Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

Are people on here seriously thinking we could attract Mourinho?? :icon_lol:

Awesome.

It all points to Redknapp vs Hughes for the job. Ashley knows the fans want attacking football, and he knows both of these managers try to get their teams playing like it.

I agree with you, the likes of Mourinho and Lippi are just wishful thinking.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly my vies on what's been said on here.

Given how much the media has been derided here recently, I'm surprised that their words are being taken as gospel at the moment.

it's a joke really isn't it?

Football365's view:

Crazy Toon Sack Allardyce

Newcastle have sacked Sam Allardyce as the club's manager. And whatever you might think of Allardyce, it is surely utterly mad for the Toon to sack him now. When will this club stop deluding themselves?

Fuck off :razz:

To be fair Paul, they're right. In my opinion it's insane to sack a manager, days after denouncing the stories regarding his future as "tiresome". We're not the behemoth that some people seem to believe.

The next guy who ever it may be will only be given a few month, if he cant perform a miracle and get them playing and winning a few games he will be on the dole by the next transfer window

True enough. And don't any of the Allardyce Out crowd give me any shite about how they KNEW Allardyce couldn't turn things round, cos they didn't. We look ridiculous again.

I think I may have to put a contract out on the Allardyce out brigade if it's McLaren or any other shite for that matter.

This. Depressingly, absolutely and repetitively, this.

Were destined to be stuck in mid-table obscurity with managers like these. Especially with the lack of time we give them.

the lack of time, the lack of support and the lack of perspective. Honestly, it's the fans who sacked Allardyce.

I bet the bloke that they're going down the appropriate channels for is fucking chomping at the bit to leave his secure job and play 20 game Russian Roulette at NUFC.

will Jimbo, sammy, Wacky et al manage to make it to twenty games before whining that he (whoever it may be) isn't playing the players they want in the positions they want in the fashion they want?

Now, my view on all this.

The way it's happens smacks of someone already in the process of accepting the job. "proper channels" could be as much on our side of things as theirs, it may take a certain degree of time or paperwork to succefully announce a replacement manager. That it's not going to be Shearer comes as no little solace, he's not the man for us yet. I don't see Redknapp, Hughes or anyone else in the Premiership as a vast improvement on Allardyce. (Of those likely to come to Newcastle anyway)

The only teams playing "entertaining" football in my mind are Arsenal, Man U and perhaps, Pompey. But I just don't see Redknapp as a vast improvement on Allardyce especially with all the dodgy dealings under his belt. So would the nay-sayers settle for someone else playing dour football?

Hell, even Jose was renowned for playing dour defensive football, oh, before people starting saying "aye but it was winning dour football" I'll remind which players he had at the club.

If it is to be a foreign coach I'll be concerned about his premiership pedigree, I'll be concerned that we're as likely to get a Jean Tigana as an Arsene Wenger.

So far nothing I've heard has filled me with hope for the rest of the season.

I don't think we gave him enough time, and I doubt I'll ever be convinced otherwise, I'm sure the boo-brigade are delighted, but I'm sure they'll be the first (yet again) to call for the new mans head.

Whoever comes in, I'll support, whole heartedly. (Unless it's Souness :icon_lol: ) Because I believe whomever it is, needs time, needs support and needs our expectations lowered.

Oh and p.s. this is another example of how Newcastle is a fucking joke club.

Something from the old board, on the day of Souness' appointment that made me laugh

(MidfieldGeneral @ Sep 6 2004, 10:28 AM)

what happens if he has a falling out with someone like Bellamy or Bowyer and they end up being left on the sidelines as a result of the mans fucking childishness ?

premonitiontastic!

Im not sure either would want to come here having built good teams and having good runs atm.

This is the most excitement ive had with the club for 8 months though :icon_lol:

Fuck all the southern fans and press calling us worse than shit. Its 1 thing watching us lose for 3 mins on MOTD on a saturday night. Its another paying hundreds of pounds to shit through it week in week out.

Its Ashleys club now, i dont blame him for not wanting to give £20,30,40mil to a manager he doesnt want and didnt choose. Im sure whoever we get next will be given 'time'. Bobby was given time after a slow start as he knew what he was doing. First summer at the club he sold 90percent of the shit we had. I fucking hope our new manager does the same and gets rid of half the team. I wouldnt be sad to see our entire strikeforce leave.

We have an owner and chairman with very little football knowledge so 99% of the names being mentioned would just pass them by as "who"?

Not sure I agree with that.

Ah come on Ben, we've been agreeing on so much recently, don't ruin the love!

Hughes and Redknapp would be ridiculous, because at the end of the day, apart from this mystical 'brand of football' (as if they both haven't presided over awful teams before), then not a single anti-allardyce argument regarding experience, achievements, etc etc cannot be applied to these two either.

Whoever comes in, I'll support, whole heartedly. (Unless it's Souness :icon_lol: ) Because I believe whomever it is, needs time, needs support and needs our expectations lowered.

What the fat, posh lad said :razz:

Whoever comes in, I'll support, whole heartedly. (Unless it's Souness :razz: ) Because I believe whomever it is, needs time, needs support and needs our expectations lowered.

What the fat, posh lad said :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

oh... no wait.

fuck you man, just fuck you!

:(

I'm not happy that Sam's gone, but I have to admit... I'm starting to get addicted to that buzz of excitement and anxiety about who'll be our new manager. It's a nervous energy that makes me want to wind time forward.

What fucking bugs me with all the soothsayers is the fact they constantly whine about "who would want to come to this club?"

I posted a list of viable, available managers that could all do a good job at Newcastle two weeks ago and guess what all of them with possibly the exception of Mourinho would consider the toon job as a step up from where they currently are.

But no we're Newcastle and we're a joke so fuck it has to be Hughes or 'arry or Coppell or Boothfuckingroyth or Strachan.

Forget the supporters of other clubs laughing at us, they only do it because they know once this club gets it right they are going to be fucked six ways of sunday.

Have some faith, Mort and Ashley could see the problem and unlike Allardyce I bet they see the solution!

Edited by sammynb

What fucking bugs me with all the soothsayers is the fact they constantly whine about "who would want to come to this club?"

I posted a list of viable, available managers that could all do a good job at Newcastle two weeks ago and guess what all of them with possibly the exception of Mourinho would consider the toon job as a step up from where they currently are.

But no we're Newcastle and we're a joke so fuck it has to be Hughes or 'arry or Coppell or Boothfuckingroyth or Strachan.

Forget the supporters of other clubs laughing at us, they only do it because they know once this club gets it right they are going to be fucked six ways of sunday.

Have some faith, Mort and Ashley could see the problem and unlike Allardyce I bet they see the solution!

Will be a top class manager some day :icon_lol:

Will be a top class manager some day :icon_lol:

Just not here and now.

all the papers seem to be suggesting that the job is there for Redknapp to take, most saying that he is one of Ashley's favorite managers.

FFS!

I don't think the mingling and being the owner is a good idea, but this is Newcastle and it's different, if it is Redknapp or Hughes or McClaren it's another shocking shite appointment new board or not!

Whoever comes in, I'll support, whole heartedly. (Unless it's Souness :razz: ) Because I believe whomever it is, needs time, needs support and needs our expectations lowered.

oh... no wait.

I'm not happy that Sam's gone, but I have to admit... I'm starting to get addicted to that buzz of excitement and anxiety about who'll be our new manager. It's a nervous energy that makes me want to wind time forward.

I'm just nervous. I honestly don't think people are going to be happy with who we get.

Guest Patrokles

oh... no wait.

I'm just nervous. I honestly don't think people are going to be happy with who we get.

I think that's a given regardless of who it is. :D

so, hang on, you listed a bunch of managers and now suddenly they're interested?

where is this interest?

people are reacting to the

"not foreign"

"proper channels"

"not Shearer" comments, rightly or wrongly.

oh and the bit in bold? you're taking the piss right?

other fans laugh because we've over inflated views of the club, we're represented by redundaloids on Sky, we've changed our managers an incredible amount of times amongst many many other reason.

Magpies madness

Premier League Newcastle United

by Phil McNulty - BBC Sport 09 January 2008

comment on the article

Sam Allardyce

Newcastle United is the club that has made calamity its middle name - the long-running joke that still raises belly-laughs around the football world.

Sympathy will be in short supply for Sam Allardyce, whose heady combination of bluster and concrete-hard self-belief convinced him his feats at Bolton made him the perfect fit for an impossible job.

Newcastle can change managers, which they do with alarming regularity, or even change owners as they have done with Mike Ashley replacing Freddy Shepherd.

One thing, however, remains consistent. Namely the fault-line of shambolic self-destruction that runs straight through the middle of St James' Park and has contributed to almost 40 years without a major trophy.

And it has cracked the club wide open again with the departure of Allardyce after only 24 games and eight months, no time to prove a case for or against any manager.

But this is Newcastle and only the rules of the madhouse apply.

Newcastle is the club that loves to parade itself as big time. You can hear it now. Look at all those fans. Look at the beautiful stadium.

The trouble is that the finest shop window in the world is no use when the goods at the back are shoddy and almost beyond repair. In terms of football success, Newcastle are strictly small-time and there is no sign of that changing any time soon.

Allardyce's appointment was ill-fated and unpopular, but that was never going to be enough to stop Shepherd signing the man who saw himself as Tyneside's "People's Champion".

The people never wanted Allardyce and his basic brand of football. Just like they never really wanted Glenn Roeder before him, a nightwatchman manager badly out of his depth if ever there was one.

And Allardyce was almost instantly undermined when Shepherd, the man who lured him, was ousted out of the Newcastle boardroom by Ashley.

The credits were rolling for Big Sam. Unloved by the Toon Army and unappointed by his owner, he was history almost from day one. Typical Newcastle.

But when the laughing stops, Newcastle is left as club that could be great, but never will be until it starts acting in a manner that its fans deserve.

The trail of destruction that led to the leaving of Allardyce stretches back a long way.

Newcastle almost cracked it with Kevin Keegan. A decent and dignified man backed by an ambitious and wealthy chairman in Sir John Hall, providing superstars and stylish football in equal measure, he almost brought the title to Tyneside.

Sadly, once Keegan left, Newcastle never quite regained balance other than a spell under Sir Bobby Robson.

Kenny Dalglish was hastily shown the door having committed the crime of not being Keegan, Ruud Gullit's sexy football swiftly floundered and Graeme Souness was another unpopular appointment after Robson.

Managers were backed with cash, but there was an almost scattergun approach to management and recruitment. There was no clarity of thinking on or off the pitch and it has produced chaos.

It was a fault that lasted to the end, with Allardyce's backroom staff resembling a large commune rather than a tightly-knit team assisting the manager.

The constant managerial changes and turn-over of playing staff is no recipe for success at any level, least of all in the increasingly competitive Premier League environment.

And the sight of owner Ashley basking behind the goal with fans in his Newcastle shirt does little to fill anyone with confidence for the future.

It may make him look like the man of the people - but it is not the behaviour of a real football chairman. He must make hard-headed decisions, not indulge in policy on the hoof shaped by the shouts of a baying mob.

Ashley must get himself back to the directors' box, get a new manager, and give Newcastle United some continuity.

Alan Shearer is the popular choice as Allardyce's successor - and the brutal truth is Newcastle's fans will not be satisfied with anyone until their hero has had a crack.

This would still be a gamble, even if Shearer can be persuaded. He has no managerial experience, although you would not bet against him succeeding.

Newcastle now needs something it has not had in a generation. Namely a period of calm and stability to allow the club to grow and then flourish.

Is Ashley the man for this? The jury is very much out and his credentials are on the line with this appointment.

Until then, Newcastle will remain the Premiership's finest old music hall act, giving laughs and entertainment a-plenty to everyone but their own suffering supporters.

Edited by The Fish

so, hang on, you listed a bunch of managers and now suddenly they're interested?

where is this interest?

people are reacting to the

"not foreign"

"proper channels"

"not Shearer" comments, rightly or wrongly.

oh and the bit in bold? you're taking the piss right?

other fans laugh because we've over inflated views of the club, we're represented by redundaloids on Sky, we've changed our managers an incredible amount of times amongst many many other reason.

For fuck sake Dave, you'd find an argument in an empty room at the moment, are you fop in disguise?

Where did I say they are interested, I said they're available!

And yes I'm very serious, Alex and bunch of other alluded to the exact same sentiment a couple of days ago.

To be honest mate your opinion of Newcastle has been so negative for so long now that maybe you need to look beyond the manager shite and remember which club you support.

Magpies madness

Allardyce's appointment was ill-fated and unpopular, but that was never going to be enough to stop Shepherd signing the man who saw himself as Tyneside's "People's Champion".

The people never wanted Allardyce and his basic brand of football. Just like they never really wanted Glenn Roeder before him, a nightwatchman manager badly out of his depth if ever there was one.

And Allardyce was almost instantly undermined when Shepherd, the man who lured him, was ousted out of the Newcastle boardroom by Ashley.

That bit is correct the rest is just the usual opinionated journalist bullshit.

Dave, it's like people calling you the posh fat bastid, enough people keep doing it and someone who doesn't know you will believe it to be true.