SSN - Newcastle to make official approach for Redknapp

Scottish Mag

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's happened!

Sky have confirmed they know fuck all. 'Arry is still in London having a meal with his family. Not in the North East :lol:

Many Pompey fans are distraught at the prospect of losing Redknapp, but on the other hand he is experienced enough to know that he will have to win over a considerable number of Newcastle supporters.

And sources close to him told me today that he will do that by winning football matches.

Isn't that just the most ridiculous sentence you've ever heard him utter? :lol:

How else could he win us over? A couple of magic tricks at the fucking press conference?

haha.....funny that like

It's happened!

Sky have confirmed they know fuck all. 'Arry is still in London having a meal with his family. Not in the North East :lol:

Anyone know where Lionel Hutz Chris Mort is today?

Just been seen coming out of Gills Fisheries in Concord with Louie Van Gaal. Louie had the Kebab with chilli and Mort had the battered sausage and chips.

They're Ranchin' it later on.

Graham Courtney on Talksport has just took a call about Alan Shearer,that if he was offered the job he would not knock it back :lol: he said thats all he is saying about it.

:panic:

Edited by @yourservice

Didn't Arsenal accept a £5.5m bid for Diarra from us just before Allardyce go the boot?

If you believe what you read in the papers. :lol:

Exactly! Some people slate the media and in the next breath state something they've just read, and should really ought to be able to concur that its fabricated media bullshit!

Edited by Maestro7

Does anyone else remember when Harry was the Southampton manager, and as the pressure built in the relegation battle he developed all manner of facial ticks and twitches?

Well after a couple of home defeats up here he'd look like a Tourettes sufferer who'd swallowed a handful of E's.

Does anyone else remember when Harry was the Southampton manager, and as the pressure built in the relegation battle he developed all manner of facial ticks and twitches?

Well after a couple of home defeats up here he'd look like a Tourettes sufferer who'd swallowed a handful of E's.

:lol::panic::D:D:D

Portsmouth tell Harry Redknapp to give answer by lunchtime

Harry Redknapp is expected to accept the challenge of revitalising Newcastle United today after being asked to made a quick decision by his present employers.

While Portsmouth yesterday rebuffed an initial approach from St James’ Park for permission to open negotiations with their veteran manager, their decision to allow the 60-year-old to sleep on his future represents a significant softening of their position.

Associates of Redknapp expect a positive response to Newcastle’s overtures after Mike Ashley, the club’s owner, identified him as his first-choice target to replace Sam Allardyce, although the pull of his family ties to the South Coast, as well as the support of Portsmouth fans, have been strong. While Sandra, Redknapp’s wife, will have significant sway, Newcastle officials remain optimistic.

Redknapp cancelled his regular press conference at Portsmouth’s training ground, fuelling suggestions that a move to Tyneside was imminent. He travelled to London for a shopping excursion with his wife and his sister, when he intended to finalise his plans. There is also a suggestion that he met Chris Mort, the Newcastle chairman.

With Portsmouth due to fly to the North East this lunchtime for tomorrow’s Barclays Premier League fixture against Sunderland, Peter Storrie, their chief executive, has requested that Redknapp makes his intentions known, thereby minimising disruption to team affairs.

While Portsmouth do not wish to lose their “valued” manager, there is a recognition that they cannot retain his services against his will.

Compensation of around £8 million – Redknapp signed an extended contract, which stretches until 2011, as recently as October – will soften the blow, although Redknapp is also understood to be eager to take his backroom staff of Joe Jordan and Tony Adams, who will be a candidate to succeed him at Fratton Park, to Tyneside. He is also keen to receive assurances directly from Ashley about the owner’s ambitions for Newcastle.

Apologies lads. I was told he'd been offered it and was then told by a few people who know him well that he would be accepting. Looks like i've been merked.

No problem Alan. Everyone can be wide of the mark sometimes. So what's the story about Emerton now. :lol:

Apologies lads. I was told he'd been offered it and was then told by a few people who know him well that he would be accepting. Looks like i've been merked.

Silly question, why aren't they looking at non british managers?

You were half right by the looks of it.

No idea why they are not looking for foreign manager, I still haven't heard Newcastle say that but ssn seem to think it is the case.

I was told Allardyce was gone by someone at Newcastle then told about Redknapp being approached, and that he would take it, from someone very close to Redknapp, unless he's done a great job putting me away I'm guessing Harry's just changed his mind in the mean time.

Love to say i know what Mort and Ashley are up to but I don't unfortunately. I'm clueless at the minute.