N'Zogbia or Luque

LeazesMag

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I wasn't too bothered or upset when Luque got injured, because it would give Zoggy a good run in the side.

He got that at the end of last season, and had shown some very promising signs. At the start of this campaign he seemed a bit fazed by it all. But seems to have mearly been one step back and two steps forward now.

But I'm still sure Luque is much more of an acomplished player.

Got to be N'Zogbia for me if only because I've seen more of him to be able to pass judgement.

I would not be able to give an honest opinion on Luque because I've only witnessed about thirty minutes of him playing for the Toon.

IMO in that 30 minutes he looked poor but can't judge his level of fitness etc. TBH SOURNESS put him in the team and we will never know if he was 100% fit, not with SOURNESS' ideas of a fit to play team member. The injury he limped off with was not the one he came back carrying from international duty, or was it?

to say there is no contest is stupid!

when luque is fit we will see,otherwise you dont know!

34970[/snapback]

stupid twat yourself.

I have seen a player I think will be a top player, simple as that, and one who gives me doubts.

Edited by LeazesMag

to say there is no contest is stupid!

when luque is fit we will see,otherwise you dont know!

34970[/snapback]

stupid twat yourself.

I have seen a player I think will be a top player, simple as that, and one who gives me doubts.

35001[/snapback]

As I said in my previous post the only player that I can pass judgement on is N'Zogbia, like LM I too see a top drawer player but Luque leaves me with doubts. I have only 30 minutes to formulate an opinion of Luque, have you anything better to offer NUFC1984? In that 30 minutes Luque was awful.

N'Zogbia has impressed me whenever I've seen him, not least with his commitment to the cause and it's been good to see him get a couple of great goals in the last two games. Long term though I think he may be better suited to playing in the middle as I don't see him as an out and out left-winger. As for Luque, I think it's far too early to say. It will probably take him a long time to adapt to the different pace of the Premiership. Hopefully when he returns to action it will be to a team that is performing well as that will make it a lot easier for him to fit in.

Why not say Owen or Chopra, i've seen about as much of Chopra in the prem as i have of Luque, so both are utterly pointless questions.

Until Luque is match fit, never mind just physically fit and has actually played and finished some games in the team and not just been thrown in against manu and then injured against Fulham, i'm not goign to be stupid or arrogant enough to be making any sort of opinion on the bloke.

Zog looks very good if at times raw and erratic and hopefully will develop into a top class player. Anybody who has an opinion of Luque in the premiership now has an entirely irrelivent opinion.

Why not say Owen or Chopra, i've seen about as much of Chopra in the prem as i have of Luque, so both are utterly pointless questions.

Until Luque is match fit, never mind just physically fit and has actually played and finished some games in the team and not just been thrown in against manu and then injured against Fulham, i'm not goign to be stupid or arrogant enough to be making any sort of opinion on the bloke.

Zog looks very good if at times raw and erratic and hopefully will develop into a top class player. Anybody who has an opinion of Luque in the premiership now has an entirely irrelivent opinion.

35276[/snapback]

What he said.

I do like Zog as he brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm to our play imo. He's only young so, hopefully, he will have a great career ahead of him.

Not seen nearly enough of Luque to pass judgement.

35276[/snapback]

howay man PL....I think Zoggy has all the makings of a top player, whereas Luque seems a bit, er, erratic,....thats all. Time will tell, and sometimes these things stand out straightaway, in this case maybe, maybe not.

35276[/snapback]

howay man PL....I think Zoggy has all the makings of a top player, whereas Luque seems a bit, er, erratic,....thats all. Time will tell, and sometimes these things stand out straightaway, in this case maybe, maybe not.

35294[/snapback]

Its way to early to tell with Luque who hasn't come close to having a chance to show what he can (or can't) do yet, espeically when the likes of Henry and Pires took a whole season in a top class team to reach the right level!

I agree about Zog some of his touches, like the drag on the studs to fool Friedel and his freekick show the potential to be a genuine player and he combines it with a high tempo and energy and hoefully also will be a set piece taker of a high standard with time.

35276[/snapback]

35294[/snapback]

Its way to early to tell with Luque who hasn't come close to having a chance to show what he can (or can't) do yet, espeically when the likes of Henry and Pires took a whole season in a top class team to reach the right level!

I agree about Zog some of his touches, like the drag on the studs to fool Friedel and his freekick show the potential to be a genuine player and he combines it with a high tempo and energy and hoefully also will be a set piece taker of a high standard with time.

35300[/snapback]

Fantastic piece of class.

The BBC *spits* would be absolutely creaming their trousers if Thierry or Wayne had done that.

35276[/snapback]

35294[/snapback]

35300[/snapback]

The BBC *spits* would be absolutely creaming their trousers if Thierry or Wayne had done that.

35310[/snapback]

I think the word Jizz-fest springs to mind had Henry or Rooney done it!

35276[/snapback]

35294[/snapback]

35300[/snapback]

35310[/snapback]

I think the word Jizz-fest springs to mind had Henry or Rooney done it!

35312[/snapback]

same as Paddy K's backheel against Palace which was awesome, but everyone raved over Henry's against Charlton which was in my opinion alot more easy to execute than Kluivert's

35276[/snapback]

What he said.

I do like Zog as he brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm to our play imo. He's only young so, hopefully, he will have a great career ahead of him.

Not seen nearly enough of Luque to pass judgement.

35287[/snapback]

What he said !

Madness to right off Luque, he needs time to settle, as did Zoggy !

We haven't seen enough of Luque in the EPL to make a comparision between the two. I personally like the Zog, he's positive and got a bit of bottle about him which is a refreshing change, long may it continue. From the game and a quarter I've seen of Luque I'd say he'll need to get used to the pace and physical side of it, seemed to be barged off the ball quite easily and looked like he wanted more time. Although Owen's comments yesterday back up that argument that you get far more space in La Liga. Luque did show with his chance against Manure at the end and his pass to Shearer V Fulham that he's certainly no mug. The fact we might actually have some decent competition out on the left side is a reason to be cheerful!

Spanish players are historically not much cop in England.

Only Xabi Alonso really bucks the trend.

35553[/snapback]

Could also be affected by how many of the best ones we have actually had. Of the Spaniards who have agreed to leave La Liga i wonder how many were among the best from that country, i think the very top ones tend to stay in Spain on the whole.

Spanish players are historically not much cop in England.

Only Xabi Alonso really bucks the trend.

35553[/snapback]

Compared to other European nations such as France and Holland, there haven't been a great number of Spaniards in English football, certainly ones at their peak.

The reason they don't leave Spain is because they can't hack it.

I've seen nothing of Luque to suggest he is going to be any different. I hope I am wrong....