Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

SSN say experienced manager to be appointed?

Aye, just heard that too - experienced could be anyone 'other than Shearer' though, I'm actually starting to wonder if SSN's just covering their bets by dropping in these little off hand comments 'not a foreigner', 'experienced', etc. Just have to wait for something official to be said rather than listening to the numpties in the media.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

Given how much the media has been derided here recently, I'm surprised that their words are being taken as gospel at the moment.

i have a depressing feeling it will be mark hughes....

Or McClaren. Would be dissapointed with both, bitterly disapointed.

Either one would leave many fans really scratching their head. More so that it happened now, would prob wonder what the panic was.

here's an interesting article i just read from goal.com. i know some of their stories are crap, but this is an interesting editorial:

Newcastle's Next Boss: Shearer Or Else

As Sam Allardyce departs Newcastle United, attention inevitably turns to the question of who his successor shall be. There’s only one man who will enable this club to move forwards, and that’s Alan Shearer. Even if he proves to be a terrible manager.

‘Mutual consent’. Football’s favourite cover-up phrase.

But let’s cut to the chase: if you weren’t expecting Sam Allardyce to be sacked as boss of Newcastle you are clearly new to the topsy-turvy world that is Geordie football.

Allardyce has been a dead man walking for weeks. It was a question of when – not if – the axe would fall.

Admittedly the former Bolton man hadn’t set the world of football alight since arriving on Tyneside in the summer. He hadn’t created a new mould of super humans clad in black-and-white stripes to dominate the Premier League.

But apart from that, what did Allardyce really do wrong? After all, he was given a mere eight months to make his mark and 11th in the table is hardly a disaster – it’s higher than at this time last season and this should have been regarded as a transitional year.

Sir Alex Ferguson’s march to glory at Manchester United was far from instant. But he was given time fashion success. Caretakers included, Newcastle have now gone through 16 bosses since Fergie crossed the border into England – time is clearly something Magpies managers cannot enjoy.

Fergie’s recent claim that Newcastle fans expect their team to win 5-0 every week also bears more than a hint of truth: for a club that hasn’t won a major domestic trophy since the 1955 FA Cup, expectations among supporters are immense.

There are many things that turned Geordies against Allardyce, but the Yorkshireman’s biggest weakness was this: he is not Alan Shearer. Owner Mike Ashley is clearly a man of the people, and fear of being rounded on himself has hurried him into caving to the demands of those baying for Allardyce’s blood.

This is a club where supporters often hinder more than help – Ashley would do well to listen to their wishes once more by installing Shearer in the St. James’ hotseat. Because he’ll be a great manager? No, because the team – and it’s fans – need to move on.

Since signing for his boyhood club from Blackburn Rovers in 1996 for a then world record fee of £15m, Shearer enjoyed an illustrious spell in which he captained the Magpies to, well, nothing. But regardless, he is revered by the fans.

While Shearer has acquired his Uefa coaching badges he has refrained from taking jobs at lower division sides in the mould of Roy Keane or Paul Ince. It appears to be a case of Newcastle or nothing. His repeated refusals to rule out the possibility of taking the manager’s job have only harmed the club he loves. You, I and the fans know he wants the post one day. But until he takes it, every other Newcastle United boss will be undermined. Football management is a popularity contest, and on Tyneside nobody beats Shearer.

Only time will tell whether Shearer will succeed at St. James’. My personal opinion is that he would be a disaster. But a good disaster. I severely doubt his ability to turn around the fortunes of a side in whose system he himself was entrenched for nine mediocre years (mediocre by Magpies fans’ lofty standards, at least). Master motivator perhaps, but Arsène Wenger he is most certainly not.

Nevertheless, Newcastle need Shearer now. In the worst case scenario, Mike Ashley can diplomatically move him upstairs, bring in a replacement with superior technical and tactical capabilities and allow the new man to focus on the task at hand without having to endure the constant whinging about how Shearer would be the saviour of the side. Until Shearer has had his chance, Newcastle are doomed to repeat this sorry sequence over and over again.

Chris Williams

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=541164

That made me laugh, if you aint done it in a couple of month your heads on the block, never mind a year

It's about time the board (albeit they're a new one) got a manager in that inspires the fans or at least causes some excitement. I was actually really optomistic when Sam joined us but we do need someone other than the likes of Hughes, McLaren, Bruce, etc.

i have a depressing feeling it will be mark hughes....

Or McClaren. Would be dissapointed with both, bitterly disapointed.

Either one would leave many fans really scratching their head. More so that it happened now, would prob wonder what the panic was.

Same with redknapp really, to sack big sam now just to bring him in.....

Wouldn't really make any sense, unless it is a "huge" name, which it most likely isn't.

Keegan anyone?

The timing seems strange unless there is a major name coming, to sack your manager during the transfer window is rather poor timing unless your new man is waiting in the wings.

Has to be a big name imo to lift Tyneside out of the coma BS has put us in, Mort & Ashley know this as well...keep the faith

I'd love to know the amount we have spent in the last 10 years in pay-offs to managers and various backroom staff. Most likely it could have bought us 3 albert luques.

Edited by newcastlebroon

The timing seems strange unless there is a major name coming, to sack your manager during the transfer window is rather poor timing unless your new man is waiting in the wings.

Or Mort/Ashley want it to look like they were goin to back allardcye with potential transfers being lined up then bang they fire him, so it looks like we were going to back him but secretely wanted to save the cash so ashley can sell up in the summer as his advertising schemes have not paid off. Haha or as you said, a manager is waiting in the wings. Im just bored ;)

Only days ago Mort was commenting on the stories about Allardyce's future as "tiresome" seems strange to make those comments and sack your man so soon after unless there is some truth in the rumour of the approach from a top manager, something out side seems to have triggered this.

Only days ago Mort was commenting on the stories about Allardyce's future as "tiresome" seems strange to make those comments and sack your man so soon after unless there is some truth in the rumour of the approach from a top manager, something out side seems to have triggered this.

Agreed, if we get Mourhino me and you will look great Jimbo, if we get Mike Baldwin we'd better resign from the board as the soopafans with season tickets will have us ;)

Well i actually agree jimbo....i think there mite of been something in that article last week from agency. I dont quite know why but theres something telling me this is "the special ones" doing.

Edited by Maestro7

Agreed, if we get Mourhino me and you will look great Jimbo, if we get Mike Baldwin we'd better resign from the board as the soopafans with season tickets will have us ;)

12 month bans at a minimum.

The "through the proper channels" comment in the club statement makes me beleive their target is currently in employment.

But why on Earth would Jose want to come to us??? He turned down England and there MUST be more attractive options to him than joining us. I'd love it if it was but i just refuse to get my hope up, I think there's more chance of it being Keegan with Shearer as No.2