F: Alan Smith ©

F: Oba Martins

Subs: Steve Harper, David Rozehnal, Emre, Michael Owen, Mark Viduka

Butt should be captian like...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if he doesn't want/expect to win and the performance doesn't really matter, what the fuck is he bothering for?

What the fuck are the fans who've paid £50 to watch it supposed to think?

I honestly don't care how many games we win or lose from now on - I just want this bastard sacked.

He said that the 'focus' should be getting results against the smaller teams, ie. it's the most important thing. I agree. He also said that if Chelsea play to their very best, we could still play very well and lose. This is also true.

As I said that's one angle - viewing it from mine it reduces the games against the good teams to token efforts.

It also means that if you don't do the business against the lesser teams, you're screwed.

The home performance against Arsenal doesn't suggest we write off the games against the big teams. Although the one against Liverpool did.

Indeed it doesnt, but Sams comment suggests we should focus like that on winnable games not the games like Arsenal. I;d rather he said "We should focus on the more winnable games as well as against the bigger clubs"

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statisti...,,12306,00.html

As i mentioned before, check out the bookings. Essien has 5, the 5th coming against Villa on Boxing Day, so why is he playing today? Bet he scores two today now! Or maybe we'll get pasted 4-0 before the F.A award us the three points for Chelski fielding an ineligible player?!

1451: TEAM NEWS Chelsea v Newcastle

Chelsea make seven changes with Hilario, John Mikel Obi, Michael Ballack, Wayne Bridge, Tal Ben-Haim, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Juliano Belletti coming in. Michael Owen is on the bench for Newcastle after six weeks out, while Geremi, Emre and Mark Viduka make way for Nicky Butt, Claudio Cacapa and Obafemi Martins.

As i mentioned before, check out the bookings. Essien has 5, the 5th coming against Villa on Boxing Day, so why is he playing today? Bet he scores two today now! Or maybe we'll get pasted 4-0 before the F.A award us the three points for Chelski fielding an ineligible player?!

Because the suspension hasn't come into effect yet? What is it? A week or something after the 5th booking?

Because the suspension hasn't come into effect yet? What is it? A week or something after the 5th booking?

I know that used to be the case, but thought they changed it so it was effective immediately

Chelsea add: Injuries to Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini mean the Blues have untried 17-year-old Wales Under-21 international goalkeeper Rhys Taylor on the bench as their only back-up to Hilario.

He's not saying we shouldn't bother trying against the big teams, he's saying we should try to play our best against ALL the teams.

"Our focus has to be on the winnable games rather than putting all our focus on having to get a performance against the big boys"

Contradicts that doesn't it?

No it doesn't. Read the bit in bold - Sam feels we only concentrate on playing well against the big teams, which is wrong. He wants us to try to win the games we have a better chance of winning, but nowhere does he actually say 'don't bother against Chelsea, we'll get stuffed' or words to that effect.