Joey Barton

RlCO

Should Barton ever play for us again?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope he doesn't. he's dreadful

He's no Emre like. :icon_lol:

barton makes emre look like zidane tbf

I wouldn't know as I can't really remember Emre playing tbf.

i hope he doesn't. he's dreadful

He's no Emre like. :icon_lol:

barton makes emre look like zidane tbf

I wouldn't know as I can't really remember Emre playing tbf.

unfortunatley i remember barton's performances from last season all too well and the thought of him being a regular next year too isn't an encouraging one

Its funny reading comments on Barton from January. Moral hypocrisy really does know no bounds. Two dust ups and a wayward cigar and the very moral fibre of the city was in peril. :icon_lol:

He's a good player, so i say we keep him.

Unfortunately he's our best central midfielder right now so we kind of need him. Ideally we'd sign someone else for his role and get rid, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

He may not be the most gifted passer of the ball, but what he does give you in CM is someone who's willing to try and play the tough ball rather than bottle it and go for the safe option. You need someone like that in the middle of the park rather than the Jenas' and Parker's of this world, who were either to cowardly or too much of a headless chicken to get the ball forward.

Emre could have been a fine player, but he disappeared from games far too much to ever be reliable in any way in CM. Not to mention his horrible injury record.

Barton is released from prison

Footballer Joey Barton has been released from jail after serving two months of a six-month sentence for attacking a man.

The 25-year-old Newcastle midfielder was captured on CCTV in Liverpool on 27 December punching a man.

He admitted assault and affray in April for the attack which was branded a "violent and cowardly act" by a judge.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan said on Sunday that the footballer still had a future with the club.

Which paper was it recently that claimed he wasn't going to get an early release? Sums their information sources up like.

Im not one for giving people 3rd chances but KK is obviously doing so, and we are desperately short.

This time, he better buck his ideas up, perform like the player he was tipped to be and to keep himself out of trouble. Any less than that and he should go in January.

Im not one for giving people 3rd chances but KK is obviously doing so, and we are desperately short.

This time, he better buck his ideas up, perform like the player he was tipped to be and to keep himself out of trouble. Any less than that and he should go in January.

I don't see this as another chance though. Keegan wiped the slate clean when he arrived, and Barton hasn't got into any trouble since.

We should be petitioning that judge to make his ban from Liverpool city centre a permanent one.

See if we can get him banned from Newcastle city centre too. Then at least we won't have to suffer him in home games.

We should be petitioning that judge to make his ban from Liverpool city centre a permanent one.

In fairness if they banned all scallies from Liverpool city centre it would be a big improvement.

Unfortunately he's our best central midfielder right now so we kind of need him. Ideally we'd sign someone else for his role and get rid, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Pretty much my view.

My main worry about Barton wasn't really due to moral outrage. What he has done was terrible, but none of us are angels, I've made mistakes and got into fights and I'm sure many other members have. What I was more concerned with was him being a waste of money due to getting banged up for long periods, and that events around Christmas showed that even with the Dabo trial hanging over him he was unable to keep out of trouble for any length of time.

Now he has served his sentance, maybe he will have changed his attitudes, but the above suggests not. Anyway, he has served his debt to society so should be allowed to get on with his life, part of that is playing football. I don't think sacking him is an option now - if the club stood by him in Januray it can't really abandon him now just because he's done some porridge. And I would imagine that selling him would be rather difficult. So we're stuck with him, we're short of bodies so until he goes then he's still part of the team in my eyes.

If we were in a position to get shot/sack him then I wouldnt mind seeing the back of him, unfortunately we dont have many options and he is proberbly the best we have in the centre midfield role so looks like we are stuck with him

I hope he see`s this a chance to redeem himself and he proves it on the pitch

To be fair to him, this is the crime he had committed before we signed him. I don't feel comfortable with trying to get shot of a player for things that were in existence prior to our buying him.

I know I'm not making much sense, but I'm a bit tired .

To be fair to him, this is the crime he had committed before we signed him. I don't feel comfortable with trying to get shot of a player for things that were in existence prior to our buying him.

:icon_lol: he was at Newcastle for his Maccy D's rampage.

xRampage.png

:icon_lol:

461615833_s.jpg

Aye, just imagine the carnage* caused.

*American monster truck madness commentator voice

Or do you seriously think that was a "rampage"? :icon_lol:

I thought this jail stint was for Dabo?

I thought this jail stint was for Dabo?

That was the trial that took place while he was in jail isn't it?

Suspended sentence, Dabo never showed up?