Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Trophyshy said he was excited and you used the names being bandied about in the press as a reason not to be Dave.

to be fair alex, you're just fishing for an argument now.

Trophyshy was responding to my "nervous" post intimating that he's excited, I replied with those two managers because, in all honesty, that's the "talent" I'm expecting... hence my disillusionment

Well Trophyshy said he was excited and you used the names being bandied about in the press as a reason not to be Dave.

Trophyshy was responding to my "nervous" post intimating that he's excited, I replied with those two managers because, in all honesty, that's the "talent" I'm expecting... hence my disillusionment

I think either of those managers could be better than BFSA anyway. At least they actually play football.

I think either of those managers could be better than BFSA anyway. At least they actually play football.

Will either get us into Europe this season? and consistently thereafter?

Let me consult my crystal balls and come back to you.....

Edited by trophyshy

I'm genuinely not. I'm just surprised you've changed your tune about the press all of a sudden. In all fairness they've predicted practically nothing rightly about the club since Mort and Ashley took over. They were even totally in the dark re: Allardyce going when he did. Look at all the stuff about selling the club and buying Spurs and numerous other stories etc. I'm of the 'wait and see' frame of mind because I honestly don't think the papers have a clue what's going on.

I will.

I will.

easyjet?

I'm genuinely not. I'm just surprised you've changed your tune about the press all of a sudden. In all fairness they've predicted practically nothing rightly about the club since Mort and Ashley took over. They were even totally in the dark re: Allardyce going when he did. Look at all the stuff about selling the club and buying Spurs and numerous other stories etc. I'm of the 'wait and see' frame of mind because I honestly don't think the papers have a clue what's going on.

I don't see how I'm believing what the press say.

I'm saying I'm not anticipating a manager who will blow our socks off.

not sure if this has already been posted.

However, former Tottenham vice-president Paul Kemsley, who is a close friend of Ashley, has hinted that a permanent appointment may not be far off.

Kemsley, who is a known admirer of Redknapp and is thought to have wanted Spurs to appoint him as Martin Jol's replacement, would not be drawn on whether Ashley already has a manager lined up.

But he told BBC Radio Five Live: "Mike is a considered guy, he does not make rash decisions. He will have a plan and I am sure he knows what he is doing.

"I would be very excited if I was a Newcastle fan, as I know Mike will deliver for them. He wants to see good quality, attacking football and he wants to win games."

The fact remains that Newcastle are now looking for their sixth manager in 10 years.

Ironically, Allardyce had spoken about the lack of time afforded to Premier League managers in the modern-day game just before he was sacked.

But Kemsley feels Allardyce may have been living on borrowed time because he was appointed by ex-chairman Freddy Shepherd before Ashley's takeover.

He added: "Allardyce was not Mike's choice - but he gave him time because he wanted to see if he could deliver.

"However, he felt it was in the best interests of the club to sack Allardyce and that is what happened.

"Mike has already invested £250m in the club and is prepared to invest more but he wants to do that with his own man in place."

and nor should you.

BSA was wrong, next man might be also but he won't be BSA, which is why I'm excited.

Edited by trophyshy

Even Oliver (who originally said that) is now saying it will be Hughes or Redknapp so you've lost me there Dave.

right.

I don't care what the papers say, regardless of what is printed I don't see us getting a "world class manager" I see us getting a middle of the road premiership boss who won't inspire me, hence my lack of vim.

I picked out those two managers, rather than listing all the premiership bosses, purely for the sake of brevity and to add a little punch to the post.

What alex said times infinity.

Totally agree. I wouldn't even bother throwing names in the hat because imo there's only two people that know whats going on at the moment and thats Mort & Ashley but I've a feeling they've got something up their sleeve.

Can't help thinking him being sacked has something to do with Anals story, to much of a coincidence for my liking.

There I was cooking the tea quite happily when the news came on the radio :icon_lol::razz: I was totally shocked, stll am really. Bitterly upset Big Sam hasnt worked out, I really thought it would and wanted him to have longer. What a complete shambles this all is, I feel so utterly dejected that I practically don't care anymore :o

Gotta love a woman who knows her place. :D

Through all the adversity and drama, she still cooked the dinner. My kind of woman. :blush:

Yes I did (and dessert) though didnt have much appetite for my own ^_^

OH and Jonny and Wacky....... ;)

(cooking dinner in a peephole bra could prove painful) :icon_lol::(

There I was cooking the tea quite happily when the news came on the radio :icon_lol::razz: I was totally shocked, stll am really. Bitterly upset Big Sam hasnt worked out, I really thought it would and wanted him to have longer. What a complete shambles this all is, I feel so utterly dejected that I practically don't care anymore ;)

Through all the adversity and drama, she still cooked the dinner. My kind of woman. :blush:

Yes I did (and dessert) though didnt have much appetite for my own :o

OH and Jonny and Wacky....... :razz:

Aye, could end up with a couple of boil in the bags going on without even knowing it ^_^

Can't help thinking him being sacked has something to do with Anals story, to much of a coincidence for my liking.

18/1 on betfair last time I looked.

what story and who is 18?

Of course you did. Pure coincidence :icon_lol:

sweet lordy dear, alex man I don't think it's going to be Hughes or Redknapp. Neither would leave a club who they've had some degree of progress with against certain odds, to come to a club that still sacks a man after 20 games despite assuring him his job is safe.

neither do I think it'll be Jose or Lippi etc.

I think it'll be a middle of the road manager, which is why I can't get excited.

The story is in another thread about a top class manager being interested in the job last week and would "blow Ashley's socks off" or something.

I think Jose is 18/1.

There I was cooking the tea quite happily when the news came on the radio :icon_lol::razz: I was totally shocked, stll am really. Bitterly upset Big Sam hasnt worked out, I really thought it would and wanted him to have longer. What a complete shambles this all is, I feel so utterly dejected that I practically don't care anymore :razz:

Yes I did (and dessert) though didnt have much appetite for my own ;)

OH and Jonny and Wacky....... :razz:

Aye, could end up with a couple of boil in the bags going on without even knowing it ^_^

:o

Of course you did. Pure coincidence :icon_lol:

sweet lordy dear, alex man I don't think it's going to be Hughes or Redknapp. Neither would leave a club who they've had some degree of progress with against certain odds, to come to a club that still sacks a man after 20 games despite assuring him his job is safe.

neither do I think it'll be Jose or Lippi etc.

I think it'll be a middle of the road manager, which is why I can't get excited.

Quick have a pimms and run around with your underpants on your head Dave, that will help.

The story is in another thread about a top class manager being interested in the job last week and would "blow Ashley's socks off" or something.

I think Jose is 18/1.

cheers mate!