SSN - Newcastle to make official approach for Redknapp

Scottish Mag

Has Shepherd really gone?

I can't tell the difference tbh.

Sums it up perfectly. Leazes was right! :lol:

Hasn't Ashley put £250m into the club though, reducing the debt etc?

Bought for £100M odd, $75M of debt and £10M on players isn't it?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't Ashley put £250m into the club though, reducing the debt etc?

Pumping that much money into the club,you would have thought the managers being linked now would be of a higher quality like.

aye. that's what's been the thing that's disappointed me so much. i thought he might try for a really big name and back him to the hilt but redknapp could be a shepherd appointment tbh

i was ridiculed for suggesting as much yesterday -

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=17722

I can see your light,but not the one at the end of the tunnel.

i'm floundering in the dark at the moment ;)

Fortunately Shearer is just waiting for the right moment to ride to your rescue. :lol:

I know some people will laugh at me, but why is the possibility of Mourinho so distant? Before him, Chelsea weren't that great (admittedly they'd won the FA cup) but they were hardly pushing for top spot. Abramovich brought with him his Roubles and appointed a seriously top class manager.

City have done feck all for years and and been in and out of the premier league twice in the time we've been in it, yet they can get Sven with their billionaire.

This place is stressful and the job might be a poisoned chalice, but I think a lot of people would calm down a bit an be prepared to give someone time if we really thought they had a decent shout of taking us somewhere.

Just a thought.

I know some people will laugh at me, but why is the possibility of Mourinho so distant? Before him, Chelsea weren't that great (admittedly they'd won the FA cup) but they were hardly pushing for top spot. Abramovich brought with him his Roubles and appointed a seriously top class manager.

City have done feck all for years and and been in and out of the premier league twice in the time we've been in it, yet they can get Sven with their billionaire.

This place is stressful and the job might be a poisoned chalice, but I think a lot of people would calm down a bit an be prepared to give someone time if we really thought they had a decent shout of taking us somewhere.

Just a thought.

Despite finishing second and qualifying for the Champions League semi-finals?

Just a thought.

Despite finishing second and qualifying for the Champions League semi-finals?

hmmm, I maybe should have looked at their league placings before posting..... ;)

Damn my crap and misguided memory.

Still, I think my point about City is correct :lol:

SSN have just said that in the last few minutes "unconfirmed reports that representatives of Portsmouth and Newcastle are thrashing out compensation"

And Alan Oliver said 20 minutes ago that it appears to him to be a "done deal"

Edited by LeazesMag

;)

For some reason, I feel slightly optimistic. Mainly on the basis that his teams play with more intelligence, movement and pace, so if he is backed, and spends the money well, you never know.

Latest news on SSN is he has just left Portsmouths training ground. Didn't say where he was going though. ;)

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest Patrokles

I think the best thing to do would be to just withdraw my support for the entire club, make anti-Ashley banners, and cry myself to sleep every night before the new manager has even had a few games to show his intent.

Said before, press conference at Sj James Park, 3pm today.

Tickety tockety?

The '3pm press conference' thing truly has become something lost over time hasn't it?? :lol:

Bet there's not many who remember what to say in response to 'Vitor Baia' is there?

Tickety tockety?

The '3pm press conference' thing truly has become something lost over time hasn't it?? ;)

Bet there's not many who remember what to say in response to 'Vitor Baia' is there?

I knew about the press conference. :lol:

;)

For some reason, I feel slightly optimistic. Mainly on the basis that his teams play with more intelligence, movement and pace, so if he is backed, and spends the money well, you never know.

Latest news on SSN is he has just left Portsmouths training ground. Didn't say where he was going though. ;)

Shouldn't the daft shite be in Sunderland? ;)

I think the best thing to do would be to just withdraw my support for the entire club, make anti-Ashley banners, and cry myself to sleep every night before the new manager has even had a few games to show his intent.

Careful as you step down off your high horse then. :lol:

Tickety tockety?

The '3pm press conference' thing truly has become something lost over time hasn't it?? ;)

no 99 shirt wasn't it?

:lol: lurking in the shadows mostly but taking it all in incase it goes to court ;)

;)

sunderland by any chance?