Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well bolt out of the blue but not much of a suprise! Ashley muct not of trusted BSA with his money so fair play though i would of waited till end of the season. Which suggests he has made a few phone calls already and i dunno why but iv got a sneaky feelin we could be seeing the "special one" here very soon!

Or maybe alan shearer??

I'm bitterly disapointed that Allardyce hasn't worked out, I was fully behind his appointment as Newcastle manager, but it soon became clear that we once again had appointed the wrong man, I think the club have made a brave decision today but also a wise one.

Makes you wonder why these youngsters have been brought in then? must have been over his head!

Just posted the same (or tried to, at least) on N-O. Hope the chairman's not been signing them... ;)

Considering the club made a bid for Wes Brown the other day I'd say Allardyce has had the backing up until he got sacked.

Not that I'd think Allardyce had scouted the young lads though.

SSN reporting that it's by mutual agreement. No compo then?

I think he will be getting something in return.

Makes you wonder why these youngsters have been brought in then? must have been over his head!

We should always be on the look out for young talent and a system in place so the manager won't have to worry about it to much unless they would be going straight into the first team.

Not that upset by him going like, while i think he would have done a decent job given time I think we could find someone better.

But no Jol or McLaren please.

Rather not have Shearer either.

WEDNESDAY'S MARKET MOVES

1805: Sam Allardyce's sudden but not unexpected departure from the hottest of managerial hotseats has once again opened up the betting for one of the biggest jobs in football.

Paddy Power have Gallowgate legend Alan Shearer the hot odds-on favourite at 4/7 to finally take the reins at Newcastle whilst former Spurs manager Martin Jol follows at 7/1. Jose Mourinho is one of the leading managers currently out of a job and is 16/1 whilst Kevin Keegan is 22/1 for a return.

Former England manager Steve McClaren is a 28/1 outsider with arch-rival Sunderland’s manager Roy Keane an even longer shot at 50/1. Professional Geordies Ant & Dec are 500/1.

Darren Haines, spokesman for Paddy Power, said: "We’ve probably had a next manager betting market on Newcastle more often than any other football club, such is the revolving door at St James’ Park.

"You can be sure it will once again be a very active market over the next few days as managers show their mettle or otherwise for the most poisoned of chalices in football management."

Next Newcastle Manager: 4/7 Shearer, 7/1 Jol, 8/1 Venables, 11/1 Klinsmann, 16/1 Mourinho, 16/1 Houllier, 20/1 Lippi, 22/1 Keegan, 25/1 Van Basten, 28/1 Trappatoni, 28/1 McClaren, 33/1 Benitez, 33/1 J Collins, 40/1 Hoddle, 50/1 Keane, 50/1 Davies, 500/1 Ant & Dec.

With some of the names mentioned I think I would rather Ant and Dec....

Would have gave him until atleast the end of the season. Unless they have a big name lined up?

SSN said before that they spoke to him at 5 o'clock to ask him about the rumours he'd lost his job, his reply something along the lines of: "It's news to me if true, I'd better go and find out". Harsh tbh.

I'm bitterly disapointed that Allardyce hasn't worked out, I was fully behind his appointment as Newcastle manager, but it soon became clear that we once again had appointed the wrong man, I think the club have made a brave decision today but also a wise one.

I've said I'd be happy for him to go as long as we have better lined up, I hope it's not Shearer but I could understand if they did.

His football was shite though.

Guest Patrokles
Shepherd isn't in charge any more; I don't see why there's still dread about impending appointments.

I can only see the following managers getting the time from the fans:

- Shearer

- Jose

errrrrrrrrrrrrr

That's a problem with the fans, not the owners.

Just posted the same (or tried to, at least) on N-O. Hope the chairman's not been signing them... ;)

Considering the club made a bid for Wes Brown the other day I'd say Allardyce has had the backing up until he got sacked.

That's what I find strange, how they're backing him last week with that and we're making enquiries about Diarra then next thing we know he's out the door.

Following the breaking news that Sam Allardyce has parted company with Newcastle United, Sky Bet have opened a book on his successor and have installed local legend Alan Shearer as short priced favourite at 4/6.

Harry Redknapp is 4/1 second favourite, with former Liverpool and Lyon boss, Gérard Houllier, and ex-Spurs manager, Martin Jol, both quoted at 8/1.

Sky Bet’s PR Director, Dale Tempest, said: "The job is Shearer’s- it’s just a question of whether he wants it or not."

Allardyce lasted just 24 games in the Newcastle hotseat, winning eight, losing 10 and drawing the other six.

He's the sixth Magpies manager to leave the post since Kevin Keegan departed in January 1997.

;)

Guest Patrokles

I can see them already having a suitable replacement, or if not, actually sitting down and doing their research on the candidates, and making a rational, sensible decision, appointing someone with a proven track record of genuine high-level success.

Shepherd isn't in charge any more; I don't see why there's still dread about impending appointments.

Allardyce thought he was still in a job at 5pm. 20mins later he was gone.

Hoped Mort was better than that tbh. He'd better have someone good to spend some money.

The statement on the official site certainly reads like somebody has already been lined up and i just can't see them appointing Shearer.

Is Mourinho beyond the realms of possibility?

YES

Let's wait and see. As Patrokles has said, they are very shrewd people who should recognise the likes of Jol and Shearer as a sideways step at best. Mourinho is the only available manager who would tie in with Oliver's 'blow your socks off' line, too.

It's just been on SSN that they contacted Allardyce at 17:00 and he was still unaware he'd been sacked, that's disappointing.

To be honest the way it's come about I think it's more than likely that Sam initiated it and wanted to go, maybe to save any reputation he has. Let's face it he can turn around and say he was in an impossible job with too much unjustified pressure (ala what the press thinks).

I'm not as concerned with who we'll get in now we have a different board to last time and I actually wouldn't be against the signing of Shearer as manager - I have a feeling, however irrational, that he may be able to do a job for us - the only thing that worries me is is that my head or heart talking?