SSN - Newcastle to make official approach for Redknapp

Scottish Mag

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Ashley has now set his level.

Forget the title, forget top 4 - settle for good football with a probable perennial UEFA cup place battle.

I think the added and unseen cost of buying the club has dampened his ambition.

I can guarantee a failure.

Id fucking love to be corrected in a few years time by some smug poster, cause il be just as smug.

Wont happen like.

What a waste!

Is this from their back page bit? If it is then it's literally just tabloid talk.

Not done that bit yet. It's on the yellow news strap.

Definitely something from one of the papers though IMO.

I've just been reading a few threads - people on here don't seem to want Redknapp, Hughes, Shearer or Keegan. I haven't seen any other names linked yet.

Who do you want to be in charge? (Who's likely to be interested.)

I've just been reading a few threads - people on here don't seem to want Redknapp, Hughes, Shearer or Keegan. I haven't seen any other names linked yet.

If he wants top 4/title he has to think bigger - Mourinho or Hiddink.

Guest James_coDurham

There isn't one that's likely to be interested, therefore giving Big Sam the time he should have been given was the best option.

I'd honestly be disappointed barring the appointment of Mourinho. Any of the ones listed then I'd have much rather have given Big Sam the time he deserved.

Do you really think Mourinho would be interested? Surely he could have any job he wanted, why Newcastle?

What's Hiddink up to these days?

Guest Patrokles
The telegraph is saying it will cost Ashley 9 million in laying off Sam and employing Redknapp. Fuck I hope we have a decent transfer kitty...

Let's wait and see what (if anything) happens tomorrow.

Do you really think Mourinho would be interested? Surely he could have any job he wanted, why Newcastle?

What's Hiddink up to these days?

I think the challegne would appeal to the arrogant twat - I also think Bobby would put a word in.

Hiddink is manager of Russia - I'd be happy to get him pending the Euros and leave Pearson in charge until then.

There isn't one that's likely to be interested, therefore giving Big Sam the time he should have been given was the best option.

I'd honestly be disappointed barring the appointment of Mourinho. Any of the ones listed then I'd have much rather have given Big Sam the time he deserved.

This is the crux of the matter: Hiddink or Mourinho or Lippi would be lovely but they are not going to come here. The level we're at (Harry, Hughes, Moyes etc) are no real improvement on Allardyce. So what was the point? Back to square one again before repeating the process again in a years time.

The telegraph is saying it will cost Ashley 9 million in laying off Sam and employing Redknapp. Fuck I hope we have a decent transfer kitty...

Let's wait and see what (if anything) happens tomorrow.

Well to be honest regardless of what happens tomorrow I still hope we have a decent transfer kitty... :lol:

Guest Patrokles

This is the crux of the matter: Hiddink or Mourinho or Lippi would be lovely but they are not going to come here. The level we're at (Harry, Hughes, Moyes etc) are no real improvement on Allardyce. So what was the point? Back to square one again before repeating the process again in a years time.

Not really. The problem with Allardyce was his philosophy and style of football. People are saying we should have kept Allardyce because he'd get there eventually once he could impose himself on matters, but no one really wanted to see the team set up like Bolton. So if we swap him for someone of equal calibre but with a more attractive philosophy, then it's an improvement. Especially since the new man will have Ashley's full backing, which Allardyce clearly did not.

I'm loving the way SSN are shouting the fact that we'll approach Pompey in the morning.. Wonder if they're building the barricades as we speak outside Fratton Park? :lol:

Looks like Harry is the man they want and to be honest I feel totally disillisioned by it all. It's not quite as downbeat and negative as I felt when we appointed Souness and Roeder but its not far off. I certainly don't see it as a step forward in any way, shape or form.

This isn't having a go at those who were keen to see Allardyce offloaded but I'd like to know what their opinions of Redknapp being his successor are? Is he the bloke you wanted or were you hoping we'd go for someone better?

Not really. The problem with Allardyce was his philosophy and style of football. People are saying we should have kept Allardyce because he'd get there eventually once he could impose himself on matters, but no one really wanted to see the team set up like Bolton. So if we swap him for someone of equal calibre but with a more attractive philosophy, then it's an improvement. Especially since the new man will have Ashley's full backing, which Allardyce clearly did not.

I agree but still feel disappointed - we have a billionaire chairman and that was a chance to go for it - now as I said the bar is set as 5th for me.

Looks like Harry is the man they want and to be honest I feel totally disillisioned by it all. It's not quite as downbeat and negative as I felt when we appointed Souness and Roeder but its not far off. I certainly don't see it as a step forward in any way, shape or form.

I think the reactions to Souness and Roeder were in the context of Shepherd with a limited (though generous) budget - its the waste of the chance to spend big with someone up to it that actually makes me feel this is more disappointing.

I'm loving the way SSN are shouting the fact that we'll approach Pompey in the morning.. Wonder if they're building the barricades as we speak outside Fratton Park? :lol:

This isn't having a go at those who were keen to see Allardyce offloaded but I'd like to know what their opinions of Redknapp being his successor are? Is he the bloke you wanted or were you hoping we'd go for someone better?

I do hold them responsible. Be careful what you wish for.