Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be realistic. Nobody better than Redknapp will come to the club. Doesn't matter how much money you throw at them, because bigger and better clubs are worth waiting for.

This might be true but clearly we haven't gone for them or a deal for Redknapp couldn't be nearly done. And if we were putting feelers out before Sam got the bullet and found out that they weren't interested then why bother sacking one mediocre manager to get another in.

Would have much preferred Jol myself and surely he would have been interested.

Let's be realistic. Nobody better than Redknapp will come to the club. Doesn't matter how much money you throw at them, because bigger and better clubs are worth waiting for.

I'm not sure tbh. I think no-one seriously expects the likes of Mourinho and Lippi to even consider the job, but I would think there are other managers in Europe who could easily be persuaded to manage one of the Premier League's wealthier and bigger clubs.

PORTSMOUTH boss Harry Redknapp is reportedly heading to Newcastle on a plane to talk about taking over at St James's Park, it was reported tonight.

The Pompey boss has already stressed that he is happy on the South Coast, but Sky Sports news is reporting specualtion that Redknapp is on his way to Tyneside in a plane to meet with United owner Mike Ashley.

Portsmouth have recently released a statement saying speculation surrounding Redknapp's future at Fratton Park is 'unhelpful'.

It reads: "We take it as a compliment that our players and personnel are often linked with some of the top clubs in this country, and indeed abroad.

"It is testimony to the quality of their work.

"However, we do feel it necessary to correct some of the inaccuracies in reports that have surfaced today.

"The club has received no approach for the services of our valued manager Harry Redknapp. He remains as committed as ever to this football club and he recently signed a new, improved four-year contract with Portsmouth.

"We're in the middle of the busiest time of the season because of the heavy fixture list and month-long transfer window and, as such, this speculation is unhelpful."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Is-Harr...lane.3662493.jp

Must admit I'm seriously underwhelmed, sounds like it is almost done. I hope he brings Tony Adams with him though, would be majorly pissed off it not, a good coach but chances are he might fancy the Pompey job.

Is that ITK info?

I'm hoping it came from the same bloke who told Akabusi we were signing Giles Barnes as I am still waiting on that one happening... :lol:

Spurs got Ramos, after all. Speaking of which, I'd take Martin Jol over Redknapp.

There's not a chance in hell that Ashley would appoint Jol, given what his "best mate" thinks about the man.

What a joke though, Spurs sack a decent manager and get Ramos, we sack ours and get Redknapp. I'd rather have Shearer and Keegan.

This news that Redknapp is on a plane from Southampton to Newcastle - has anyone checked the times, as the plane doesn't take off for a couple of hours :lol:

I love Sky Sports News. I remember when they had to report news rather than bullshit.

Must admit I'm seriously underwhelmed, sounds like it is almost done. I hope he brings Tony Adams with him though, would be majorly pissed off it not, a good coach but chances are he might fancy the Pompey job.

Is that ITK info?

I'm hoping it came from the same bloke who told Akabusi we were signing Giles Barnes as I am still waiting on that one happening... :lol:

Rather than te one who told him that Sam was going to be sacked, 24 hours before it happened?

Is that ITK info?

Rather than te one who told him that Sam was going to be sacked, 24 hours before it happened?

Obviously...

It's not the first time I'd rather believe the press than those itk :lol:

Sky keep saying Redknapp is most likely.

Given that they've been plugging the 'Englishman only' line since the story broke, they have to really...

It's not the first time I'd rather believe the press than those itk :lol:

Sky keep saying Redknapp is most likely.

Given that they've been plugging the 'Englishman only' line since the story broke, they have to really...

maybe so Gol, but they're also running quotes from Redknapp and his Chairman to the contrary