Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing is a bit like a failing relationship, I thought earlier. Like, it had the potential to be amazing, and it started out really well, then you start to wonder whether you made the right decision; you had all these expectations of how it would be, and initially you forgive all the little problems that start creeping in. Things get worse, and you're both trying really hard, but for whatever reason it just won't work. You want to give it a chance to get back on track, and you know that the potential is still there. You don't really want to end it because it's not TERRIBLE and it's nice to have someone half-decent even if it's not working right now.

BUT THEN (and this is hopefully what has happened) someone else comes along who seems like a vast improvement; you have to acknowledge the relationship just isn't working and do the honorable thing for both parties, and agree a mutual break-up. If the new person hadn't come along, maybe you could have limped on until the summer, maybe things would have worked out okay in the end. But the chance at something a lot better came along and you just had to take it.

I just hope we don't get hammered and catch a dose from some seedy unscrupulous sort... :icon_lol:

Love the way SSN repeatedly read out a statement from chairman Chris Mort then say "Chairman Mike Ashley is looking for an experienced....bla, blah, blah"

Fucking simpletons.

Edited by Happy Face

Now this:

"A new manager has not yet been appointed at Newcastle United. We will make a further announcement on the managerial position when appropriate."

(Taken from Sky) makes me think they have a couple of choices already lined up and are already making moves?

I had to stop reading the thread because you're all putting a downer on this for me.

I read the first page beore leaving work and though I didn't believe it, I still got a bit of excitement because Akabusi knows his shit.

Before I got to the end of the street I had 3 texts confirming it off sky news and I had a skip in my step all the way home. People on the metro thought I was a grinning loon.

Absoloutley delighted to see the back off the fat, arrogant, clueless, obstinate, tedious, lying, bung taking scumbag.

:icon_lol::(:D:blush:^_^

:icon_lol::razz:

You don't know how hard it's been for me man.

Absoloutley loathe the odious twat.

Welcome back to the fold HF. The world just seemed off kilter with your "support" for the fucking twat.

I had to stop reading the thread because you're all putting a downer on this for me.

I read the first page beore leaving work and though I didn't believe it, I still got a bit of excitement because Akabusi knows his shit.

Before I got to the end of the street I had 3 texts confirming it off sky news and I had a skip in my step all the way home. People on the metro thought I was a grinning loon.

Absoloutley delighted to see the back off the fat, arrogant, clueless, obstinate, tedious, lying, bung taking scumbag.

:(:D:blush:^_^:o

Welcome back to the fold HF. The world just seemed off kilter with your "support" for the fucking twat.

:icon_lol:

:(:D:blush:^_^:o

:icon_lol:

Looks like we're thinking of replacing one with an alleged other.

Some of @Arry's signings for Pompey have been top class - Campbell, Muntari, Utaka to name a few. But He's never managed at the top level. He does produce teams that are easy on the eye.

I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him in charge, but I think that I would rather see a few police investigations put to bed before giving him the job.

Not saying he's the one, but it would be like Hulk Hogan coming back to the WWF.

When you scratch below the surface, even that was a bit of a dodgy state of affairs.

Personally I don't understand everyone's worry about Coppell or the like.

Even 'arry.

We have an owner and chairman with very little football knowledge so 99% of the names being mentioned would just pass them by as "who"?

Also it won't be 'arry because they won't want another manager with a "bung" history involved. It would be very costly for them if the hire 'arry while fighting a case against a certain Mr Bond.

Have faith people, they've watched how "class" managers such as Sven and Juan have turned around their teams, they won't be looking to consolidate, it's not in their business plan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1779&ct=5

Daily Mail

All yours, Redknapp - Harry is top choice to replace Allardyce as Shearer says 'No'

Newcastle will today approach Portsmouth for permission to speak to Harry Redknapp about taking over as manager — after Alan Shearer again snubbed them.

Sam Allardyce admitted he was 'shocked' after dramatically being sacked yesterday while Redknapp emerged as the favourite in the boardroom, where owner Mike Ashley is known to be a huge admirer of his exciting football style.

Odds on Redknapp heading to the north-east crashed from 11-1 to 2-1 in two hours, but he will be in turmoil as to whether to turn his back on Portsmouth. ]

Yet he remains one of the Barclays Premier League's lowest-paid managers despite recently signing a new four-year deal, while the prospect of a 'transfer fee' being paid to Portsmouth will not deter Ashley from pursuing his man.

One option likely to appeal to Ashley would be the prospect of Redknapp bringing his son, Jamie, to work alongside him.

Shearer, holidaying in Barbados, emerged an obvious and early favourite to replace Allardyce, but he has let it be known that he is not ready for a management role.

Allardyce, 53, was sacked hours after holding a press conference to talk about Newcastle's visit to Manchester United on Saturday.

He appeared oblivious to his fate, but later departed by 'mutual consent' following a brief meeting with Ashley and chairman Chris Mort.

He becomes the eighth Premier League manager to lose his job since the start of the season as Newcastle prepare to appoint their eighth boss in 11 years.

Mort said: 'Mike and I would like to place on record our thanks for Sam's efforts and wish him well for the future.'

He added that a further announcement on the managerial position would be made 'when appropriate'.

Allardyce, who was on a £3million-a-year, three-year contract and will receive a pay-off thought to be in the region of £4m, said: 'I'm disappointed obviously but I'd just like to wish everybody at Newcastle all the best for the future and I hope things go very well. Yes it was a shock, I didn't expect it.' Ashley sat with fans at Stoke last weekend and appeared in the dressing room before and after a difficult FA Cup goalless draw. 'He did not have the demeanour of a man about to wield the axe,' said one player.

Former Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson admitted he was 'stunned' to hear of Allardyce's exit.

He said: 'Hearing the news was without doubt a surprise and I am stunned.

'That's the eighth Premier League manager we've lost this season. The pressure is too much now. It's rather sad for the game.'

Should Newcastle fail to lure Redknapp, Blackburn's Mark Hughes and even Jose Mourinho may be alternative targets.

First-team coach Nigel Pearson will take charge for Saturday's match while Redknapp is scheduled to be in the north-east as Portsmouth take on Sunderland.

IMO its bullshit, i think Ashley&Mort is far ahead than "making an approach"

Now this:

"A new manager has not yet been appointed at Newcastle United. We will make a further announcement on the managerial position when appropriate."

(Taken from Sky) makes me think they have a couple of choices already lined up and are already making moves?

its from the statement on .cock

I think Redknapp has agreed to take the job and now we have to speak to Portsmouth.

If they say no then Redknapp will just quit.

What gives you that impression?

After all the shit of him going to Southampton and then going back to pompey, it's highly unlikely.

I think Redknapp has agreed to take the job and now we have to speak to Portsmouth.

The old 2+2=5 theory. :icon_lol:

Guest Patrokles
We have an owner and chairman with very little football knowledge so 99% of the names being mentioned would just pass them by as "who"?

Not sure I agree with that.

The old 2+2=5 theory. :icon_lol:

ah right that one :razz:

Are people on here seriously thinking we could attract Mourinho?? :icon_lol:

Awesome.

It all points to Redknapp vs Hughes for the job. Ashley knows the fans want attacking football, and he knows both of these managers try to get their teams playing like it.

Are people on here seriously thinking we could attrack Mourinho?? :icon_lol:

Awesome.

It all points to Redknapp vs Hughes for the job. Ashley knows the fans want attacking football, and he knows both of these managers try to get their teams playing like it.

I would see Redknapp as more of an option as his team aren't a bunch of hard tacklers who grind out results. They play good attacking football but have the players to do it. We unfortunately don't so we are going to have to get a hell of alot of his players up here as well. And didnt redknapp get alot of money at pompey to do what he wished. It kind of makes me wonder.

Are people on here seriously thinking we could attract Mourinho?? :icon_lol:

Awesome.

I think the timing of the appointment and Ashley being tagged as a 'billionaire' has elevated peoples expectations just a little bit :razz: