BANNED!

smoggeordie

Course not. I think he's a fucking cunt. So therefore, I'd tell him that in person.

Go on then. You at the match tomorrow night? :D

Thing is mate, you can say what you like about my personal life from last year. But, in the past year i've probably had the best year of my life. As well as that i'm on target for a top grade in my Masters Degree in Mathematics and I already have a job interview lined up for a big company. I'll remember to chuck you a fiver when I see you looking for pennies at Haymarket though.

Edited by smoggeordie

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Course not. I think he's a fucking cunt. So therefore, I'd tell him that in person.

Go on then. You at the match tomorrow night?

Hasn't got enough superfan points.

This thread epitomises N-O tbh, in every respect.

Surely they are getting a bad name throughout the nerdbox world? I mean who would seriously want to go on there? I go on to view for a couple of minutes, cant stand it and then leave.

I guess nothing beats TT, besides a few AFL forums i go too :icon_lol:

:D :D

Interesting observation considering the post count of those involved.

The point I was making is that the attraction of N-O seems to me to be:

for mods/admin: pompous omnipotence, with the ability to go around dishing out arbitrary punishments

for regular posters: bitching about mods/admins, but secretly actually loving it as it gives them the basic reference point for all their humour

Basically, the entire humour seems to be in ridiculing the mods/admins, but what I don't understand is where's the fun in that, it's like shooting fish in a barrell as the mods are just kids. Bit embarrassing tbh. Worse though they then come over here making out like theyre above it all whereas it's clear that NSG etc have got as inflated opinions of themselves as the mods that theyre sending up.

In all seriousness, when TT and N-O were merged it was hideous, and it was because the mods/admins/HTT's henchmen were cunts. The reaction of TT however was to just dissociate itself from that carry on because, although you could quite easily make the new set up look stupid, there was no enjoyment in it as they were in all honesty a bunch of kids. It's boring. The difference with NSG etc (as evidenced in this thread) is that this is actually the stuff they thrive off. They don't ever seem to tire of it and glory in how ridiculous their various bans have been. Which I don't doubt, but why would I fucking care? The site is a joke, so yes, the bans are going to be ridiculous. It doesnt need 20 pages for us to understand that, we understand it immediately because it's the place we fucked off from.

It sounds like an overreaction, but that's the worry for me. The two boards are so very different because the sense of humour is so different. I just don't want this place going like N-O. It's fucking mind-numbing.

Sammy making irresponsible sense again... should be ashamed iyam

:D

roy_walker.jpg

Say what I see tbh

I didnt realise how much I cared about it tbh, but it just brought back the hideous reality of the TT/N-O merger days and this being exactly what we fucked off from. Thats it though-that was our reaction to the way HTT wanted to take the site-we fucked off. These lot actually love how juvenile the place is, which is why this thread has got to 20 pages. Fucking frightening.

Someone said that this place is the product of N-O members "flouncing off" which is laughable in retrospect. You're right though, for this childish bitch session to roll on for 20 pages is a joke.

Guest BigThompers

Thing is mate, you can say what you like about my personal life from last year. But, in the past year i've probably had the best year of my life. As well as that i'm on target for a top grade in my Masters Degree in Mathematics and I already have a job interview lined up for a big company. I'll remember to chuck you a fiver when I see you looking for pennies at Haymarket though.

:icon_lol: Well if you have an interview, you must be awesome! How much they paying you for the interview? :D

The bit in bold though amuses me greatly. I've seen you on the telly, and find the fact that you would even say that to me absolutely golden. Would probably show up with your Dad and Stevie, to stick up for you though!

Oh, that's unless you're not speaking to your Dad because he might have been the one slipping your lass 12 pounds of cock behind your back?

Edited by BigThompers

for mods/admin: pompous omnipotence, with the ability to go around dishing out arbitrary punishments

for regular posters: bitching about mods/admins, but secretly actually loving it as it gives them the basic reference point for all their humour

Basically, the entire humour seems to be in ridiculing the mods/admins, but what I don't understand is where's the fun in that, it's like shooting fish in a barrell as the mods are just kids. Bit embarrassing tbh. Worse though they then come over here making out like theyre above it all whereas it's clear that NSG etc have got as inflated opinions of themselves as the mods that theyre sending up.

In all seriousness, when TT and N-O were merged it was hideous, and it was because the mods/admins/HTT's henchmen were cunts. The reaction of TT however was to just dissociate itself from that carry on because, although you could quite easily make the new set up look stupid, there was no enjoyment in it as they were in all honesty a bunch of kids. It's boring. The difference with NSG etc (as evidenced in this thread) is that this is actually the stuff they thrive off. They don't ever seem to tire of it and glory in how ridiculous their various bans have been. Which I don't doubt, but why would I fucking care? The site is a joke, so yes, the bans are going to be ridiculous. It doesnt need 20 pages for us to understand that, we understand it immediately because it's the place we fucked off from.

It sounds like an overreaction, but that's the worry for me. The two boards are so very different because the sense of humour is so different. I just don't want this place going like N-O. It's fucking mind-numbing.

:D Isn't that an understatement. There's a bit of banter in what he says but the fella actually thinks highly of himself with his articles on the reserves and what not.

To me it is a comedy club over there on NO. All about the politics and not enough about the football. Rubbish of a site and I don't visit and read any of it over there.

This thread is nothing but a bit of a chuckle though and nothing more than that in my time of boredom...

:icon_lol: Isn't that an understatement. There's a bit of banter in what he says but the fella actually thinks highly of himself with his articles on the reserves and what not.

To me it is a comedy club over there on NO. All about the politics and not enough about the football. Rubbish of a site and I don't visit and read any of it over there.

This thread is nothing but a bit of a chuckle though and nothing more than that in my time of boredom...

Can you actually name the N-O admin who are supposedly "kids," or are you just basing that opinion off one too many rides in a bandwagon that, to my knowledge, fell off it's wheels about twelve months ago?

You claim that the merge was shit because the "mods/admin/HTT's henchmen were cunts" but if I remember rightly, the place was moderated by the toontastic moderating team (Craig etc) during the merge, and it was only after the forums split that things changed (for better or for worse). Correct me if I'm wrong?

Guest stevieintoon

I think you think about things too deeply, like a reporter for The Guardian, who even when they haven't really got an opinion they'll force themselves to have one as it's their job.

As for NSG having a high opinion of himself, why? He's quite a humble lad really. Because he writes articles for NO and reports from the reserves? People find them beneficial, so why should that be seen as self glorification. Mancmag I'm guessing you were born before England won the World Cup, and Ken I'm guessing you were born before we won the First World War, I think you should have a look at yourselves at those ages, before spouting foundationless shite like what you have done above.

Edited by stevieintoon

:icon_lol:Well if you have an interview, you must be awesome! How much they paying you for the interview? :D

The bit in bold though amuses me greatly. I've seen you on the telly, and find the fact that you would even say that to me absolutely golden. Would probably show up with your Dad and Stevie, to stick up for you though!

Oh, that's unless you're not speaking to your Dad because he might have been the one slipping your lass 12 pounds of cock behind your back?

I reckon that line shows how little you know,as you actually have to go through three rounds of applications to get a formal interview with this company. Now that i'm in the final round of the applications status, as long as I don't make a tit of myself i'll be earning 30k as a 21 year old. Not bad, eh?

As regards to you seeing me on the Telly, would this be my interview in 2005? Things change, mate. Obviously you haven't gone through puberty in those 3 years though.

May I remind everyone that this is only the internet FFS.

Agreed, I can't really be arsed replying to him anymore. When all someone has as ammunition against you is a TV interview from 3 years ago and a relationship from a year ago, then you know you're not doing bad in life.

:icon_lol:

This thread is hilarious. Funny enough from NSG and Thompo, but the snobbery and whinging about another board that people supposedly don't read gets me going as well.

Best thread in Gen Chat here since Wacky wanted to fight Peasepud, or however that one went.