Bellamy's Reaction

David Kelly

I think if you read again he said "to say we couldnt have Owen without losing Bellamy is 100% nonsense ". Thats not the same as saying we would have.

So not quite the most ridiculous statement , yours beats it for a start ;)

and Owen is Shearers replacement not Bellamy's

Edited by luckypierre

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: I liked the little shit and thats that  ;)

35865[/snapback]

I like you :huh:

And I hated seeing him playing for the other side. But, I guess there's no surprise there. I'm not even going to get into the bellamy argument, because despite everything, I'm still biased... :wacko: *hopeless*

36206[/snapback]

agreed, I think.

Seeing Bellamy playing against Newcastle was the same as seeing Les Ferdinand playing against Newcastle.

Both sold by fuckwits that destroyed a good team.

Ferdinand will be thought of in a lot better light seen as he left on better terms. But I agree, he is one of those players you love to hate like Bowyer, mind you my mind has been changed back to despisment due to his inept performances.

and Owen is Shearers replacement not Bellamy's

36327[/snapback]

Shearer's still here, Bellamy is not!

By definition, he's replaced Bellamy (from a footballing sense..)

I think if you read again he said "to say we couldnt have Owen without losing Bellamy is 100% nonsense ". Thats not the same as saying we would have.

So not quite the most ridiculous statement , yours beats it for a start :wacko:

36327[/snapback]

You know my opinion better than I do now?? ;)

It's not 100% nonesense to me, it's very much sense. I don't think we could have afforded to play Shearer, Bellamy & Owen in the same team from either a financial POV or a footballing one...

What would we have done? Played Bellamy on the wing? I can't see Shearer sitting mainly on the bench in his swangsong year particularly when there was the opportunity to re-kindle his partnership with Owen :huh:

36327[/snapback]

It's not 100% nonesense to me, it's very much sense. I don't think we could have afforded to play Shearer, Bellamy & Owen in the same team from either a financial POV or a footballing one...

What would we have done? Played Bellamy on the wing? I can't see Shearer sitting mainly on the bench in his swangsong year particularly when there was the opportunity to re-kindle his partnership with Owen :huh:

36343[/snapback]

I said nothing about your opinion Craig, maybe you should read the posts again. I was just pointing out that your attempt to ridicule what someone had said didnt work because he didnt say what you thought he had.

I dont see the financial impact of Bellamy. His transfer fee? His wages? I dont think they'd have a beaaring, they dont amount to that much. If we did still have Bellamy wouldnt you say Shearer would have retired last season? If we are to believe his reasons for staying on then yes he would have. Bellamy wouldn't have had to play on the wing then either. If when we next sign a striker we pay in excess of 15 mill and get one of the biggest, provesn strikers in the world then fair enough he will be Shearers replacement and Owen was Bellamy's. I'd say we'd already done that though and spent that money that was put aside to eventually buy Shearers replacement.

Craig Bellmay not once refused to play on the wing for us. Fact :D

Craig Bellmay not once refused to play on the wing for us. Fact ;)

36365[/snapback]

only on a technicality.

The accepted version of the Arsenal game is that he was told he was going to be playing on the wing, and faked an injury to get out of it. At least Dyer had the bollocks to tell Bobby he wasn't playing on the wing - Bellars wasn't man enough to stand up to Souness and say that the man was tactically inept, and would be wasting him on the wing.

pretending to be injured is tantamount to refusing to play, only in a more cowardly way, tbh.

only on a technicality.

The accepted version of the Arsenal game is that he was told he was going to be playing on the wing, and faked an injury to get out of it. At least Dyer had the bollocks to tell Bobby he wasn't playing on the wing - Bellars wasn't man enough to stand up to Souness and say that the man was tactically inept, and would be wasting him on the wing.

pretending to be injured is tantamount to refusing to play, only in a more cowardly way, tbh.

36368[/snapback]

Bollocks!

I'm sick to death of the "Bellamy should be here" or "Bellamy should have gone" argument but lets stick to the truth.

He faked his injury at training (for which he should of been fined but wasn't), then he travelled to London as instructed where he was told he wasn't even on the bench and "Souness" told the media it was because he was injured.

Bellamy opened his oversized gob and the rest is history.

He is gone, we now have a far superior player and we are stuck with some serious questions about our manager's man management skills.

From the .com match report. Spot on:

Bellamy has dropped a b*llock by moving to Blackburn and he knows it.

Acres of plastic seats on three sides of the ground and a heaving mass of celebration on the other - the latter a sight well known to him from happier times past in Rotterdam and elsewhere.

Indifference is the order of the day in this town - is it really worth getting wound up into a frenzy on the field for these lot, snoozing their way through the afternoon?

And on the field in his number 10 shirt, a signing so huge that any thoughts the Welshman may have retained about returning to claim it have been eradicated. All for making his spat a public one by inviting Sky to broadcast evidence of his witlessness.

I really do struggle to understand how people can care so much and argue so strongly in defence of such an odious little shit.

36373[/snapback]

thing is though Gem, did you tell us this, and he was such a "disruptive influence" when he was here under Bobby Robson ?

If not, why not ?

Lets face it, we ALL said when Souness came he would alienate players and disrupt the club.

Edited by LeazesMag

I really do struggle to understand how people can care so much and argue so strongly in defence of such an odious little shit.

36373[/snapback]

thing is though Gem, did you tell us this when he was here under Bobby Robson ?

If not, why not ?

36380[/snapback]

No. Because I'm not a clairvoyant.

36373[/snapback]

If not, why not ?

36380[/snapback]

36382[/snapback]

I added to the last.

Being a clairvoyant is quite easy sometimes ..........

36373[/snapback]

If not, why not ?

36380[/snapback]

36382[/snapback]

I added to the last.

36383[/snapback]

Robert and Bellamy both gone in somewhat controversial circumstances. Both guilty of causing bother at other clubs they've been at, and with a reputation for being trouble-makers. You're right, I should have seen it sooner.

36373[/snapback]

If not, why not ?

36380[/snapback]

36382[/snapback]

I added to the last.

36383[/snapback]

Robert and Bellamy both gone in somewhat controversial circumstances. Both guilty of causing bother at other clubs they've been at, and with a reputation for being trouble-makers. You're right, I should have seen it sooner.

36384[/snapback]

along with Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, both troublemakers under Alex Ferguson, Kevin Keegan, Brian Little, and David Dunn at Birmingham as well..

And others at Souness' other clubs .....

Never Souness is it

36373[/snapback]

If not, why not ?

36380[/snapback]

36382[/snapback]

I added to the last.

36383[/snapback]

36384[/snapback]

along with Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, both troublemakers under Alex Ferguson, Kevin Keegan, Brian Little, and David Dunn at Birmingham as well..

Never Souness is it

36386[/snapback]

We're talking about Craig Bellamy though. And the fact that you could foresee trouble between Bellamy and Souness before it actually started is as much of a reflection on Bellamy as it is on Souness, do you not agree?

With regards to Andy Cole - Keegan himself said that he was very difficult to work with. And Dwight Yorke? Well if I saw my underperforming striker photographed spilling out of nightclubs with his face buried in Jordan's cleavage every other day, I'd have a problem with him too - Yorke had a chip on his shoulder after leaving Man United for a lesser club and he isn't the first or last. But both of these are irrelevant to our discussion of Bellamy.

36373[/snapback]

If not, why not ?

36380[/snapback]

36382[/snapback]

I added to the last.

36383[/snapback]

36384[/snapback]

Never Souness is it

36386[/snapback]

No-one has ever said Souness was innocent....

However, Bellamy was trouble under Robson (and yes i brought it up, more than once - i just wish the old posts were still around to support that).

36327[/snapback]

36343[/snapback]

I said nothing about your opinion Craig, maybe you should read the posts again. I was just pointing out that your attempt to ridicule what someone had said didnt work because he didnt say what you thought he had.

36365[/snapback]

Erm.... he said exactly what I thought he had! As I have said IMO we couldn't have got Owen if we still had Bellamy, therefore my view remains that I think to say it was 100% nonesense was ridiculous.... :D

Keep twisting it though to try and ridicule me, won't ya? ;)

Really?? 100% nonesense??

So you say that without a shadow of a doubt, if Craig Bellamy was still here, we'd have still have signed Michael Owen? That's gotta be one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen in a long, long while....  ;)

36325[/snapback]

you're doing a good enough job yourself Craig :wacko:

To say the opinion "we couldnt have" is nonsense isnt the same as saying we would have which is what you accuse him of saying. He's not saying we would have signed Bellamy.

the ridiculous post I was refering to (light heartedly) wasn't your opinion on the signing of Owen it was the one quoted above.

whats even more ridiculous is I've even got involved in this

Edited by luckypierre

36373[/snapback]

If not, why not ?

36380[/snapback]

36382[/snapback]

I added to the last.

36383[/snapback]

36384[/snapback]

Never Souness is it

36386[/snapback]

We're talking about Craig Bellamy though. And the fact that you could foresee trouble between Bellamy and Souness before it actually started is as much of a reflection on Bellamy as it is on Souness, do you not agree?

With regards to Andy Cole - Keegan himself said that he was very difficult to work with. And Dwight Yorke? Well if I saw my underperforming striker photographed spilling out of nightclubs with his face buried in Jordan's cleavage every other day, I'd have a problem with him too - Yorke had a chip on his shoulder after leaving Man United for a lesser club and he isn't the first or last. But both of these are irrelevant to our discussion of Bellamy.

36387[/snapback]

No, I don't see, and don't agree. No other manager Bellamy has had has complained about him except Souness. Andy Cole may have been slightly spikey, but lots of players are. Keegan, Ferguson, Chris Coleman and now a new manager in Pearce is handling him, that is why they are paid big money, to manage men. They are all wrong and Souness is right ?

The sad thing is, Souness is such an idiot he still thinks they were wrong and he is right. And actually, I foresaw Souness having a problem with several players, in particular Dyer, but mainly Bellamy and Robert because they are flair players as he always does. Remember he also got rid of Beardsley and replaced him with Saunders ... hoho what a joke that is eh ! He now says Dyer is a model professional and handed him a 20 grand a week rise. Souness is a joke, who the hell is buying that one ?

And it is all relevant to Bellamy. Souness chucked him out because he couldn't be bothered to handle and man manage a good player for this football club, and people like yourself who now hurling venom at Bellamy didn't do it when he was here ? Nor before Souness came.

Why was that ?

Is it because he isn't a Newcastle player anymore ?

Do you judge players differently when they put a black and white shirt on ?

This takes us back to rose tinted specs .......

BTW, were you at the game which is the subject of my sig ? Did you agree with that at the time ? You see, some of us stick to our opinions and don't change them

on account of the manager or player being involved with Newcastle or not.

Edited by LeazesMag

No other manager Bellamy has had has complained about him except Souness.

36629[/snapback]

Not true actually...

When all this kicked off back in January, Strachan commented that he had 'issues' with Bellamy when he was managing him at Coventry...

I have heard rumours that the reason Celtic didn't make a permanent move for him was because Strachan vehemently didn't want him - never heard that bit confirmed though...

No other manager Bellamy has had has complained about him except Souness.

36629[/snapback]

Not true actually...

When all this kicked off back in January, Strachan commented that he had 'issues' with Bellamy when he was managing him at Coventry...

I have heard rumours that the reason Celtic didn't make a permanent move for him was because Strachan vehemently didn't want him - never heard that bit confirmed though...

36645[/snapback]

I heard Strachan also say that he was a good player and great to have at the club !

Thing is Craig, managers are paid to handle footballers full stop. And you never, never, sell your best ones, unless they themselves want to leave.

Souness has chickened out of it like he always does, we would be a better team with Bellamy in it and that is all that matters.