Milner

David Kelly

He's slow as anything, and I quite like the lad. I see him more as a squad player here than getting into the England squad. I can think of several players ahead of him in the pecking order for the wing berths for the national team. i know he's young but I don't think there's a great deal more to come from him. He can play better than he has this season though.

The things he lacks now he will always lack (pace and quality in his distribution), there are some things you can coach and what he has missing aren't amongst them.

The thought of him being involved in the national team is ridiculous (and partially what prompted me to start this discussion in the first place), he offers so much less than Beckham, Wright-Phillips, Lennon & Bentley (those names are just off the top of my head) that it's unreal.

I agree that he should be no more than a squad player and the fact that he's one of the first names on out teamsheet each game is a shocking idictment on our sqaud.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The things he lacks now he will always lack (pace and quality in his distribution), there are some things you can coach and what he has missing aren't amongst them.

The thought of him being involved in the national team is ridiculous (and partially what prompted me to start this discussion in the first place), he offers so much less than Beckham, Wright-Phillips, Lennon & Bentley (those names are just off the top of my head) that it's unreal.

I agree that he should be no more than a squad player and the fact that he's one of the first names on out teamsheet each game is a shocking idictment on our sqaud.

Not that we have loads of alternatives but you could always move Zog to LW and play Duff on the right now he's fit. Tbh I'd consider Geremi as an alternative although he's off to Africa now. At least he can deliver a decent ball in and he won't fanny about hopelessly before losing the ball.

Needs an alice band and blue boots. :dunno:

Now there's two words that are guaranteed to provide a bit of perspective. Remember, lads and lasses, no matter how poor-to-average we might be at the minute, at least we're not playing with Andreas Andersson up front.

Not that we have loads of alternatives but you could always move Zog to LW and play Duff on the right now he's fit. Tbh I'd consider Geremi as an alternative although he's off to Africa now. At least he can deliver a decent ball in and he won't fanny about hopelessly before losing the ball.

Both of those are options I would consider but tbh it's hardly an exciting alternative.

Has he ever had any success playing on the right?

Has he ever had any success playing on the right?

4-3-3 at Chelski.

Both of those are options I would consider but tbh it's hardly an exciting alternative.

We do need a genuine quality right winger which should be a transfer priority. Letting Solano and Dyer go without replacements has left us short of pace and creativity on that flank.

He's slow as anything, and I quite like the lad. I see him more as a squad player here than getting into the England squad. I can think of several players ahead of him in the pecking order for the wing berths for the national team. i know he's young but I don't think there's a great deal more to come from him. He can play better than he has this season though.

QFT

If he had that extra yard of pace he'd be a different player

• 13 years later...
On 04/01/2008 at 04:59, David Kelly said:

:munch:

• Haha 1