Bellamy's Reaction

David Kelly

...and plummeting by the time he left.

That was the point.  Your bias towards Keegan is as bad as your hatred towards Souness.  Of course it's conceivable that Souness could leave us in the same boat, I'm not disputing that but to say Pearce has done nothing what Keegan couldn't have done is insulting to Pearce.

38757[/snapback]

they weren't plummetting...they were above us anyway !

He said he was going, and its a proven fact that instability at a football club affects the players. We don't know if Pearce would have changed much if he had more money or not, but it's unlikely he would be as stupid as Souness and make wholesale changes to team that had been doing well/making progress for the previous few seasons.

I don't agree anything is insulting to Pearce, he hasn't done anything yet. Until he has bought and sold more players of his own choice, his judgement in the transfer market is unknown.

Remember John Gregory ? Won his first 8 games as manager of Villa ? What happened to him.

As for despising Souness, yes I do. I despise him because he's a shit manager with zero man management skills, and I don't want him at Newcastle. Also because he's a hypocrite, a bully and a thug, who thinks it's alright to pick up a member of his playing staff by the throat, and to try and break anothers leg in training. But - I don't put on rose tinted specs © depending on whether or not someone is attached to Newcastle. Craig Bellamy gave everything to this club, didn't want to leave, and called no one but the manager. Those who supported him when he was here, and now say they are glad to get rid, believing the spin put out to discredit him are just gullible in my view, there is no excuse for adopting such naive views. If he was such a pain you should have told us all you wanted rid of him under Bobby Robson.

And I'm not biased for Keegan. Or rather I am, but only to the point where we challenged for the title for the first time in 70 odd years ..... if thats biased lets have more of it, but we won't get it under Souness.

I made my judgement about Souness, and if I'm wrong then results will prove it to be the case, not a bunch of press statements.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what John Gregory has to do with Stuart Pearce and yes it is insulting to say that he hasn't achieved much and it isn't his team.

Of course it is the the team of the golden god © and Pearce has nothing to do with it.

Don't know what John Gregory has to do with Stuart Pearce and yes it is insulting to say that he hasn't achieved much and it isn't his team.

Of course it is the the team of the golden god © and Pearce has nothing to do with it.

38784[/snapback]

I'm only making the point that a good start isn't always a good guide to a good boss.

I'm not saying Pearce won't be a good one, he might, but you don't know until he has exercised his own judgement in the transfer market and managed a team [of good players who were mostly already there] for more than about 20 games.

He has said that himself BTW, so I don't think he would find it insulting.

I don't know what you have against Keegan Sima, but I look forward to someone else putting us in the title race again one day.

Edited by LeazesMag

Leazes, you never fail to amaze me....

In one breath, you say that Newcastle's demise has absolutely nothing to do with Sir Bobby Robson, it's all down to Souness, yet on the other, Citeh's turnaround has nothing to do with their new manager, it's all about the legacy that KK left....

It can't be both!

Citeh were in freefall, losing game after game... Since Pearce took over, he turned them around and, until recently, had not lost a game under him. He very nearly got them into the UEFA Cup as well.

Leazes, you never fail to amaze me....

In one breath, you say that Newcastle's demise has absolutely nothing to do with Sir Bobby Robson, it's all down to Souness, yet on the other, Citeh's turnaround has nothing to do with their new manager, it's all about the legacy that KK left....

It can't be both!

Citeh were in freefall, losing game after game... Since Pearce took over, he turned them around and, until recently, had not lost a game under him. He very nearly got them into the UEFA Cup as well.

38827[/snapback]

You still don't read the post Craig, I'm not talking about his last 10 games or whatever, after he had announced he was leaving, I'm talking about the team and group of players he inherited compared to the team and group of players he left 3 years or so later !!!!!

Dunn, definitely.

As far as I remember with Dunn, Souness said his social life was his biggest downfall, where is he now? constantly injured but always on the piss...

38323[/snapback]

aye but wouldn't his ex distract you a little bit like :lol:

[he's had a serious injury though hasn't he ? ]

38350[/snapback]

So, Souness should have considered that Dunn has a fit missus before criticising his lifestyle?

Durty taig.

He didnae win ra league though did he? Didnae think so.

I'm a believer.

First tae 50.

Ethel Cardew...FF Legend...FACT.

Lucozade Kills...FACT.

WATP

GSTQ

FTP

STV

B&Q

38844[/snapback]

;)

OK, I have to ask, what does B&Q mean?

Are you demonstrating your support of the large, national "do it yourself" retailer?

Durty taig.

I'm a believer.

First tae 50.

Lucozade Kills...FACT.

WATP

GSTQ

FTP

STV

B&Q

38844[/snapback]

;)

Are you demonstrating your support of the large, national "do it yourself" retailer?

38984[/snapback]

Aye, only good Proddy boys are allowed tae work in B&Q ye know.

It's a true Gers shoap. Nae Kafflicks allowed.

God Save Ra Queen.

We Arra Peepil.

Durty taig.

I'm a believer.

First tae 50.

Lucozade Kills...FACT.

WATP

GSTQ

FTP

STV

B&Q

38844[/snapback]

:dork:

38984[/snapback]

God Save Ra Queen.

We Arra Peepil.

38998[/snapback]

;)

God Save Ra Queen.

We Arra Peepil.

38998[/snapback]

;)

39000[/snapback]

This is priceless. :dork: I didn't realise that as a "Kafflick" I'm going to have to find myself a new DIY retailer! :lol:

Dunn, definitely.

As far as I remember with Dunn, Souness said his social life was his biggest downfall, where is he now? constantly injured but always on the piss...

38323[/snapback]

aye but wouldn't his ex distract you a little bit like ;)

38350[/snapback]

So, Souness should have considered that Dunn has a fit missus before criticising his lifestyle?

38874[/snapback]

results, results results. It's all that matters.

Where were Blackburn when he left them, having kicked out Cole, Yorke, Dunn and alienated Todd "for the good of the club"

Dunn, definitely.

38323[/snapback]

38350[/snapback]

38874[/snapback]

Where were Blackburn when he left them, having kicked out Cole, Yorke, Dunn and alienated Todd "for the good of the club"

39088[/snapback]

Cole - Bad attitude

Dunn - see above

Yorke - see above x 3

Todd - nutcase

Dunn, definitely.

38323[/snapback]

38350[/snapback]

38874[/snapback]

39088[/snapback]

Cole - Bad attitude

Dunn - see above

Yorke - see above x 3

Todd - nutcase

39091[/snapback]

Results, results, results, it's all about results.

Where were Blackburn after he kicked them out "for the good of the club"

I think its very sad that a player who was nothing other than a committed top quality player for us who didn't want to leave the club is being mocked this way, rather than the fuckwit manager who peddled him.

Because, indisputeably, we would be better off if he was still here.

35724[/snapback]

The lad's a twat. That's why he's getting mocked.

35759[/snapback]

When we don't qualify for the champions league, or replace Bellamy next summer for 4.5 m quid, will you admit you were wrong about Souness ?

Plenty of people are twats, it's totally irrelevant to his footballing ability. He isn't a twat or wasn't a twat when he played for YOUR team, which is precisely what I meant about rose tinted specs ©, not that I would expect you to be big enough to admit you are now wearing them.

Roy Keane is a twat because he doesn't play for Newcastle as well isn't he ?

He isn't a twat or wasn't a twat when he played for YOUR team

39273[/snapback]

Course he was. I lost count of the number of times I had to defend him in conversations at Irish pubs over here with the line "Yeah, he's a twat, but he's our twat." Whether a player plays for us or not shouldn't change a thing about any (rational) person's judgement of character...

I think its very sad that a player who was nothing other than a committed top quality player for us who didn't want to leave the club is being mocked this way, rather than the fuckwit manager who peddled him.

Because, indisputeably, we would be better off if he was still here.

35724[/snapback]

The lad's a twat. That's why he's getting mocked.

35759[/snapback]

When we don't qualify for the champions league, or replace Bellamy next summer for 4.5 m quid, will you admit you were wrong about Souness ?

Plenty of people are twats, it's totally irrelevant to his footballing ability. He isn't a twat or wasn't a twat when he played for YOUR team, which is precisely what I meant about ;) not that I would expect you to be big enough to admit you are now wearing them.

Roy Keane is a twat because he doesn't play for Newcastle as well isn't he ?

39273[/snapback]

I don't mind Roy Keane tbh.

He isn't a twat or wasn't a twat when he played for YOUR team

39273[/snapback]

Course he was. I lost count of the number of times I had to defend him in conversations at Irish pubs over here with the line "Yeah, he's a twat, but he's our twat." Whether a player plays for us or not shouldn't change a thing about any (rational) person's judgement of character...

39279[/snapback]

aye, but when he's OUR twat, you don't mock him [Gemmils words] ! in fact, the very opposite .........