Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

Not my view of Newcastle mate. just certain portions of the support.

I love the club, spent plenty of cash on it, every season I hope and pray that we'll finally finally achieve something.

However, I understand why other fans laugh at us, I understand we're nothing like a competitive club, I understand that chopping and changing managers is fucking stupid and I understand that it's easy to say these things when I don't have a season ticket and see it week in week out.

but trust me the latter is not by choice.

I just get fed up with the black and white tinted glasses that people wear. We're a mid-table club and (save a miracle) we will be for a few more years. It's not just a case of three signings, it's the whole club that needs nurturing back to health. It's taken ten years to get to this point from Keegan's joy ride, I don't for one second believe that we'll get back there in 20 games and people who do are just insane.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bit is correct the rest is just the usual opinionated journalist bullshit.

Dave, it's like people calling you the posh fat bastid, enough people keep doing it and someone who doesn't know you will believe it to be true.

and this bit

One thing, however, remains consistent. Namely the fault-line of shambolic self-destruction that runs straight through the middle of St James' Park and has contributed to almost 40 years without a major trophy.

And it has cracked the club wide open again with the departure of Allardyce after only 24 games and eight months, no time to prove a case for or against any manager.

But this is Newcastle and only the rules of the madhouse apply.

Newcastle is the club that loves to parade itself as big time. You can hear it now. Look at all those fans. Look at the beautiful stadium.

The trouble is that the finest shop window in the world is no use when the goods at the back are shoddy and almost beyond repair. In terms of football success, Newcastle are strictly small-time and there is no sign of that changing any time soon.

oh and this bit.

Newcastle now needs something it has not had in a generation. Namely a period of calm and stability to allow the club to grow and then flourish.

What fucking bugs me with all the soothsayers is the fact they constantly whine about "who would want to come to this club?"

I posted a list of viable, available managers that could all do a good job at Newcastle two weeks ago and guess what all of them with possibly the exception of Mourinho would consider the toon job as a step up from where they currently are.

But no we're Newcastle and we're a joke so fuck it has to be Hughes or 'arry or Coppell or Boothfuckingroyth or Strachan.

Forget the supporters of other clubs laughing at us, they only do it because they know once this club gets it right they are going to be fucked six ways of sunday.

Have some faith, Mort and Ashley could see the problem and unlike Allardyce I bet they see the solution!

I have no doubts or reservations about the calibre of manager this club can attract, only the fact that the owner and chairman have to sell the club to him by showing their ambition, and actually showing it, or he would be off.

Thought for the day. But time will tell.

Not my view of Newcastle mate. just certain portions of the support.

I love the club, spent plenty of cash on it, every season I hope and pray that we'll finally finally achieve something.

However, I understand why other fans laugh at us, I understand we're nothing like a competitive club, I understand that chopping and changing managers is fucking stupid and I understand that it's easy to say these things when I don't have a season ticket and see it week in week out.

but trust me the latter is not by choice.

I just get fed up with the black and white tinted glasses that people wear. We're a mid-table club and (save a miracle) we will be for a few more years. It's not just a case of three signings, it's the whole club that needs nurturing back to health. It's taken ten years to get to this point from Keegan's joy ride, I don't for one second believe that we'll get back there in 20 games and people who do are just insane.

Ok and guess what I agree with all of the above.

But it was obvious that Allardyce wasn't the manager to do it.

Forget the attractive football argument, forget the league table argument, forget the cash to spend argument.

Just like that last season of SBR, the Souness and Roeder reigns, he was making the same mistakes over and over and over again. He just dodn't look like he knew what he was doing. How to change things, how to take the club forward.

Stability is one thing but there has to be progress however slight and Allardyce didn't show progress. Noelie the old bugger pointed to the lack of change between the two Derby matches and bless him, he's was fucking right (for once).

The club has done the correct thing and cut their losses. He couldn't be trusted with more transfer funds, so they needed to back him or sack him. And they've had the balls to do the right thing.

Are people on here seriously thinking we could attract Mourinho?? :icon_lol:

Awesome.

It all points to Redknapp vs Hughes for the job. Ashley knows the fans want attacking football, and he knows both of these managers try to get their teams playing like it.

And the difference between attracting Mourinho and Dalglish is what exactly ?

I realise not too many people stop and think about just how qualified Dalglish was for the job at the time, simply because the fat bastard was the chairman/chairman elect

That bit is correct the rest is just the usual opinionated journalist bullshit.

Dave, it's like people calling you the posh fat bastid, enough people keep doing it and someone who doesn't know you will believe it to be true.

and this bit

One thing, however, remains consistent. Namely the fault-line of shambolic self-destruction that runs straight through the middle of St James' Park and has contributed to almost 40 years without a major trophy.

And it has cracked the club wide open again with the departure of Allardyce after only 24 games and eight months, no time to prove a case for or against any manager.

But this is Newcastle and only the rules of the madhouse apply.

Newcastle is the club that loves to parade itself as big time. You can hear it now. Look at all those fans. Look at the beautiful stadium.

The trouble is that the finest shop window in the world is no use when the goods at the back are shoddy and almost beyond repair. In terms of football success, Newcastle are strictly small-time and there is no sign of that changing any time soon.

oh and this bit.

Newcastle now needs something it has not had in a generation. Namely a period of calm and stability to allow the club to grow and then flourish.

Sorry mate but I don't believe that for a second.

As I said in the post before this he wasn't the right man for the job.

And yes the second quote is correct but with the right manager, not some pig headed anti football twat.

Leaze is right in his response to my available managers post.

It's up to the chairman and owner to seel this club to a manager that can bring stability and a future, not a manager like Allardyce that thought prozone stats and mathematical set pieces are the future of football.

Final thought on Allardyce, the last 5 or so matches have seen the team start relatively strong in the first half and then come out a complete shambles in the second, Stoke being a great example. Why?

Forget the attractive football argument, forget the league table argument, forget the cash to spend argument.

Just like that last season of SBR, the Souness and Roeder reigns, he was making the same mistakes over and over and over again. He just dodn't look like he knew what he was doing. How to change things, how to take the club forward.

Stability is one thing but there has to be progress however slight and Allardyce didn't show progress. Noelie the old bugger pointed to the lack of change between the two Derby matches and bless him, he's was fucking right (for once).

The club has done the correct thing and cut their losses. He couldn't be trusted with more transfer funds, so they needed to back him or sack him. And they've had the balls to do the right thing.

They've only done the right thing if the man they replace Sam Allardyce is an improvement. If not, it's the same song by a different singer.

They've only done the right thing if the man they replace Sam Allardyce is an improvement. If not, it's the same song by a different singer.

So give them a chance Dave!

the other bits we'll never agree on, so it's fruitless to persist arguing about it, however...

Final thought on Allardyce, the last 5 or so matches have seen the team start relatively strong in the first half and then come out a complete shambles in the second, Stoke being a great example. Why?

two possibilities, Allardyce had lost the dressing room long ago. (thanks in small part to the barracking from the fans iyam), or the players themselves need to look at their performances because as Given said. Once you've crossed the white line it's up to them. I've said a while ago that we didn't have a captain at the club.

oh and to the "give them a chance", doesn't that irony taste bitter to you? :icon_lol:

Edited by The Fish

oh and to the "give them a chance", doesn't that irony taste bitter to you? :razz:

:icon_lol:

No because Allardyce wasn't their appointment.

Go to bed.

I meant that you didn't really give Allardyce "time" now did you, yet you're asking me to give Mort and Ashley time, despite my being the more patient of the two of us.

now you go to bed mate :icon_lol:

I'll have Hughes if and only if he brings Roque Santa Cruz (or Bentley) with him.

Otherwise, I've resigned myself to 'Arry. It'll be interesting, if nothing else.

How long will you give them? Until ESPN shows a game which we lose?

I'll have Hughes if and only if he brings Roque Santa Cruz (or Bentley) with him.

Otherwise, I've resigned myself to 'Arry. It'll be interesting, if nothing else.

Easy Target but = :icon_lol:

so three games after Jimbo calls for the head of Alfredo Garcia?

oh and to the "give them a chance", doesn't that irony taste bitter to you? :razz:

:icon_lol:

No because Allardyce wasn't their appointment.

Go to bed.

I meant that you didn't really give Allardyce "time" now did you, yet you're asking me to give Mort and Ashley time, despite my being the more patient of the two of us.

now you go to bed mate :icon_lol:

I wish I could but the bastids want me to work.

But I did give Allardyce time, enough to see like Souness and Roeder he wasn't going to work.

It's not hard when it's so obvious. As I have said on many occassion some people will never go any further than where they already are.

Just like it's obvious Ashley and Mort are making changes and improving the club.