Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously can't believe people actually believe the bookies odds or even pay any attention to them at all for that matter.

Agree... Remember when we sacked Robson, Souness was never shorter than about 66/1...

Until the morning he was announced.

Where has this bollocks about no foreign manager come from it is not in any official statement

Like I said its all instigated by the southern press - wait and see - Ashleys no muppet he wouldn't do this if he hasn't done the deal with someone

Correct! I think the fact this has come out the blue and ties in with the "blow your socks off" article last weeks, we might just see the special one here, if not a very good attackin manager at least!

Mark Hughes' price seems to be shortening.

oh ffs. Here we go again, roeder, souness, allardyce, hughes, much of a muchness.

;) I didn't say he was nailed on. :razz:

what's the odds on Terry Mac keeping his job?

If Redknapp gets the job then his bet running capabilities will be needed more than ever.

oh ffs. Here we go again, roeder, souness, allardyce, hughes, much of a muchness.

He's part of the furniture though ;)

here's an interesting article i just read from goal.com. i know some of their stories are crap, but this is an interesting editorial:

Newcastle's Next Boss: Shearer Or Else

As Sam Allardyce departs Newcastle United, attention inevitably turns to the question of who his successor shall be. There’s only one man who will enable this club to move forwards, and that’s Alan Shearer. Even if he proves to be a terrible manager.

‘Mutual consent’. Football’s favourite cover-up phrase.

But let’s cut to the chase: if you weren’t expecting Sam Allardyce to be sacked as boss of Newcastle you are clearly new to the topsy-turvy world that is Geordie football.

Allardyce has been a dead man walking for weeks. It was a question of when – not if – the axe would fall.

Admittedly the former Bolton man hadn’t set the world of football alight since arriving on Tyneside in the summer. He hadn’t created a new mould of super humans clad in black-and-white stripes to dominate the Premier League.

But apart from that, what did Allardyce really do wrong? After all, he was given a mere eight months to make his mark and 11th in the table is hardly a disaster – it’s higher than at this time last season and this should have been regarded as a transitional year.

Sir Alex Ferguson’s march to glory at Manchester United was far from instant. But he was given time fashion success. Caretakers included, Newcastle have now gone through 16 bosses since Fergie crossed the border into England – time is clearly something Magpies managers cannot enjoy.

Fergie’s recent claim that Newcastle fans expect their team to win 5-0 every week also bears more than a hint of truth: for a club that hasn’t won a major domestic trophy since the 1955 FA Cup, expectations among supporters are immense.

There are many things that turned Geordies against Allardyce, but the Yorkshireman’s biggest weakness was this: he is not Alan Shearer. Owner Mike Ashley is clearly a man of the people, and fear of being rounded on himself has hurried him into caving to the demands of those baying for Allardyce’s blood.

This is a club where supporters often hinder more than help – Ashley would do well to listen to their wishes once more by installing Shearer in the St. James’ hotseat. Because he’ll be a great manager? No, because the team – and it’s fans – need to move on.

Since signing for his boyhood club from Blackburn Rovers in 1996 for a then world record fee of £15m, Shearer enjoyed an illustrious spell in which he captained the Magpies to, well, nothing. But regardless, he is revered by the fans.

While Shearer has acquired his Uefa coaching badges he has refrained from taking jobs at lower division sides in the mould of Roy Keane or Paul Ince. It appears to be a case of Newcastle or nothing. His repeated refusals to rule out the possibility of taking the manager’s job have only harmed the club he loves. You, I and the fans know he wants the post one day. But until he takes it, every other Newcastle United boss will be undermined. Football management is a popularity contest, and on Tyneside nobody beats Shearer.

Only time will tell whether Shearer will succeed at St. James’. My personal opinion is that he would be a disaster. But a good disaster. I severely doubt his ability to turn around the fortunes of a side in whose system he himself was entrenched for nine mediocre years (mediocre by Magpies fans’ lofty standards, at least). Master motivator perhaps, but Arsène Wenger he is most certainly not.

Nevertheless, Newcastle need Shearer now. In the worst case scenario, Mike Ashley can diplomatically move him upstairs, bring in a replacement with superior technical and tactical capabilities and allow the new man to focus on the task at hand without having to endure the constant whinging about how Shearer would be the saviour of the side. Until Shearer has had his chance, Newcastle are doomed to repeat this sorry sequence over and over again.

Chris Williams

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=541164

I seriously can't believe people actually believe the bookies odds or even pay any attention to them at all for that matter.

Agree... Remember when we sacked Robson, Souness was never shorter than about 66/1...

The good old days! ;)

Rent-a-mongs on SkySports: 'Sheera Sheera Sheera'

If they don't have a replacement lined up, this is the wrong TIME to make this decision, but it's NUFC, we do it the stupidest way possible, every goddam pissing time.

;) My first thought too. Fucking embarrassing.

There's a difference between offsetting risk through an informed guess as to who we might approach, and knowing in advance who is likely to tell us to go fish, which is definitely what happened with Souness.

If Redknapp gets the job then his bet running capabilities will be needed more than ever.

Redknapp? Is that the height of the current optimism. We'll will be debating who's the next manager this time next year. ;)

Football365's view:

Crazy Toon Sack Allardyce

Newcastle have sacked Sam Allardyce as the club's manager. And whatever you might think of Allardyce, it is surely utterly mad for the Toon to sack him now. When will this club stop deluding themselves?

Fuck off ;)

Redknapp? Is that the height of the current optimism. We'll will be debating who's the next manager this time next year. ;)

He's the current favourite with a lot of the bookies, though as 2J said it doesn't mean a whole lot.

Christ, I can remember that morning ;)

"Souness's odds seem to be getting shorter"

"Club to make a statement soon"

"Shit"

"Shit"

:razz:

"Shit"

Best day of my life tbh.

Football365's view:

Crazy Toon Sack Allardyce

Newcastle have sacked Sam Allardyce as the club's manager. And whatever you might think of Allardyce, it is surely utterly mad for the Toon to sack him now. When will this club stop deluding themselves?

Fuck off :razz:

It's completely true though ;)

"Shit"

Best day of my life tbh.

I bet you were wanking into your Shredded Wheat when the Scottish Fucking (copyright Leazes tbh) got appointed :razz:

Guest Patrokles

Souness is 66/1 right now. ;)

"Shit"

Best day of my life tbh.

I bet you were wanking into your Shredded Wheat when the Scottish Fucking (copyright Leazes tbh) got appointed ;)

I was on holiday. Woke up in Santa Monica (balla tbh) and you puffs had all been crying for fucking hours. :razz:

Same with Hoddle man, we stopped taking bets on Hoddle before as well.