So which manager wont get a caning on here ??

jaythesouthernmag

Thomas Doll

No thanks

Really why?

I personally don't rate him as much as others, i still doubt his credentials as a "top" manager.

Did amazing things with Hamburg.

And jay, it turns out Hiddink hasn't renewed his terms with Russia past euro 08 as originally reported.

He's good enough to manage both, he proved that with PSV and Australia leading up to the last word cup.

Thomas Doll

You mentioned him before. Have you really got a clue about him?

He did briefly a good job at Hamburg before then totally making a mess of it. He has struggled to make an impact at Dortmund now, although the lastest news from yesterday is that they (after thinking about months about it) will offer him a new contract.

Thomas Doll

No thanks

Really why?

I personally don't rate him as much as others, i still doubt his credentials as a "top" manager.

Did amazing things with Hamburg.

And jay, it turns out Hiddink hasn't renewed his terms with Russia past euro 08 as originally reported.

He's good enough to manage both, he proved that with PSV and Australia leading up to the last word cup.

I love hiddinks arrogance, a tad like Van Gaal :lol: They're also tactical magicians.

Deschamps

Have you been drinking??

Yes.

Still rate him as a manager.

He's experienced, he's been successful, he's played in the premier league so he knows what it is like.

He can carry water, why don't you rate him?

(Especially in light of your willingness to support auld 'arry and his bungs).

Thomas Doll

He did briefly a good job at Hamburg before then totally making a mess of it. He has struggled to make an impact at Dortmund now, although the lastest news from yesterday is that they (after thinking about months about it) will offer him a new contract.

Obviously not as much as you Wolfie but you are closer to the action than me, as you know!

I wasn't aware of how he was going in Dortmund and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the problem at Hamburg similar to what happen to Deschamps at Monaco? The club sold key players and didn't allow the manager to adequately replace them?

Please educate those of us who obviously don't know.

Thomas Doll

Obviously not as much as you Wolfie but you are closer to the action than me, as you know!

I wasn't aware of how he was going in Dortmund and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the problem at Hamburg similar to what happen to Deschamps at Monaco? The club sold key players and didn't allow the manager to adequately replace them?

Please educate those of us who obviously don't know.

No, it wasn't the lack of backing by the board. They did sell Boularouz and van Buyten, but directly signed Kompany and Mathjisen instead. Doll just lost it and was unable to motivate players (the only thing he probably was good at before). Stevens who then took over did wonders in tactically turning around the team that was flirting with relegation in February and leading it into the Waffa-Cup (via the Intertoto).

Now at Dortmund its upwards and downwards all the time. Best example was them beating Bielefeld (who are very poor though) 6-1, then losing the next game 4-0 against a struggling Wolfsburg.

Every name mentioned seems to get slaughtered, so who can we get that, that will want the job who will appease the fans????, dont mention fucking Mourinho !!!

No one. Anyone that would take the job isn't good enough to do the job. :lol: