SSN - Newcastle to make official approach for Redknapp

Scottish Mag

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

61. fuck sake; it's hardly a long term appointment is it? bringing in shearer as his number 2 might be a masterstoke though as it could buy redknapp more time than sam was given. can't see him fancying it mind.

redknapp is a nice bloke and he's always good value when he's interviewed but i don't see him taking us any further than the last fwe managers.

shame because our new owners could have made a real statement of intent if they'd gone after one of the top men in europe.

61. fuck sake; it's hardly a long term appointment is it? bringing in shearer as his number 2 might be a masterstoke though as it could buy redknapp more time than sam was given. can't see him fancying it mind.

redknapp is a nice bloke and he's always good value when he's interviewed but i don't see him taking us any further than the last fwe managers.

shame because our new owners could have made a real statement of intent if they'd gone after one of the top men in europe.

Being positive as I can, maybe it short-term - 3 years max by which time, if all goes to plan, we'll appoint someone bigger and better once we're established as top 6 again. Don't see why Spurs can attract somone like Ramos but we can't, however.

He was on my list of managers I don't want but I'm looking forward now, not back. Ashley obviously wanted him and if he backs him with enough money he has every chance. The way I look at it, Mourinho was the only one I really wanted, the other names mentioned didn't fill me with excitement anyway.

Likewise although I think I'd rather Shearer got a crack at the whip instead of Harry.

Being positive as I can, maybe it short-term - 3 years max by which time, if all goes to plan, we'll appoint someone bigger and better once we're established as top 6 again. Don't see why Spurs can attract somone like Ramos but we can't, however.

i'm waiting but i'm not massively charmed by what we're seeing so far :lol:

Speaking as a foreigner I'd say despite Newcastle recent CL years that Spurs have still a far more glamerous name on the continent, thus the job there being arguably more interesting. This doesn't mean Newcastle wouldn't be able to attract a big name. But Leazes is right - it would depend how an ambitious board would sell the club to the candidate.

Guest James_coDurham

I can't even be arsed to pretend to be optimistic.

What's the fucking point anymore.

Harry fucking Redknapp! A lifetime dedicated to managing shit clubs.

I can't even be arsed to pretend to be optimistic.

What's the fucking point anymore.

Harry fucking Redknapp! A lifetime dedicated to managing shit clubs.

You're such an angry young man James, you really are. :lol:

Speaking as a foreigner I'd say despite Newcastle recent CL years that Spurs have still a far more glamerous name on the continent, thus the job there being arguably more interesting. This doesn't mean Newcastle wouldn't be able to attract a big name. But Leazes is right - it would depend how an ambitious board would sell the club to the candidate.

Fair enough, don't let Stevie see this though.

He was on my list of managers I don't want but I'm looking forward now, not back. Ashley obviously wanted him and if he backs him with enough money he has every chance. The way I look at it, Mourinho was the only one I really wanted, the other names mentioned didn't fill me with excitement anyway.

Likewise although I think I'd rather Shearer got a crack at the whip instead of Harry.

Not me. Too much of a step into the unknown, at least with Arry you know what you will get, and hopefully it will be a souped up version backed by CAshley.

I don't know much about spanish football in truth but is/was Ramos in terms of level in spain probably more akin to Allardyce/Moyes/Redkapp?

I don't know much about spanish football in truth but is/was Ramos in terms of level in spain probably more akin to Allardyce/Moyes/Redkapp?

I don't know too much about Spanish football either, but I don't think so. He did win the UEFA Cup twice and had Sevilla challenging for the title/qualifying for the Champions League.

I'd say he was above that level - he'd won two Uefa Cups and a Super Cup and got Sevilla into the CL (by coming 3rd iirc).

nah; he won the uefa cup twice with seville didn't he?

Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet.

nah; he won the uefa cup twice with seville didn't he?

In a row. Fuck the Boro!

I'd say he was above that level - he'd won two Uefa Cups and a Super Cup and got Sevilla into the CL (by coming 3rd iirc).

I knew he'd won the UEFA but got the impression he'd never really pushed for the title - say like Bobby if by some miracle we'd beaten Marseille/Valencia.

I knew he'd won the UEFA but got the impression he'd never really pushed for the title - say like Bobby if by some miracle we'd beaten Marseille/Valencia.

Just checked and they were only 5 points off top spot.

You have to consider the (financial) strength of Real and Barca in Spain though. A friend (Real season ticket holder) considered Sevilla under Ramos being the best Spanish team which just wasn't reflected in the table.

Has Shepherd really gone?

I can't tell the difference tbh.

Sums it up perfectly. Leazes was right! :lol:

Hasn't Ashley put £250m into the club though, reducing the debt etc?

Pumping that much money into the club,you would have thought the managers being linked now would be of a higher quality like.