Souness Has A Heart Afterall

Tooj

anyone see Souness give that lad from Blackburn an autographed Shearer shirt after ze match? just quite shocked that Graeme does indeed have a heart

34941[/snapback]

Oh ffs. Jesus wept. :razz:

It proves absolutely nothing man!

Edit: Oh yeah, everyone who saw it on Sky would have seen it, obviously.

Edited by Renton

anyone see Souness give that lad from Blackburn an autographed Shearer shirt after ze match? just quite shocked that Graeme does indeed have a heart

34941[/snapback]

34943[/snapback]

Give him a break, he made a disabled kids day. Whether you rate him as a manager or not you can't pick holes in that.

theres a bit on online,Q+A with a blackburn fan and he says souness was very good with the fans ,esp the disabled ones.strangely also i know a few people who have met souness and they say what a fantastic bloke he is.

then again i've met peter reid and he was a cracking bloke!

theres a bit on online,Q+A with a blackburn fan and he says souness was very good with the fans ,esp the disabled ones.strangely also i know a few people who have met souness and they say what a fantastic bloke he is.

34956[/snapback]

Of all the footballers I've met, Keegan was something special.

This was during his hay day (as manager) when he was full of optimism and had something about him - he could give a truely inspirational talk to a group of strangers off the cuff.

Of course I'm not knocking Souness for hs actions here - but neither will I give him credit - to me this is part of his job. And to be petty - I admit - I can't understand why he personally has to deliver shirts when apparently he hasn't got time to do an after match talk.

34956[/snapback]

Of all the footballers I've met, Keegan was something special.

This was during his hay day (as manager) when he was full of optimism and had something about him - he could give a truely inspirational talk to a group of strangers off the cuff.

Of course I'm not knocking Souness for hs actions here - but neither will I give him credit - to me this is part of his job. And to be petty - I admit - I can't understand why he personally has to deliver shirts when apparently he hasn't got time to do an after match talk.

34966[/snapback]

Keegan was brillant, back when everyone used to watch them train at Durham and it was like a huge spectacle

34941[/snapback]

34943[/snapback]

Pathetic but by no means unexpected response from Renton to a good deed from Souness.

34941[/snapback]

Oh ffs. Jesus wept. :blink:

34943[/snapback]

Pathetic but by no means unexpected response from Renton to a good deed from Souness.

35021[/snapback]

Seeing as he couldn't have a go at Souness for the result or the performance he needed to have a go for something :razz:

34941[/snapback]

34943[/snapback]

35021[/snapback]

Seeing as he couldn't have a go at Souness for the result or the performance he needed to have a go for something :razz:

35028[/snapback]

I posted this on skunkers last night on a similar thread.....

My aunt is the tea lady, (yes the same one who starred in the Bowyer Dyer press conference.)

She has been tea lady there for over 50 years, her name is Cath Cassidy.

Last week she had a heart attack and was hospitalised for the week, when she came home GS and Terry Mac appeared at the door with Dean Saunders.

They spent a good 2 hours there making sure she was ok.

I'm biased as its my family but what a gent, she was made up, even though she has had the company of Toon managers every week over the last 50 years she thought it was a nice touch, so did the rest of the family.

Best thing was, before they got there they got the wrong house in battle hill, and had to be redirected by a bloke down the street, imagine what he was thinking.

34941[/snapback]

34943[/snapback]

35021[/snapback]

35028[/snapback]

My aunt is the tea lady, (yes the same one who starred in the Bowyer Dyer press conference.)

Last week she had a heart attack and was hospitalised for the week, when she came home GS and Terry Mac appeared at the door with Dean Saunders.

I'm biased as its my family but what a gent, she was made up, even though she has had the company of Toon managers every week over the last 50 years she thought it was a nice touch, so did the rest of the family.

Best thing was, before they got there they got the wrong house in battle hill, and had to be redirected by a bloke down the street, imagine what he was thinking.

35048[/snapback]

Nice one. Hope your aunt gets better an'all mate.

34941[/snapback]

34943[/snapback]

35021[/snapback]

35028[/snapback]

You're wrong about not having a go at the performance - personally I thought it was shit.

And Gemmill, read my reply, I'm not knocking the bloke, but I really think his actions are to be expected. A lot of us help out with charitys and stuff without expecting to get threads about how nice a person we are.

I mentioned I was being petty about the after match talk, but I'm just being curious, that's all. His assistant said he didn't have time to give one when we won, which struck me as a bit odd, that's all.

So once again I am not having a dig, I just can't see what the fuss was about.

34941[/snapback]

34943[/snapback]

35021[/snapback]

35028[/snapback]

35048[/snapback]

Nice one. Let's hope she's back making the brews asap.

34941[/snapback]

Oh ffs. Jesus wept. :o

34943[/snapback]

35021[/snapback]

35028[/snapback]

You're wrong about not having a go at the performance - personally I thought it was shit.

And Gemmill, read my reply, I'm not knocking the bloke, but I really think his actions are to be expected. A lot of us help out with charitys and stuff without expecting to get threads about how nice a person we are.

I mentioned I was being petty about the after match talk, but I'm just being curious, that's all. His assistant said he didn't have time to give one when we won, which struck me as a bit odd, that's all.

So once again I am not having a dig, I just can't see what the fuss was about.

35057[/snapback]

Ah, that's better :blink:

Cheers, I think she was more bothered at missing the Owen press conference.

35054[/snapback]

Was it her that interrupted Bowyer and Dyer's apology press conference? :razz:

35060[/snapback]

Aye it was, she was on soccer AM and everything that week, she even got into lads mag nuts or zoo. :blink:

We watch the press conferences for the odd glimpse, the Dyer Bowyer one was classic though.

I think that all the Liverpool players who went through the Hillsborough/ Brussels era are very considerate about the fans

Remember all those funerals - with players at each one?

That marks you for sure..........................

Cheers, I think she was more bothered at missing the Owen press conference.

35054[/snapback]

Was it her that interrupted Bowyer and Dyer's apology press conference? :razz:

35060[/snapback]

Aye it was, she was on soccer AM and everything that week, she even got into lads mag nuts or zoo. :blink:

We watch the press conferences for the odd glimpse, the Dyer Bowyer one was classic though.

35088[/snapback]

That was class!