Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

The CV element only seems to apply to trophies won though, seeing as progress in the league, transfer record and back room development count for nowt. How can you take account of a managers CV when every single other manager has recently stated Sam had a good one?

Allardyce's CV was good but he'd never managed a club with larger expectations than Bolton. He didn't appear up to the job when he did but are you saying that because a manager with a decent CV failed here we should ignore manager's CVs in the future?

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so... what exactly is it that you don't understand, I used those two managers purely for rhetoric, nothing else.

I don't understand why you sarcastically said you were excited at the prospect of two managers joining since you've subsequently said you don't think either will arrive. I hope that clears that one up.

I msutn't be explaining this right.

I only used those two names as they are exemplars of the caliber of manager I expect we'll employ.

I could as well have said "Middle of the road english manager who has won nothing and who's current job is pretty safe? oh aye, I positively tingle at the prospect. :icon_lol: " but figured it wouldn't have the same punch as if I mentioned two managers who best epitomise the level I was wanting to illustrate.

does that clear things up?

and no Wacky I'm not seething, but you seem to only appear when you can latch yourself onto something somebody else has said. Sycophantically hopping onto whatever bandwagon you like. I'm yet to see an original or salient point come from you.

Stop kidding yourself, you were livid pogo.

Guest Patrokles
The CV element only seems to apply to trophies won though, seeing as progress in the league, transfer record and back room development count for nowt. How can you take account of a managers CV when every single other manager has recently stated Sam had a good one?

What's wrong with looking at achievements re. trophies? There are managers out there with champion's league, premier league, other league wins. This contrasts nicely with Allardyce.

What's wrong with looking at achievements re. trophies? There are managers out there with champion's league, premier league, other league wins. This contrasts nicely with Allardyce.

Let's get Souness.

Out of interest, has Redknapp actually ever won anything as a manager?

Promotion with Bournemouth? And that's a guess.

That's about it, yes, I've just had a look at his Wikipedia entry. In a way Redknapp, too, is just another flavour of the month manager - his CV isn't particularly impressive at all.

Out of interest, has Redknapp actually ever won anything as a manager?

Promotion with Bournemouth? And that's a guess.

That's about it, yes, I've just had a look at his Wikipedia entry. In a way Redknapp, too, is just another flavour of the month manager - his CV isn't particularly impressive at all.

Funny after the coppers went round his gaff though.

Shirley was none too chuffed though.

He had to give her a dry slap.

I'll have Hughes if and only if he brings Roque Santa Cruz (or Bentley) with him.

Otherwise, I've resigned myself to 'Arry. It'll be interesting, if nothing else.

How long will you give them? Until ESPN shows a game which we lose?

Hilarious. ESPN doesn't show Toon games if you're wondering, but clearly you know it all. (Fox Soccer Channel shows them, and I don't think we've won a game on FSC since Roeder v. Liverpool last year. They usually show us v. top four teams.)

And I hardly think I've been vocal about wanting rid of Allardyce. Yes, I have consistently predicted his demise - it was always going to happen after the Derby defeat, in my opinion, and it was just a question of when - but I'm not happy about how farcical it makes us look, the greater sense of instability it has generated, and the (likely) appointment of another shite manager.

But no, go on, keep having a go, you and your US Nazi flag.

We drew with Derby. It might have felt like a loss to the crybabies lamenting the death of "their" club as they know it, but it was definitely a draw. Unless you're suggesting he was done for 5 games into the season.

Oh no, I meant the first Derby game. That was the first game where his truly shit team selections began to show. A defensive team (against Derby!) with 4 central midfielders (Smith and Geremi among them), no width at all, no creativity, and Ameobi playing. And this after we were unbeaten to this point, not like we were trying to stop a losing slide or anything.

I thought to myself (mystic ATP) "This isn't the man who will succeed at Newcastle. If he can't prove this game wasn't a blip the fans and press will eat him alive." As it turned out there were many many more blips. The media only needs a few "unattractive/unappealing/defensive" games that we lose or draw badly in order to begin the whole "Toon fans want attacking football" line again and when it became apparent that he wouldn't be providing attacking football, some of the fans began to believe it.

His awful selections didn't help either. The formation against Liverpool I think was the low point of his "tactics" with us but there were many other occasions for ridicule.

there was an everton email earlier whining that our fickleness is matched only by our arrogance, we're not a big club and we've won nothing.

Irony is a beautiful thing.

At least we're not having loads of shit transfer rumours appearing anymore.

When other managers sack their manager, is there this much press coverage? And people say we're not a big club :icon_lol:

Spot on.

Is having won a trophy the minimum entry requirement then? After that, then you go on this long and winding process of considering respective CVs?

quotes are that he's turned it down before and he's very happy on the south coast... which means he could be in line for the Eastbourne job :icon_lol:

Odds shortening for Keegan now... 8/1 at places.

yet more proof that no-one has a fucking clue. Keegan will never leave his football school thing, especially not to leap straight back into the obscene pressure he'd be under at Newcastle.