Milner

David Kelly

I know he is probably more of our fans favourite player at the moment than anyone else (mainly because I think we hate most of the rest of them) but it really is becoming clear to me that he's not anywhere near good enough.

Yes he works hard, has a great attitude and seems to be a better pro than most of his team mates who are much older but he has absolutely no quality in his delivery.

I'm getting absolutely sick of him just kicking the ball in the general direction of the box as if that makes a good delivery. Somehow he even get's to take set pieces despite virtually everyone hitting the first defender.

I know there are probably stronger contenders within our ranks for stick but somehow Milner seems to be spared from any criticism on the basis that his attitude was good when he had his transfer pulled at the last minute last season and it's getting on my nerves now.

He would be one of the first players I would replace at the moment.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he is probably more of our fans favourite player at the moment than anyone else (mainly because I think we hate most of the rest of them) but it really is becoming clear to me that he's not anywhere near good enough.

Yes he works hard, has a great attitude and seems to be a better pro than most of his team mates who are much older but he has absolutely no quality in his delivery.

I'm getting absolutely sick of him just kicking the ball in the general direction of the box as if that makes a good delivery. Somehow he even get's to take set pieces despite virtually everyone hitting the first defender.

I know there are probably stronger contenders within our ranks for stick but somehow Milner seems to be spared from any criticism on the basis that his attitude was good when he had his transfer pulled at the last minute last season and it's getting on my nerves now.

:good:

Before Geremi, Emre, Smith, Martins, Rozenhal, Viduka, Butt?

He looks like he has half decent games but he produces nothing. He's our main attacking midfielder and that's why we create fuck all.

Yeah, we play defensive minded tactics, punt 50 yard balls up to Martins and have two defensive midfielders sitting doing nothing.

That is not the reason why we don't create chances though, it's because of James Milner.

He's crap. An incident last night where he tried to be Ronaldo boiled my piss. And if he was even half the player of Ronaldo, he would be able to hit it with the outside of his right foot and curl it round the keeper. He's shit, but has a get out of jail card because we have other priorities apparently, as if creating chances isn't a priority in our situation!

He's crap. An incident last night where he tried to be Ronaldo boiled my piss. And if he was even half the player of Ronaldo, he would be able to hit it with the outside of his right foot and curl it round the keeper. He's shit, but has a get out of jail card because we have other priorities apparently, as if creating chances isn't a priority in our situation!

I used to like him initially but I always had doubts that he wanted it badly enough. He's not quick and despite his nice footwork he doesn't deliver the ball when it matters.

He never seems to have that killer ball in my opinion. The only thing that disguises it is that no other fucker in the team can cross, which is why we barely ever seem to score from corners/set pieces.

Last night where he went and beat the man again and then lost the ball as opposed to shooting well pissed me off :good:

Before Geremi, Emre, Smith, Martins, Rozenhal, Viduka, Butt?

Well Geremi and Emre aren't playing anyway and Butt is pretty effective at what he's supposed to do (playing alongside other defensively minded players doesn't help him).

The others could do with being shipped out too (especially Martins who is also gash) but I think more than anything else I am just pissed off that Milner is just as ineffective as the rest of them but seems to somehow avoid critisicsm and even get's talked about for an England call up when it seems blatently obvious to me that the lad has abolutly no quality and if he did have we would have won more games this season.

He never seems to have that killer ball in my opinion. The only thing that disguises it is that no other fucker in the team can cross, which is why we barely ever seem to score from corners/set pieces.

Last night where he went and beat the man again and then lost the ball as opposed to shooting well pissed me off :good:

N'Zogbia vs. Bolton

Owen vs. Everton

Cacapa vs. Spurs

Duberry OG vs. Reading

Martins vs. Blackburn

Beye vs. Birmingham

Not bad.

N'Zogbia vs. Bolton

Owen vs. Everton

Cacapa vs. Spurs

Duberry OG vs. Reading

Martins vs. Blackburn

Beye vs. Birmingham

Not bad.

Out of 21 games.

If Milner is to make it as a top player it'll have to be as a more central player because he simply doesn't have enough out wide. I like the lad too. Obviously there's no guarentee he'd play well in the middle but pace is less of an issue there.

If Milner is to make it as a top player it'll have to be as a more central player because he simply doesn't have enough out wide. I like the lad too. Obviously there's no guarentee he'd play well in the middle but pace is less of an issue there.

I agree with this. He's by no means our biggest problem in the squad, but I don't think the lad is good enough. He might be better in the middle as he can win his share of headers and has a great engine and good shot on him, I doubt he can cut a team open with his passing though. I'd keep him at the club, but I'd rather have him as a squad player/sub.

So now Milner's crap too, do we have any decent players? He'll never be an outstanding winger because of his lack of pace but I think technically he's pretty decent. He'd not be one I'd look to sell and if we did I think there'd be no shortage of interest.

So now Milner's crap too, do we have any decent players? He'll never be an outstanding winger because of his lack of pace but I think technically he's pretty decent. He'd not be one I'd look to sell and if we did I think there'd be no shortage of interest.

He had a bad game last night mate, understandable some people on here would have a knee jerk reaction and brand him shit.

Got to say i dont think he produces much of anything. Rarely shoots, crosses come to nothing, not enough pace over more than 10 yards. But hes our only right winger, and until someone is bought to challenge for his place hel stay in the team

Allardyce your shite, play Milner on the right!

erm...

Milner your shite, try the middle.

Poor game from him last night, but still a canny winger like. Id certainly keep him as we have a whole load of players to replace before we got to him.

erm...

Milner your shite, try the middle.

:rolleyes:

You're*

He gets a canny few assists and the odd goal tbf. Not so much this though.

one

Zoggy has more from left back.

I meant generally speaking. Not so much this season I meant to say.