fast as he could and the usually mild mannered Ray Wilkins rushed over and went "GIMME THAT FAAAAAAAAAKING BAWW".

On a seperate note, the biggest disgrace for me was the arsehole police, and the arsehole stewards in Level 7, they took 5 or 6 people out and took their addresses, if you're reading WE WILL NEVER SIT DOWN FOR 90 MINUTES YOU ARSEHOLES, so give it up.

I felt sorry for the little lad. "GET THE FUCKIN BAAL YA DAFT CUNT" comments to a kid surely no older than 7, have no place at SJP. When he didn't get it, he sat their with his head in his hands knowing he had fucked up.

In 1991/1992 I was a ballboy for some game and I loved it apart from the fact the tracksuits were too small and I always ended up with the pair with a hole in the arse cheek. Thing is I was 13 or so at the time, and knew what I was doing, the ball boys now seem about like I say 6-8 years of age.

Ball boys always get it in the neck, I remember years ago England were playing Israel, and the ball boy scrambled to get the ball as fast as he could and the usually mild mannered Ray Wilkins rushed over and went "GIMME THAT FAAAAAAAAAKING BAWW".

On a seperate note, the biggest disgrace for me was the arsehole police, and the arsehole stewards in Level 7, they took 5 or 6 people out and took their addresses, if you're reading WE WILL NEVER SIT DOWN FOR 90 MINUTES YOU ARSEHOLES, so give it up.

Stevie for ballboy! :lol:

:lol:B):lol:

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

Rant #2, the half time refreshments.

Not sure whats going on lately, maybe its the cold weather or maybe the pies now contain heroin but suddenly the queues for refreshments seem to be much bigger. Now thats not the clubs fault, in fact its a good thing overall however stand number 4 in the SJH lower level is a joke. They have two Queue Here signs, one at each end of the counter and orderly queues form and are served. Today however it appears that once some wanker thought it would be a good idea to create a new queue in the middle therefore saving them queueing. The clueless staff started serving them and next thing you know those of us that've been waiting 5 mins are now another 20 people back!

One bloke had the bright idea of arguing the situation with the chip monkey serving who then went to get his "manageress" I swear, this was another great advert against the minimum wage, we pay peanuts we get monkeys. The lass (looking like a slightly scrubbed up Vicky Pollard) then proceeded to argue that it wasnt her fault and kept bringing a further two chip monkeys into the disccussion while the rest gawped gormlessly on, therefore holding things up even more. The result? I got a bovril 5 mins into the second half after queuing from 2 mins after the end of the 1st and then finding they had no food left.

Scarily, while in the queue I made a statement I never thought I would "it wasnt like this under Shepherd"

a new cliche :lol:

I dont advocate abusing the ball persons after all it appears they're only there because some fathers forced them into it. The importance we place on everything else these days though you would think that the club would take into account the time lost chasing the ball. Theres been some ridiculous examples over the last season or so though of kids not knowing whether it was a corner or goal kick, not bothering to get the ball or my own favourite, the teenage lass who was so starstruck by Given she ran over and gigglingly handed him it (just for him to boot it over to the corner flag :lol:).

I'm not sure if it was the ball boy or someone in the crowd but towards the end of the game the ball went out for a goal kick and whoever it was launched it over their keepers head and nearly out of the area.

Just what you want when you're going for the win.

:huh:

We're like Iraqis after Saddam.

Better off but still ungrateful :lol: