If Shearer becomes manager

Ketsbaia

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

no evidence what-so-ever that he can do the jb and people want him in already.

take your black and white glasses off for a day or so and see how ridiculous you sound.

Like you're an expert....

FFS. We've had loads of this-is-our-man-OH-NO-he-is-a-shit manager . Just look at XXL Sam.

Was there any evidence our best manager over the last 30+ years didn't have ANY managerial experience ??

:huh:

The fact it worked with Keegan doesn't provide any evidence that good ex-players with no experience of management will do well or, more specifically, that Shearer would do well though, does it? And as, Ritchie alludes to, he wasn't the best when it came to on the field leadership imo so I'm not sure where this assumption he'd be a good motivator comes from either. I see appointing Shearer as a completely unneccessary risk. I'd rather stick with Allardyce for now.

I've got too much admiration and respect for Shearer. I would rather him work in the lower leagues first to game some experience whilst finishing his badges. Eventually be groomed as a top class coach along a oood #1 and then maybe...just maybe join the Toon.

Hopefully not too late like Sir Bobby, who joined the Toon way too late. :good:

I used to think that I would never like to see him here, I would hate to see it go tits up and his repuation amongst the fans tarnished. This is coming from someone who never hero worshipped Shearer either. However, I've always had this feeling in my water that Shearer will make some club an excellent manager. Whether that is us or not I'm not sure.