AQA

Southern Geordie

Filled in my application form and test yesterday. Asked me some right weird questions like "When will I meet my soul mate?". Hard to keep it between 120 and 153 characters too!

what did you reply, also was it just an online application?

I said: Nobody can tell exactly when they will meet their soul mate. However, if you keep your eyes open, you are likely to meet them sooner rather than later.

Thought it was very much an aqa standard answer. "You will be sent an Internet Researcher job description, application form and researcher test in the next few days. The researcher test is conducted over the internet and takes one or two hours." is the auto response you get when you first apply. It is a test basically done in excel, where it includes rules, questions, how long it takes etc. Fingers crossed I get the job!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in town and needed to get a cable that was around 30ft long but the cables in front of me were in metres and I wasn't sure exactly how long I'd need so I asked 63336, 'How long is 30 feet in metres?'.

Their response?

98.425 metres!

('1 metre is equal to 3.2808399 feet, therefore 30 feet is equal to 98.425 metres. There are 100cm in a metre, and 12 inches in a foot.')

Being slightly more clever than a retard, I realised this wasn't quite right and after reading someone got 20 free questions I thought I'd point out their mistake in hope of freebies.

Their response, which I'm sure I'll get billed for, 'AQA apologises for the inaccuracy. 30 feet is equal to 9.15 metres. There are 16 ounces in every pound and 14 pounds in a stone.'

I normally like the relevant facts they add on but that's just silly.

And the cable wasn't long enough, even with the revised figure. :D

Sent it one today to find out the difference between a cottage pie and a shehperd's pie! Was quite good to be fair.

You mean to say you don't have any kitchen-dwelling, spatula-wielding gay friends who could have told you the answer for the price of a regular text message? ;)

We do not believe that Newcastle should sack Sam Allardyce. His job is perfectly safe. However, he should resign and take on a job with more prestige.

;)

The cheek.

Sam to take over at Liverpool?

We were using it to pass the time on the bus back from Stoke. Some of our beer fueled questions included:-

Who invented the spanner?

AQA: It's uncertain who invented the spanner, however some early forms were invented by Edwin Beard Budding in the 1800s.

Who invented the Chap-Stick?

In the early 1870s Dr. Charles Browne Fleet invented ChapStick as a lip balm. In 1912, John Morton bought the rights for $5.

Who makes the hideous patterns on public transport seats, and why are they hideous?

Many compaines make the upholstery for these seats, however the reason they are hideously designed is so that stains are less noticeable. What a disgustong thought.

Have you seen me Growler?

No, AQA has not seen your growler. You keep it well hidden, and for good reason. Incidentally, a Growler is an Iceberg less than 1 metre tall.

Considering they have to be between 120-153 characters it makes it a bit harder.. though the questions were fairly easy..

Where is a good place to eat near Holborn?

What was the number 1 single in the UK on 16 Sept 1971?

What is the collective noun for mosquitoes?

When will I meet my soul mate?

How many tube stations start with the letter A?

I had a dream about cutting off my hair - what does this mean?

What should I do in Paris this weekend?

Which 7 clubs have been members of the football Premier League since it began?

What is the distance from London to Brighton and how long would it take to drive?

What will happen at my friend's party? What should I wear?

Anna Mae Bullock is the real name of who?

What is the best hotel in St Albans?

Just asked them the question "What is a baby hedgehog called?"

They gave me the wrong answer

Typical

By the early 1990s the word hoglet (or sometimes hedgehoglet) had been introduced for baby hedgehogs. This word seems to have been in general use among those with an interest in hedgehogs since at least the mid-1990s.

Is that correct? Should have given me the gig :icon_lol:

Just asked them the question "What is a baby hedgehog called?"

They gave me the wrong answer

Typical

By the early 1990s the word hoglet (or sometimes hedgehoglet) had been introduced for baby hedgehogs. This word seems to have been in general use among those with an interest in hedgehogs since at least the mid-1990s.

Is that correct? Should have given me the gig :icon_lol:

Top man - cannot believe they turned you down mate!

Dear 3Bitbob,

Thank you for your email and for taking the trouble to contact the AQA 63336 feedback address. All customer feedback is highly valued and is used to help improve the AQA service, where appropriate.

I have looked up the details of your question and am very sorry to have to agree that the answer you received was completely inadequate. I have given feedback to the researcher concerned.

Under the circumstances I would be happy to offer a refund for your text. Unfortunately, the service providers do not have a mechanism for third parties to refund your mobile phone account directly, so the quickest and easiest way to refund you is by sending you the cash. Alternatively, I can offer you a free copy of the AQA book Any Question Answered (RRP £5.99, details available on Amazon) as a small compensation for your disappointment. Please let me know which you would prefer and where you would like it sent.

Once again, I apologise for the poor answer you received and look forward to hearing from you regarding your refund.

Kind regards,

Chantel Sankey

SENIOR RESEARCHER

AQA 63336

Back of the net!

I applied for this a while ago (also got turned down), my questions were:

What is the tallest building in the world and how tall is it?

If you travelled at the speed of light, how long would it take to get to Jupiter?

What are the rules to the drinking game 'Kings'? (Try doing that in less than 153 characters)

Can you recommend a good restaurant in the City & a bar we can go to afterwards?

In what sport do players take long and short corners?

What is the origin of croissants?

Will I ever get married and have children?

What is a group of eels called?

What would the moon weigh if it were made of aero chocolate?

How do you make a screwdriver?

What is more toxic, a small scorpion or a large scorpion?

Where is Timbuktu?

I had no idea about the moon one.

Walliver, your questions seem harder than mine! Maybe I just didn't answer in the right criteria or something as most of my answers were right, it was just the opinion ones I may have messed up on, or been too slow. Kind of deters me from wanting to apply again!

Most of them were just Googling, there were a few tricky ones that were either incomplete, needed calculation or a big explanation. Seeing that they use different questions, I might re-apply. Was Rowina Said your point of contact or did you have someone else?

Most of them were just Googling, there were a few tricky ones that were either incomplete, needed calculation or a big explanation. Seeing that they use different questions, I might re-apply. Was Rowina Said your point of contact or did you have someone else?

Think her name was Romany (if thats what you mean). May reapply seeing as I've got nothing to do but I thought I answered the questions pretty well. Though for the question: I had a dream about cutting off my hair - what does this mean?

I answered: To dream that you are cutting off your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may be eliminating unwanted thoughts or habits.

Surely that is a perfect answer?

Think her name was Romany (if thats what you mean). May reapply seeing as I've got nothing to do but I thought I answered the questions pretty well. Though for the question: I had a dream about cutting off my hair - what does this mean?

I answered: To dream that you are cutting off your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may be eliminating unwanted thoughts or habits.

It might be that they see that as an agony aunt type question and want you to be optimistic. Also, I don't really understand the last sentence. Because dream meanings (did you get your answer from dreammoods.com?) can be seen as a load of tosh they might have been expecting a more fun answer telling them to go for a crazy hairstyle or something? Or maybe your answer was perfect and all the rest of yours were complete rubbish.

It might be that they see that as an agony aunt type question and want you to be optimistic. Also, I don't really understand the last sentence. Because dream meanings (did you get your answer from dreammoods.com?) can be seen as a load of tosh they might have been expecting a more fun answer telling them to go for a crazy hairstyle or something? Or maybe your answer was perfect and all the rest of yours were complete rubbish.

Yeah, but due to their high volume of application they can't tell me what I did wrong. I answered the question "When will I meet my soul mate" with "Nobody can tell exactly when they will meet their soul mate. However, if you keep your eyes open, you are likely to meet them sooner rather than later." Not sure about the grammar there but thought it was a decent enough answer - very AQA like!

Which is heavier, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

That's not the same, shirley? If the moon was made out of bubbly chocolate rather than cheese but remained the same size and everything then it would weigh differently.

How much would a brick weigh if it was made of feathers?

Which is heavier, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

That's not the same, shirley? If the moon was made out of bubbly chocolate rather than cheese but remained the same size and everything then it would weigh differently.

How much would a brick weigh if it was made of feathers?

Spose you have got to find how many feathers would fit into an average sized brick, then times that by the weight of an average feather. Would mean some extra reseach but would give an estimate I guess.. Would defo be harder for a moon and an aero comparison!