Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you did. Pure coincidence :icon_lol:

sweet lordy dear, alex man I don't think it's going to be Hughes or Redknapp. Neither would leave a club who they've had some degree of progress with against certain odds, to come to a club that still sacks a man after 20 games despite assuring him his job is safe.

neither do I think it'll be Jose or Lippi etc.

I think it'll be a middle of the road manager, which is why I can't get excited.

Quick have a pimms and run around with your underpants on your head Dave, that will help.

Then slam yourself into that beer can wall you painstakingly created in your last term you quirky bastard

so... what exactly is it that you don't understand, I used those two managers purely for rhetoric, nothing else.

and wacky, once again, your craic is shit.

Guest James_coDurham
so... what exactly is it that you don't understand, I used those two managers purely for rhetoric, nothing else.

and wacky, once again, your craic is shit.

qft

Shearer is apparently not contemplating the Newcastle job

Alan Shearer is extremely unlikely to be the next manager of Newcastle, sources close to the former Magpies captain have confirmed to the BBC.

Shearer has been tipped to succeed Sam Allardyce but he is said to be very happy with his job on Match of the Day.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has also been linked with the job but has insisted it was pure speculation.

"There's nothing in my being linked with the job. I am happy on the south coast," he told the News in Portsmouth.

Report: Allardyce leaves Newcastle United

"I have not spoken to anyone from Newcastle. I really do not know anything about this."

When asked by BBC Radio Solent whether he was interested in taking over at St James' Park he said it was a "hypothetical question".

Regardless, Redknapp has been made the even-money favourite by several bookies.

Other names linked with the job include Martin Jol, Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klinsmann, Marcello Lippi and former England boss Steve McClaren.

But McClaren appears to be a very remote prospect after Newcastle owner Mike Ashley quipped last month that the former Boro manager was "there with the ex-wife on the 'Do not get a Christmas card' list".

Magpies assistant boss Nigel Pearson has been put in temporary charge for Saturday's match against defending champions Manchester United.

However, former Tottenham vice-president Paul Kemsley, who is a close friend of Ashley, has hinted a permanent appointment may not be far off.

Kemsley, who is a known admirer of Redknapp and is thought to have wanted Spurs to appoint him as Martin Jol's replacement, would not be drawn on whether Ashley already has a manager lined up.

But he told BBC Radio 5 Live: "Mike is a considered guy, he does not make rash decisions. He will have a plan and I am sure he knows what he is doing.

"I would be very excited if I was a Newcastle fan, as I know Mike will deliver for them. He wants to see good quality, attacking football and he wants to win games."

The fact remains that Newcastle are now looking for their sixth manager in 10 years.

Ironically, Allardyce had spoken about the lack of time afforded to Premier League managers in the modern-day game just before he was sacked.

Mike [Ashley] has already invested £250m in the club and is prepared to invest more but he wants to do that with his own man in place

But Kemsley feels Allardyce may have been living on borrowed time because he was appointed by ex-chairman Freddy Shepherd before Ashley's takeover.

He added: "Allardyce was not Mike's choice - but he gave him time because he wanted to see if he could deliver.

"However, he felt it was in the best interests of the club to sack Allardyce and that is what happened.

"Mike has already invested £250m in the club and is prepared to invest more but he wants to do that with his own man in place."

I don't understand why you sarcastically said you were excited at the prospect of two managers joining since you've subsequently said you don't think either will arrive. I hope that clears that one up.

Edited by alex

Leazes - to answer your question about Dalglish/Mourinho.

Times have changed - I realise that Kenny was even more qualified than Mourinho for the job, but it's a different club now. I think it's going to be harder to turn this around than it was at the time.

Plus I don't think Dalglish was being linked with 4 of the top jobs in European football, and hadn't just turned down the England job.

Shearer is apparently not contemplating the Newcastle job

Alan Shearer is extremely unlikely to be the next manager of Newcastle, sources close to the former Magpies captain have confirmed to the BBC.

Shearer has been tipped to succeed Sam Allardyce but he is said to be very happy with his job on Match of the Day.

It's canny funny funny that he refused to end the speculation before Allardyce went.

Must've hated the twat being here.

:icon_lol:

Petty though too.

Edited by Happy Face

I'm not too worried about the England job thing. I think it was purely a case of not wanting to go into international management yet, if ever. I'm worried about the likes of Barcelona fancying him obviously.

Less than 24 hours after one of them really big days in the Toon's history, and semantics is still the most important thing to discuss on here?

Stop being such a fanny.

Less than 24 hours after one of them really big days in the Toon's history, and semantics is still the most important thing to discuss on here?

:razz:

Stop being such a fanny.

I'm not being a fanny, I'm being a cock.

Guest Patrokles

I think that having Ashley's own choice in place will be good for the club, even if it's a sideways step. I'd rather see Redknapp or Hughes here, backed to the hilt by Ashley, than Allardyce here when the owner has massive doubts over him and refuses to sanction the release of funds. Notwithstanding the better football, too.

Having said that, I can personally see Ashley pulling out all the stops here and making a business-like decision- ie, appointing the candidate with the best CV.

I think that having Ashley's own choice in place will be good for the club, even if it's a sideways step. I'd rather see Redknapp or Hughes here, backed to the hilt by Ashley, than Allardyce here when the owner has massive doubts over him and refuses to sanction the release of funds. Notwithstanding the better football, too.

Having said that, I can personally see Ashley pulling out all the stops here and making a business-like decision- ie, appointing the candidate with the best CV.

sense.

I don't understand why you sarcastically said you were excited at the prospect of two managers joining since you've subsequently said you don't think either will arrive. I hope that clears that one up.

I msutn't be explaining this right.

I only used those two names as they are exemplars of the caliber of manager I expect we'll employ.

I could as well have said "Middle of the road english manager who has won nothing and who's current job is pretty safe? oh aye, I positively tingle at the prospect. :icon_lol: " but figured it wouldn't have the same punch as if I mentioned two managers who best epitomise the level I was wanting to illustrate.

does that clear things up?

and no Wacky I'm not seething, but you seem to only appear when you can latch yourself onto something somebody else has said. Sycophantically hopping onto whatever bandwagon you like. I'm yet to see an original or salient point come from you.

sense.

Yup, agree.

That's how I see it as well. Although I'd be disappointed with both those guys mentioned.

Edited by Big TRon

Same old shite isn't it...? All our rivals are busy strengthening their teams 2/3 of the way into the mid-season transfer window and there's us... managerless! :icon_lol:

I sincerely hope whoever is lined up to take over is brought in quick.

just bumped into this on the Sunderland Echo's website

http://video.jpress.co.uk/editorial/SEJJ/allardyce.wmv

i'm really sorry for the man, best wishes

Sorry for Allardyce?

Only has himself to blame.

His signings, tactics and outlook screamed smalltime.

In all his 24 games he won 8 and drew 6

In Roeder's LAST 24 he won 7 and drew 6

At least he had injuries to blame.

just bumped into this on the Sunderland Echo's website

http://video.jpress.co.uk/editorial/SEJJ/allardyce.wmv

i'm really sorry for the man, best wishes

Sorry for Allardyce?

Only has himself to blame.

His signings, tactics and outlook screamed smalltime.

In all his 24 games he won 8 and drew 6

In Roeder's LAST 24 he won 7 and drew 6

At least he had injuries to blame.

Couldn't agree more re: the bit in bold. Brought it on himself with his strange selections etc.

I hope the second part of that post is true.

If not then the first point has made me feel (slightly) better about the Redknapp type prospect

The CV element only seems to apply to trophies won though, seeing as progress in the league, transfer record and back room development count for nowt. How can you take account of a managers CV when every single other manager has recently stated Sam had a good one?