Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite what I've said recently about needing time etc. once the initial shock wore off, I have to admit I was pleased he had gone. Hope the 'Arry rumours are just that though, i.e. rumours.

Despite what I've said recently about needing time etc. once the initial shock wore off, I have to admit I was pleased he had gone. Hope the 'Arry rumours are just that though, i.e. rumours.

Thats exactly how I feel.

This is now the first chance to really find out if Ashley is likely to make a good chairman or if we are looking at more of the same for the future. We are about to find out what our new owner is all about

I've gone the other way - initial delight is now tempered by what looks like lack of lined up replacement.

Please God not another trawl through mediocre British managers before settling.

I hope the Redknapp thing is people taking the "british" remark and making 2+2 = 5

I can't believe there isn't someone lined up like. The dismissal makes no sense otherwise. Unless the conversation about Nolan is spot on :razz: We were linked with a £5m bid in The Independent iirc yesterday :icon_lol:

I've gone the other way - initial delight is now tempered by what looks like lack of lined up replacement.

I hope the Redknapp thing is people taking the "british" remark and making 2+2 = 5

So basically those who wanted him sacked are unhappy, and those who thought he should get more time are pleased. :icon_lol:

According to Micky Quinn on Talksport this morning, Allardyce had a meeting with Sam on Saturday where the brand of football was discussed. Apparently they couldnt agree on this, the way the football was being played and it that this was the last straw for Mike.

I reckon the meeting went along the lines of

SAM: We need to buy Kevin Nolan

Ashley: OK Ive heard enough

:icon_lol:

All joking aside, I think that's probably not far from the truth. Barton may well end in the nick and I wouldn't be surprised if Sam's tried to stick a plaster over it all by signing Nolan.

So basically those who wanted him sacked are unhappy, and those who thought he should get more time are pleased. :icon_lol:

Yes :razz:

So basically those who wanted him sacked are unhappy, and those who thought he should get more time are pleased. :razz:

Yes :icon_lol:

I feel the same as alex as well, it's true. :icon_lol:

In the cold light of day my "they must have someone lined up" optimism of last night has been replaced by Shepherdesque deja vu.

According to Micky Quinn on Talksport this morning, Allardyce had a meeting with Sam on Saturday where the brand of football was discussed. Apparently they couldnt agree on this, the way the football was being played and it that this was the last straw for Mike.

I reckon the meeting went along the lines of

SAM: We need to buy Kevin Nolan

Ashley: OK Ive heard enough

Stealing my jokes hey? :icon_lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=17718

Edited by Ken

I'm still in a state of shock tbh!

But for God's sake, don't let it be Harry fucking Redknapp.

Someone posted a newspaper report a few weeks ago about Ashley chasing Redknapp, we all called it bollocks and it still is if you ask me. I just reckon a few punters have remembered that article and bet big on it happening causing his odds to shorten massively.

I'd be amazed if it happens (in a bad way).

EDIT: and the article was by a complete twunt who'd done 4 or 5 in a row trying to unsettle things at the Toon.

Edited by Happy Face

Redknapp or Hughes? oh aye, I positively tingle at the prospect. :icon_lol:

Wasn't it you recently telling everyone they're daft for believing press speculation?

Redknapp or Hughes? oh aye, I positively tingle at the prospect. :razz:

Wasn't it you recently telling everyone they're daft for believing press speculation?

yeah, what he said fishfingers! :icon_lol:

Thought it was pretty clear I was meaning that caliber of manager, rather than those two in particular alex ya big slaphead nonce boy :icon_lol:

Thought it was pretty clear I was meaning that caliber of manager, rather than those two in particular alex ya big slaphead nonce boy :icon_lol:

quality of the speculation?