So Hughes then?

Big TRon

I quite like Hughes. Which is strange seeing as he was an absolute cunt as a player. Oh well.

Agreed, I couldn't stand him as a player.

Might have had something to do with where he mainly plied his trade.... ;)

Agree though.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wales were never the same after he left - but if i am right in thinking their decline coincided with gary speeds international retirement which is in turn spookily coincidental as we never looked as good in midfield after we fucked him off either

I think he knew when it was the right time to get out of the Wales job, which isn't a bad quality in a manager I suppose.

I think Hughes would be a decent replacement ......

At least he doesn't constantly chew like a cow and sit in the stands until half-time like Allardfyce did and that's a plus. What he'd be like at knocking us into shape is anyone's guess.

As a player he was miles ahead of Allardyce, maybe as a manager too.

All of the top managers in the prem were supremely average players. It's a hallmark of a good manager in some ways I spose, if you're not gifted with as much natural ability as others then you're forced to study the game more.

All of the top managers in the prem were supremely average players. It's a hallmark of a good manager in some ways I spose, if you're not gifted with as much natural ability as others then you're forced to study the game more.

Or you could just be an all round footballing God like Cruyff. ;)

Aye I'm willing to bet he got a pretty decent grounding in coaching, playing in those Ajax and Holland teams mind. You'd have to be retarded not to in fact.

Edited by manc-mag

Aye I'm willing to bet he got a pretty decent grounding in coaching, playing in those Ajax and Holland teams mind. You'd have to be retarded not to in fact.

It's a known fact that the best players don't always make the best managers regardless of their exposure to and experience in the game.

Ones that quickly spring to mind are Billy Wright(some of you young'uns won't know who he was like), Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst, and even Wor Jackie didn't cut the mustard in management.

Aye Bobby Charlton is the example I would have cited tbh. Personally delighted he amounted to nowt in the dugout tbh, as I find his utter rejection of the north east a fucking disgrace.

Aye Bobby Charlton is the example I would have cited tbh. Personally delighted he amounted to nowt in the dugout tbh, as I find his utter rejection of the north east a fucking disgrace.

You can add to that Michael Carrick who Alan Oliver, to this day keeps quoting as a local lad, despite the fact he chose West fucking Ham, then Spurs over us when Fat Fred kept begging him to come home.

You can add to that Michael Carrick who Alan Oliver, to this day keeps quoting as a local lad, despite the fact he chose West fucking Ham, then Spurs over us when Fat Fred kept begging him to come home.

I just don't get it with BC, seeing as he's had exactly the same upbringing as Jack and Jack is so obviously proud of his roots. Fair do's Bobby had a great playing career with ManUre so he's going to feel an affinity with Manchester, but it's not as if Jack played his career in the Leeds Sunday League. He had a great career in an excellent Leeds team, yet somehow unlike Bobby he is still able to remember where he's from.

Fucking can't stand him or his fucking ludicrous Whip-over hairdo (as was)

I just don't get it with BC, seeing as he's had exactly the same upbringing as Jack and Jack is so obviously proud of his roots. Fair do's Bobby had a great playing career with ManUre so he's going to feel an affinity with Manchester, but it's not as if Jack played his career in the Leeds Sunday League. He had a great career in an excellent Leeds team, yet somehow unlike Bobby he is still able to remember where he's from.

Bobby Charlton was always a spineless fish who often got chinned by big bro Jack when he was a kid. This might explain his need to escape his Ashington roots. He's probably still getting chinned to this day.

Bobby Charlton was always a spineless fish who often got chinned by big bro Jack when he was a kid. This might explain his need to escape his Ashington roots. He's probably still getting chinned to this day.

Aye and he coudnt be arsed to go to his mothers funeral.

Fucking vomit.

Cant stand the cunt.

the opposite is also true, in that quite average footballers, some who never make it at the top level at all, make out standing managers.

... actually, I'd be massively surprised if this wasn't the original post and the following "good players don't always make good managers" was a response to it... so I should really just shut up and get back to Daywatch.. a Russian film that is fucking dubbed instead of having subtitles as I'd hoped.. ;)

Aye and he coudnt be arsed to go to his mothers funeral.

Fucking vomit.

Cant stand the cunt.

I'd go along with these views. Always thought he was an odious c-word.